Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Hows that DCT working out for you eeloe? Thinking of getting one from TBS but your first impressions weren't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Hows that DCT working out for you eeloe? Thinking of getting one from TBS but your first impressions weren't great.

Hi GH ive been using a DCT for the last week or so on and off with a LT and I have had no issues with it vaping great, I purchased it from e-cigshop. I do find the boges better for flavour and allround vape except the keeping them topped up part so im looking forward to getting minisub tank to use with them.

Thanks Newmark. You got the carto's from there too? They are Smoktech I see but I assume boges will fit too then? Most of the DCC's that I see seem to be Smoktech. Never tried boges yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

boges won't fit a DCT
    well maybe the boge xxl's will, but I think even they are a bit smaller than dual coils

Thanks Newmark. You got the carto's from there too? They are Smoktech I see but I assume boges will fit too then? Most of the DCC's that I see seem to be Smoktech. Never tried boges yet.

Yes got the DCC's there too. To be honest with you I'm not sure about the boges fitting them. I know the 2.0 ohm ones I have are too short but I don't think the boges fit them as there's a section for the flange thing to stick into on the DCT tank so I take it that they might leek unless you use a smoktech carto with the flange thing on it though I might be wrong.

• Advertisement

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/boge-cartomizers-p-129.html

huh
    an irish supplier now selling SR boge's. hope no one makes the mistake or ordering them for an ego battery, but good news for variabe voltage owners

only available in black so not suitable for tanks, damn. still, nice to have the option.

guess ill post this in the Where to buy thread since thhey're not suited for tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Still haven't received my carto's for my new arry tank, it's annoying at this stage. I don't know what I'll do if they don't arrive Tuesday. Cancel and reorder? But then I'll be waiting another week. Frustrating.

ytou could order a boge 2ohm from TBS to do you uyntil your 3ohms come

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

It's an okay vape, the DCC's aren't the same as TBS's normal DCC's tho...slightly different experience using them, draw is a little tighter, and they don't run as hot!

But it's nice that you can fill it up, at 8am, and not have to worry about it till later that night! :-)

I find the same with the DCC's I got during the week. Vapour is not as warm and less 'full'. Think I'll get some ego-c lr heads during the week and thinking of getting another iMist atty too. Everybody seems to love the iMist except me so maybe I got a dud. Didn't spend much in the last couple of weeks…

Thinking of a DCT as well but I'd prefer if the ego-c lr worked. If that doesn't work I'm going to get a DCT.

• Advertisement

My brother in law has a stainless DCT and he's said he's 'found what he loves' with it....mine is the smokey black one, and I have to say if I was buying again, I'd spend the extra €1 an get a stainless!

What resistance are the DCC's?

I think they are LR, well quoted as LR anyway.

I don't have equipment to test them unfortunately!

i think dcc's only come in 1.5/1.7/2.5ohms. although different branded cartos might have different performance levels.. *shrug*

its possible having it in the tank is affected the warmth of the vape? as the liquid surrounding it might be acting as a heatsink?

--edit
    just watched a video wher a guy said he was using a 2.8ohm dual coil
    so..

*meh*
    :)

Bought 2 ego batteries in Nov. One gave out today!!!!!! Other one ran out so leaving it charge and hoping it holds out until Wednesday. Probably go soon too as I've been alternating.

Went for the DCT and carto's as well as 2 batteries anyway.

it only lasted 5 months? that's not good at all. both of mine were still alive and kicking until I broke one on paddys day, and I got them in november/december '10

Yeah, disappointing alright.

Still no sign of my chibi and mini-sub tanks on the Anpost tracking website. I wander will they magically appear in the morning.... I just don't like filling cartos I don't have the patience for it!! :rolleyes:

i never got an post tracking to work for any order from america

parkesvaping at least oughta take a week or just over, so you should get it early enoughj this week if it shipped at the start of last week

i never got an post tracking to work for any order from america

parkesvaping at least oughta take a week or just over, so you should get it early enoughj this week if it shipped at the start of last week

March 14, 2012 11:38 am CHICAGO, IL 60666 Processed through USPS Sort Facility
    March 13, 2012 12:24 am SANDSTON, VA 23150 Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
    March 12, 2012 Electronic Shipping Info Received
    March 12, 2012 6:04 pm KESWICK, VA 22947 Dispatched to Sort Facility

The momandpops one shipped the on the 12th and nothing since the 14th in Chicago so I'm hoping Chicago was the last stop in U.S. and that it will be here tomorrow.

• Advertisement

yeah, same for all my orders
    it gets tracked all the way to chicago, then i wait a few days and it appears :)

my last package from them was shipped on the 18th, arrived on the 24th of february

left chicago on the 19th.

my previous order from them shipped 27th december, arrived 4th of jan. so just about a week in each case

Hello Everyone! To celebrate the first day of spring Parkes Vaping is offering 20% off your entire order. It's easy to get the discount just use code SPRING20 at the checkout. Code is good for the entire day of 03/20/2012.

not much help to those of us who already have chibi tanks, but if anyone was planning on getting one.. or even if you need some prepunched boge cartos. 20% off an order if you place it tomorrow

PBusardo review of the Mini Sub Tank....

nice, and he has it on a lavatube. looks good although I dont like how the top of the carto sticks out that much.. could easily fit another ml of juice at least if they just made the tank a tiny bit bigger

although I guess with the easy filling it doesnt really have to fit that much inside

--edit

changing the carto looks pretty much exactly like the chibi tank.

so much cool gear floating around at the minute....and it's only mid March, imagine the cool stuff that'll be released towards the end of the year!

repairables and mods i'd say are the next big thing

really dont see how they can push cartos/tanks much further.. just make them a little more consistent and .. that's about it really, they already do the job they're meant to pretty damn well.

--edit

rofl
    get into that hole to get your juice in there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think there'll be a lot of new clearo style devices too, that seems to be where a lot of the R&D is going at the moment and the vision/stardust is pretty popular so I can see others trying to copy that.

Got my mini-sub tank and chibi tank today and am currently in vaping heaven, with the mini-sub tank, boge 2.0 ohm, LT @4.4V, parkes vaping PV4 18mg juice 50VG/50%PG and a freshly charged battery. Now if only those good batteries will hurry up in the post :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

excellent :)
    I arrived home to a rather large looking package on the kitchen counter, ran over all excited like and it was a pair of gloves mam left in her sisters house when she was in america last month
    gutted

Advertisement