Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Klitschko's Boring?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What i find funny is you don't rate a lot of old timers. I'm sure you look at footage and think man they're slow and one dimensional but you could easily say the same about Vitali. I don't watch him and think wow hes great. I think hes very big and uses that exceptionally well.

That's because some of the old timers who are highly rated lacked skill-they where just tough and strong, easily beaten by fighters with good skills such as most average Boxers nowadays-Boxing in the good old days in general was shiite only for 1 or 2 exceptions who stood out as above the rubbish such as Ray Robinson and Joe Louis, and all joking aside they would not be the best now if they where around-they'd be good but just another boxer, They deserve credit for been years ahead of their times.

Some fighters seem to get better with age but its not the norm and Vitali certainly aint one of them.

Vitali has always been great though and has not diminished, you basing his level off a fight he done without proper use of his left arm for 11 rounds is BS to say the least.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

I'm not basing it on only the Chisora fight. He hasn't looked great in a good while. He's still much better than the lads hes facing but that's not saying a lot. Hes definitely slowed down. No shame in that hes 40.

Technique wise boxings still the same today as it was in the 50s. There's been no great moves or punches invented or developed has there? The aim of the game is still to hit and not be hit. They fought a lot more back then too so more chance to practice, hone and develop their skills. To call some of the great fighters of yesteryear rubbish is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

cowzerp wrote: »
    Ray Robinson and Joe Louis, and all joking aside they would not be the best now if they where around-they'd be good but just another boxer, They deserve credit for been years ahead of their times.

Please tell me you are joking?

Matthew Macklin and Lee and Chavez and Martinez and Barker etc. SRR just like them? He'd beat all them in one night, without a break.

Advertisement