Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the dccs that come wouldnt be the same I think, the tank ones have a special flange on the bottom to prevent the tank sliding down and leaking

so unless TBS standard dccs are also smoktech, theyre probably different

i think tommy2bad got a DCT recently, seems to be enjoying it. carto tanks in general are pretty great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Might buy one. Have to wait till next week now though. Damn it.

aye, ireland really needs saturday post

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Might buy one. Have to wait till next week now though. Damn it.

Yea bloody Bank holiday as well puts an extra days wait onto it. I'm waiting on 4 different orders at the moment I'm nearly sure my Irish ones will come tomorrow alright but the 2 I'm waiting on from USA will probably be after the weekend..:(

aye, ireland really needs saturday post

7 Days a week and twice a day would be better 9am and 9pm delivery times thats not much to ask is it in this day and age and all that...:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I got a dct this week! :-)

Sucker for buying new gear, tried it yesterday with some Liqua strawberry!

Was getting a lot of gurgling off it, so put it aside till I get some more time to fiddle with it! :-)

Will report back tomorrow! :-)

gurgling means it's flooded
    try opening the top cap a little bit to let some air escape
    it has something to do with air pressure, or pixies or something. it can also lead to juice being forced out through the battery end.

eeloe wrote: »
    I got a dct this week! :-)

Sucker for buying new gear, tried it yesterday with some Liqua strawberry!

Was getting a lot of gurgling off it, so put it aside till I get some more time to fiddle with it! :-)

Will report back tomorrow! :-)

Try blowing out through the battery side to clear the centre tube and wipe the excess at the top off after it with a tissue and it should stop the gurgling. It just means that there is too much liquid in the cartomiser. I watched the following video by PBusardo during the week there as I got a DCT as well and found it helpful. The video is for boge cartomisers but the same thing really with any of the cartomisers I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PICBRi37Zs0

good man newmark
    gona bookmark that vid so I can use it to post in 'first vaping kit' threads to explain filling cartomisers.
    seems to be far better than the others ive been posting

good man newmark
    gona bookmark that vid so I can use it to post in 'first vaping kit' threads to explain filling cartomisers.
    seems to be far better than the others ive been posting

Yea I like his reviews they are interesting to watch and he seems to know his stuff.

• Advertisement

yeah, himself scott and grimgreen I pretty much watch any video they put up. entertaining as much as anything else

@ Digby, the top of these isn't one that can be screwed off, just kinda wedged on and off if ya get me?

@ Newmark, I've tried blowing through the carto, I'll try emptying it and refilling it again!

The carto's that come with it(with a flange) aren't the normal ones TBS stocks, they dont get as hot when Vaping for a while! :-)

eeloe, yeah it's similar enough to the chibi tanks. You can either stick a sharp syringe in there and wiggle it about to let some air escape or use a scissors blade to lift the top up a tiny bit then push it back down

--edit
    wheni say in there, i mean in between the grommet and the wall of the tank. try not to nick the grommet :)

I'll have a shot at it tomorrow, at work tonight.

If it works out well, I'll pick up a chibi so I can use any carto and no the specific ones,(which do work out quite expensive, compared to normal DCC's)

eeloe wrote: »
    @ Digby, the top of these isn't one that can be screwed off, just kinda wedged on and off if ya get me?

@ Newmark, I've tried blowing through the carto, I'll try emptying it and refilling it again!

The carto's that come with it(with a flange) aren't the normal ones TBS stocks, they dont get as hot when Vaping for a while! :-)

http://e-cigshop.eu/SMOK-dual-coil-cartomiser/smoktech-dual-coil-tank-cartomiser This is the one I got and its working great, it might be worth your while getting one of them to see if they are better.

they're the same I think newmark, both smoketech dual coils

eeloe i think the chibis/mini sub/arry are specific to boge's but if you make a massive order somewhere, and get a carto punch.. yeah you're golden

yeah, himself scott and grimgreen I pretty much watch any video they put up. entertaining as much as anything else

If you haven't seen this one it might be worth your while watching it since you are a boge user it might save you a few quid. It should work as good for any cartomisers for anyone who throws them out. I have cleaned them his way and it works very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ljqvNiASOc&feature=related

aye, I tried that a few times but whenever I did I only got a couple of days life out of them. just didn't seem worthwhile at the time and afaik it doesn't breath new life into a buggered carto it only cleans out the filler so you can add a new flavour
    still a good trick to have in your arsenal

weirdly enough I've heard throwing a carto into the freezer overnight can help them too

Hmmm. Looks like I might hold off on the DCT for the moment based on your experience.

it's more than likely hhe just had a dud carto for his first run, possibly he overfilled it although afaik the margins between "fine to fill up to here, whoops too far" are very very slim so you'd have to have filled it to the absolute brim for that to be an issue

dud carto is most likely, although checking the air pressure trick wouldnt hurt.
    if you want a tank system i'd reccomend the chibi tank or mini-sub tank, as they both use boge 2ohms (or 3ohms) which are great on ego batteries. but the dct's are good too, personal preference and of course with the dct's you have irish suppliers of pre-punched cartos.

• Advertisement

these look pretty interesting too, i was looking at some american guy's diy blown glass tank mods.. been curious about glass tanks since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I didn't feel this warranted a new thread so posting here. Apologies if it's off topic. I always get DCCs from thebestshop.eu and they've been great. They were out of stock for a long while but they came back in stock this week so I ordered some. It seems they've changed their DDCs, the new one has a brand printed on it, "Smok" I think. Much less draw from these ones. Fairly poor performance compared to the usual. I've been at this craic for the guts
    of a year so I'm a bit set in my ways :D

Maybe I just got a bad one, maybe others noticed the difference in this branded DCC? I dunno, just interested to hear thoughts.

Kurz wrote: »
    I didn't feel this warranted a new thread so posting here. Apologies if it's off topic. I always get DCCs from thebestshop.eu and they've been great. They were out of stock for a long while but they came back in stock this week so I ordered some. It seems they've changed their DDCs, the new one has a brand printed on it, "Smok" I think. Much less draw from these ones. Fairly poor performance compared to the usual. I've been at this craic for the guts
    of a year so I'm a bit set in my ways :D

Maybe I just got a bad one, maybe others noticed the difference in this branded DCC? I dunno, just interested to hear thoughts.

Hmmm......yeah, I got some Smok ones from The Vapour Store and they're not great either.

have you tried boges kurz? http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

as to the smok cartos, i'd suggest you email TBS and let them know you dont like the new brand so their next order they can order the old ones a gain. if enough people complain, they'll have to do something.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think "Smok" are actually Smoktech. I've seen the name pop up in a few places and from what I can tell Smoktech are starting to brand their stuff as "Smok" rather than it being sold as no-name stuff. It may just be that they have changed their cartos. Worth emailing TBS about though, they should know for sure.

edit: looking at their website (http://www.smoktech.com/) the "Smok" brand is all over it.

cartos arrived today \o/
    can go back to chibi vaping

prob gonna have to wait ages for my arry cos of the bastard bank holiday

--edit

aw yeah
    carto tank vaping. this is what ive been missing
    surprisingly enough one hole in the carto seems to be enough for 50% vg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

have you tried boges kurz? http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser/prod_227.html

as to the smok cartos, i'd suggest you email TBS and let them know you dont like the new brand so their next order they can order the old ones a gain. if enough people complain, they'll have to do something.

I was going to order a few of those but they were also out of stock. I got a good few of the smok DCCs so they should keep me going a while, hopefully I'll just adapt and stop noticing the difference. It just takes a little more dragging to get a good toke on it.

I'll throw a few of those boges in my next order to see what they're like.

youll probably adapt

I find I get used to vaping something pretty quickly, but if I have to change to another carto or something I dont really like the new thing for a while. then again maybe im just a fussy bastard.

parkesvaping apparently back in stop of the boges, just got a notification that a package was sent to me

im gona be inundated with cartos just as i'm after ordering an rda :/

• Advertisement

You can never have too much stuff stock piled if ya ask me.

Advertisement