Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just bought an arry tank from someone on ukvapers \o/

about 41 euro all in all. expensive enough for a tank after i've been using chibis for the past few months but hopefully it's worth it.

they are variable voltage devices
    the main thing with vaping is the wattage
    everyone talks about ohms and volts and unicorns, but it's wattage we're after

your ego batteries run around 3.4volts or so under load (when you are firing them and taking a draw) , the lavatube can go up to 6 volts which means more vapour, more heat and better/different flavour (depending on the juice)

the DCC's you're using would be 1.5ohms but.. i dont really understand how the dual coils affect the whole.. stuff, so im just gonna skip over that bit :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlZnGjZRjO_UdGo3VVlnVHY0VExZLVd5aDkwUEJEZXc#gid=1

ill mention boge 2ohm cartos instead, still works great on an ego battery.

from the chart above you can see (maybe, it's bloody confusing) that a 2ohm cartomiser fired at 3.4v gives 5.78 watts
    now with the lavatube, I can bump the voltage up to 4.5 volts and get 10.13 watts.
    there's a pretty big difference between the two in terms of the vaping experience.

you can also run 3ohm cartomisers at higher volts. I usually run a 3ohm carto at 5 volts giving me 8.33 watts.
    I could just run a 2ohm at 4 volts or so and get a similar enough experience but (i think.. not at all sure about this, but im reasonably sure) that running the higher ohm carto isn't as harsh on some juices as its higher resistance means it's not getting as hot.

the main thing with variable voltage vaping is the choice. if you want to run a 2ohm carto at 4v, a 3ohm carto at 5.3v or a 1.5ohm carto .. well alright, you cant actually run a 1.5ohm carto

the lavatube is limited to 2.5amps. so from the chart above you can see that a 1.5 ohm carto at 3.8v is 2.5 amps.. if you stick on a 1.5ohm dual coil and set it to 5 volts, the lavatube will fire.. but will auto adjust down to the highest safe voltage.. which in this case is probably around 3.7v. still slightly better than your ego (which runs somewhere around 3.4v when being fired) but not really worth spending the money on a variable volt device if you're only going to be firing it at 3.7v

alternatively you can watch this video by someone who knows what they're talking about

--edit

put ina better video
    be warned, it's 40 minutes long.. you can flick through it if you get bored :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Got my Smoktech DCC carto's today and they're disappointing compared to the DCC from TBS. Not as much vapour and cool vape. Who makes the DCC's in TBS? Maybe I got a dud but they're not brutal or anything, just not as good.

someone here was saying smoktechs are terrible for lack of quality control in their cartos.. forget who .. mrplop mebbe?

do you have a LT? maybe they're higher ohm than you're used to

someone here was saying smoktechs are terrible for lack of quality control in their cartos.. forget who .. mrplop mebbe?

do you have a LT? maybe they're higher ohm than you're used to

Yeah, read that yesterday. After I'd bought them of course! They are a higher ohm 1.7 vs 1.5 but the difference feels bigger.

The DCC that I was using is still better after 4 days than the new Smoktech one but maybe I'll crack open another one in case it's just not up to spec.

• Advertisement

hrm, that is weird
    does sound like a dud alright 1.7ohm shouldnt be a huge difference to a 1.5ohm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I actually though that the TBS ones were smoktech, am sure I saw that somewhere. The last few I got from TBS were slightly different to the previous ones, they were in a clear plastic wrapper instead of the green and the filler didn't look quite as good. Though to be fair they vaped about the same, and the current one I'm using is doing ok in it's 5th day (I thought it was dying earlier, but it came back to life and is doing ok).

at least with boges, you know they're boges :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

You ain't gonna regret that Arry tank, it does look like the tank of tanks!

looks like it alright im worried about punching my own cartos though

I had a boge 2ohm I got from TBS, slightly too tall for the chibi but otherwise fits
    tried punching it and whatever I did wrong it just gurgled and flooded like crazy

its gonna be an expensive learning curve until i get the hang of this, wish my healthcabin order would hurry up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Did you get the delrin punch arry sells with the tank?

no, got my tank second hand. arry never pm'd me back after 2 days and I saw one on the FS forum

i have the siam carto punch. I might have gone in a bit too far
    maybe I should just make small holes, but two of them.. i am going to be vaping at least 50% vg once my diy's finish steeping

It's an interesting looking item, I'm hoping my carto's have arrived today and I'll be able to get it up and running tonight.

I'll post pics of it up if it works well...

cool
    i think mine is being shipped from england today, so prob be around this time next week before I get it

http://ukvapers.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=7902

is mine.. dunno if linking to it works. been sanded down or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

cool
    i think mine is being shipped from england today, so prob be around this time next week before I get it

http://ukvapers.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=7902

is mine.. dunno if linking to it works. been sanded down or something.

How do you know what's left in it?

well you can slosh it around and listen I suppose :p

failing that, it has a screw off top. so just take off the drip tip, screw the top bit open and look inside

mrplop wrote: »
    How do you know what's left in it?

That is the only draw back with it I'd say, but if you top it up once a day or 2 days you won't ever run dry, and if you need to change carto's it's easy to pour liquid out with no spillage.

it has 4ml capacity doesnt it? +1ml in the carto

Does look to be the best tank available, anything about it online says it is.

Oh the end of the month can't come quick enough till I find out how much spending money I have!

Yep, roughly 4ml + 1ml in the carto.

Should be nearly 2 days worth!

• Advertisement

if you have the spending money check out the RDA (repairable dripping atty) over at ukvapers, or the last few posts on the "ze bulli" thread.

30-40 sterling incl postage, meant to be a beast

arry tank shipped \o/

now to spend the next week refreshing the royal mail tracking site every 2 hours

Frustrated that I am still waiting for the carto's for my new arry, I am itching to get started.

yeah, im waiting on cartos too from the uk.. hopefully they come tomorrow or im going to have to start trying to wash that horrible taste out of my spare kangers

if you have the spending money check out the RDA (repairable dripping atty) over at ukvapers, or the last few posts on the "ze bulli" thread.

30-40 sterling incl postage, meant to be a beast

I wouldn't have the head for re-wicking and oxidising coils.....watched a few videos alrite, but I'm happy with carto's for the time being!

..christ
    i dont think you have to oxidise anything, I really can't be trusted with a butane torch

You have to oxidise the mesh that goes in the middle?

no mesh for the RDA/RTA afaik. just wick and the resistance wire.
    i think you can use mesh if you want to, seen posts about people using a mix of wicking material and mesh and wrapping the coil around that but that's way beyond my paygrade. maybe after a couple of months I might look into that.

it looks relatively straightforward.. as far as repairables go at least

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I watched a good video the other night from c-cig-reviews showing how to make a SS mesh wick for the genesis maxi, looks simple enough as long as you have a blowtorch handy (should be able to get them dirt cheap from dealextreme if not). (starts at about 4:15)

• Advertisement

Are these worth a punt?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/smoktech-510-dct-v2-3-5ml/prod_237.html

I assume the DCC's that come pre punched are the standard DCC from TBS too.

TBS have added 12 new products in the last week.

Advertisement