Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carto tanks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

If they are 45mm they will, XL's I think. Other question is are your stainless or painted black?? Not sure about the black paint mixing with the juice??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

mewso wrote: »
    I meant to say DCT rather than DCC of course. I have loads of Boge cartos or at least I think they are the ones I have. Are you saying they will work in the DCT when punched?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html punch them and you're ready to go.

+1 on the stainless.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Gryzor wrote: »
    If they are 45mm they will, XL's I think. Other question is are your stainless or painted black?? Not sure about the black paint mixing with the juice??
    I think some shops call the normal size XL, so you might need to look out for XXL.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

eeloe wrote: »
    Yep just gotta punch a hole in them, and you could probably do with one of the thread covers too to hold the tank in place...will tidy up your device too, make it look a little neater.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/adapters/69-smoktech-dct-ego-thread-cover.html

Is anyone using the boges with standard 510 batteries? Just realised that this adapter won't work for me, and I'm not in a mad rush to buy a whole new set of batteries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pretty sure you can, although the 2ohm boges will drain the battery faster than the 2.7ohms.. and since the 510 batteries are so small , god knows how long you'd get out of it

although if you're using a DCT ona 510 battery, the 2ohm boge should actually last longer than that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I was wondering more about the adapter for the battery - as the Boge has no flange and there's no adapter for the 510 battery, it's a recipe for a pretty messy device...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Not sure such a thing exists....could try super glueing a washer onto the bottom of the carto, as a homemade flange??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Samba wrote: »
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html punch them and you're ready to go.

+1 on the stainless.

Cheers folks. What about these in XL? - http://www.bargainvapour.com/Boge_Cartomizers_Silver/p1274299_7044648.aspx - seeing as I'll need the puncher too. Is low resistance best in a DCT? I bought 2 DCTs. One for low res and one for standard but I don't know what the difference is really.

resistance only matters for the voltage you're vaping at, doesnt make a difference to the tank itself

it'd be best to go LR ifyou're vaping on an ego battery, LR or SR if you have a variable

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Gryzor wrote: »
    Not sure such a thing exists....could try super glueing a washer onto the bottom of the carto, as a homemade flange??

I seen a video recently where Garry Dibley on his program tin your tip on www.vaportails.tv got a silver metal tube the same thickness as the battery he was using the tank on for a few pence in B&Q and just cut it to size and put it between the battery and tank to stop it sliding downwards. It worked a treat and looked good as well.

For the top part if you use a vase shaped drip tip like these ones,http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/55-transparent-vase-drip-tips-with-colored-ribbon-510-901.html they stop the tank sliding upwards as the bottom part of the drip tips helps to hold it in place better and wont allow it to slide easily.

I found the video, if ye watch this from about 48 minutes onwards it shows what I was trying to explain above and stops the sliding issue. http://www.vapourtrails.tv/?p=3959

• Advertisement

Feck it, have ordered some and will see how I get on with it sliding.

The second cart I got is a dud, so I'm done with the DCCs for the DCT. I can't believe how bad the quality control is with some of these manufacturers. Pissing away 2.50 each time for all these duds adds up quickly enough.

maybe look into a carto tank that was designed for the boges or multiple cartos rather than the DCT which was intended for those flanged cartos

the mini-sub tank from momandpopvapourshop.com is meant to be pretty good

i liked the chibi tank from parkesvaping but you have to use a syringe to fill. it's a very simple no fuss tank but filling it is pretty fuss filled, especially with high vg juices.. several timesi've put too much pressure on the syringe and ended up with a face full of eliquid.

I might have to start from scratch and find another system.

It's so ****ing annoying though - I thought I had found a system that finally suits, and then it turns out that 50% of the carts are a pile of poo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

deffo look for a tank which takes boge cartos.

I've been using boges exclusively since feb, and i've only got 1-2 duds out of the whole lot i've used.

The mini sub from momandpop or a J-Tank from electronicstix...

Thanks - the J-Tank looks interesting. The other one looks too fiddly to fill for me.

I use a 5.5ml J-Tank on my Silverbullet the whole time, LOVE LOVE LOVE it...absolutely NO leaks...massive juice capacity and it's built like, well, a tank...solid as fook!

Excellent, thanks. It's hard to see from the videos - what stops it from sliding down?

Nothing actually stops it from sliding down, when you first fill it up, the o rings on the tank will be wet, so naturally, it will slide, but after a few minutes it drys up and is pretty damn hard to move, the only time you'll need to move it is when your filling it.

I'm trying to find a PBusardo video for you, 2 seconds...

EDIT

I really like Phils videos, he is what i would call a rough and tumble vaper, he uses the products in a real world situation, and shows how they perform, where a lot of the reviewers only show the products in the video and that's it, here Phil takes the tank fishing for the weekend, shows you filling it, and just goes to show how hard this tank is :)

Perfect, thanks for that. I think I'll give it a go, given that the Boge carts are getting a much better review. I'm still surprised at the poor quality of the normal DCT carts. I'm used to maybe 1 in 4 DCCs failing, but it's pretty much 1 in 2 with the DCC ones.

Yeah, DCC's are cool, in the fact they give a much different vape, due to the lower resistance, and the bigger capacity, the non flanged DCCs i never had a problem with, but the flanged ones that fit the DCT i didn't like.

If the J-Tank isn't what you like, check out any of the Arry Tanks, either ACTv4(all stainless steel, about 40euro) or the ACTv3(plastic and polycarbonate, about 30euro)

available at Moju Republic.

• Advertisement

I've just ordered the 3ml JTank, so I'll see how I get on with that. Thanks for the advice.

Agreed about the normal DCCs - they have generally been OK for me. The original ones that TBS had were great, but they changed to smoktech normal ones and I don't like them at all. A good few duds, and they don't seem to absorb as much juice.

I've been using the rubbery ones from ezsmoke.ie as a backup and while they need constant refilling, I've had very few duds.

You'll love it man! I'd be lost without mine! :-) they are damn fast with shipping too, you'll have it within a week! :-)

Get your boges from TBS, €1.50 each, or like 10 of then for €13...cheap as chips!

I had already ordered a few to try with the DCT, so should be OK for the time being. Also have a cart punch thingy on the way too, so should be all sorted. Thanks again for the tips!

In the meantime, I'm using the CE4+ which is actually working slightly better than I remember, even if the build quality is poor.

just bite the bullet and move on to rebuildables :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

I use a 5.5ml J-Tank on my Silverbullet the whole time, LOVE LOVE LOVE it...absolutely NO leaks...massive juice capacity and it's built like, well, a tank...solid as fook!

sorry for my ignorance!
    How do I use an empty tank like this, where does the atomiser go in relation to the cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Xantia wrote: »
    sorry for my ignorance!
    How do I use an empty tank like this, where does the atomiser go in relation to the cart?

You buy a long cartomiser (45mm) for the normal tanks (like everybody's favourite, the Boge XL (XXL on some sites), which you either buy with holes punched, or punch it yourself.
    This video shows how to fill.

Just have one complaint with these, taste wise, vape seems to go muted a little faster than with the other cartos imo, getting 2 days of fresh vape from these and then on the third it starts to get muted and dull, usually that's when I bin them, price, performance and general reliability makes up for this though imo.

Are you chopping and changing between juices? I generally get 5-7 days out of a Boge if I stick to the same juice

Are you chopping and changing between juices? I generally get 5-7 days out of a Boge if I stick to the same juice

No, but I suspect it's down to the high sugar content in the juice i'm using - malibu, I'm also going through about 3-4 mls of juice a day atm.

Once I note any change in taste, I tend to get a bit annoyed and just want my good tasting vape back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭borygo77

Hi lads, did you tryed those cartos from bestshop?

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/130-dct-dual-coil-cartomizer-with-hole.html

They are on the way to me and would like to know what I can expect ;) it's my first set with DCT V2 tank and ego-C Twist VV.
    Have never before use vaping stuff.

Advertisement