Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are the Klitschko's Boring?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

1) Can you please stop mentioning David Haye and comparisons to him. I never mentioned him, so when quoting a post of mine please don't include the word Haye 2 times in the first sentence.

what makes this even funnier is that i had not even qouted you, basically your just arguing now because the majority don't agree with you, its been accepted on the not boring side that you or others feeling their boring is fine but you have not yet accepted that for us not to find them boring is fine too, Walshb for example has the same view as you but is not aggressively trying to convince people who clearly don't find them boring that they're wrong.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

cowzerp wrote: »
    what makes this even funnier is that i had not even qouted you, basically your just arguing now because the majority don't agree with you, its been accepted on the not boring side that you or others feeling their boring is fine but you have not yet accepted that for us not to find them boring is fine too, Walshb for example has the same view as you but is not aggressively trying to convince people who clearly don't find them boring that they're wrong.

to be fair i think it is more you that can't accepts ppl's negative opinions about the klitschko's. you keep making the same point over and over.

also you are totally patronising over 40% of the poll by sating they are only saying they are boring because they don't know much about boxing and are influenced by sky sports.

sky sports actually heap praise on the klitschko's so i think your wrong there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭sxt

runboyrun wrote: »
    to be fair i think it is more you that can't accepts ppl's negative opinions about the klitschko's. you keep making the same point over and over.

also you are totally patronising over 40% of the poll by sating they are only saying they are boring because they don't know much about boxing and are influenced by sky sports.

The Klits are top class professional boxers . They are role models . They take their sport serious....they never thrash talk their opponents ,They have undistupable amazing boxing records, they never slap their opponents in the faces , ..they respect all their opponents and the sport of boxing...

Why don't you give these boxers some respect ! ?

Bs plain and simple, I've accepted that some people Find them boring, it's the other side that have not accepted the majority's beliefs

With that said, the sky reference I believe and it's no coincidence that some people calling then boring rate Haye as a heavyweight and seem to only know boxing that is on sky sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Your original post which made me reply

Oh great, you go and make an entire post about Haye.

Why not make a topic or something? Instead of in are the klitschko's boring thread.

• Advertisement

sxt wrote: »
    The Klits are top class professional boxers . 1) They are role models . They take their sport serious....2) they never thrash talk their opponents ,They have undistupable amazing boxing records, 3)they never slap their opponents in the faces , ..4) they respect all their opponents and the sport of boxing...

Why don't you give these boxers some respect ! ?

1) I don't give a damn.
    2) I don't give a damn.
    3) I don't give a damn.
    4) I don't give a damn.

For some weird reason, these characterisits are consistently being brought up in trying to proof how "good" they Klitschko's are. I don't give a ***t what they do outside the ring, only in it. They could speak 50 different languages, they could have discovered a cure for AIDS, they could do whatever. It is only in the ring that is important.

Also runboyrun is right in saying Sky Sports give the Klitschko's some praise. Barry McGuigan, Johnny Nelson in the box and the commentators on air give them praise. I won't accept people saying Sky Sports do otherwise.

But though Sky praise them, technical proficency isn't high on my list of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

1) I don't give a damn.
    2) I don't give a damn.
    3) I don't give a damn.
    4) I don't give a damn.

For some weird reason, these characterisits are consistently being brought up in trying to proof how "good" they Klitschko's are. I don't give a ***t what they do outside the ring, only in it. They could speak 50 different languages, they could have discovered a cure for AIDS, they could do whatever. It is only in the ring that is important.

I agree. This should have ZERO to do with anything outside of the ring. That is a separate thread. In the ring they are professional, very competent, but to me, not all that pleasing to watch. I find their style and manner of boxing and manner of victory a wee bit boring. Still tune in to watch them though, so as I said, definitely intriguing.

Oh great, you go and make an entire post about Haye.

Why not make a topic or something? Instead of in are the klitschko's boring thread.

It's in relation and you are the 1 that kept mentioning Haye as i already pointed out, as i said i will post how i like and not to suit you, your just annoyed that this thread is not all in support of what you believe

I'm glad to see that a good % of fans look at Boxing as more than a toe to toe brawl and watch more than just Sky sports as your posts seem to point too, Don't try top make this personal with me just because i disagree with your view.

ps, you still have not accepted that its ok for people to not find the brothers Boring and that's why your coming across the way you are.
    Also runboyrun is right in saying Sky Sports give the Klitschko's some praise. Barry McGuigan, Johnny Nelson in the box and the commentators on air give them praise. I won't accept people saying Sky Sports do otherwise.

But though Sky praise them, technical proficency isn't high on my list of entertainment.

The issue is not what Sky sports say, the issue is that the anti brigade and a couple of posters in particular seem to base their opinions on only watching the couple of fights that where on Sky sports and have clearly not watched them before this.
    walshb wrote: »
    I find their style and manner of boxing and manner of victory a wee bit boring. Still tune in to watch them though, so as I said, definitely intriguing.

So if you tune in you surely can't find them Boring, i'm not saying you have to be excited by them but i knock tv off if it is boring.

It's in relation and you are the 1 that kept mentioning Haye as i already pointed out, as i said i will post how i like and not to suit you, your just annoyed that this thread is not all in support of what you believe

2) I'm glad to see that a good % of fans look at Boxing as more than a toe to toe brawl and watch more than just Sky sports as your posts seem to point too, Don't try top make this personal with me just because i disagree with your view.

3) ps, you still have not accepted that its ok for people to not find the brothers Boring and that's why your coming across the way you are.

1) I found David Haye Klitschko's best opponent because he won multiple titles at cruiserweight, had a extremely high KO percentage at cruiserweight and IMO looked good at heavyweight before Wladimir. That is what I thought, not Sky Sports. I barely even watch Sky Sports, I prefer HBO.

(watch me get put down on Haye's HW opposition, saying he only fought bums and nobodies, yet if a person speaks against the Klitschko's he is shot down.)

2) It doesn't have to be as extreme as a toe to toe brawl, but some infighting, more than just the jab and occasional right hook (when all is safe.) Plus with Wladimir not as much holding on.

3) I don't mind if people don't find the Klitschko's boring, to each man his own. I may have an idea of what the ideal Heavyweight champ, my favourite champ should be but I don't intend to force that on the Klitschko's. My favourite HW champs where the likes of Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, Liston, the best from the 70's, Tyson.

That is why best idea of a HW champ, that is why the Klitschko's don't do it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭tryingmybestt

The issue is not what Sky sports say, the issue is that the anti brigade and a couple of posters in particular seem to base their opinions on only watching the couple of fights that where on Sky sports and have clearly not watched them before this.

You clearly said before that Sky Sports are biased and now you saying Sky are not the issue :confused::confused:

The second point is bizarre.....how do you know what other posters are basing their opinions on?

How do you know that other posters have only watched a couple of their fights?? :confused::confused::confused:

You're making unsubstantiated points to validate your bogus argument. The poll is heading towards 50/50. No other good previous HW champ would have nearly 45% in a poll call them boring. !!!!

• Advertisement

You clearly said before that Sky Sports are biased and now you saying Sky are not the issue :confused::confused:

The second point is bizarre.....how do you know what other posters are basing their opinions on?

How do you know that other posters have only watched a couple of their fights?? :confused::confused::confused:

You're making unsubstantiated points to validate your bogus argument. The poll is heading towards 50/50. No other good previous HW champ would have nearly 45% in a poll call them boring. !!!!

Looking at the poll objectively, would any great heavyweight champ get over 40% boring? I'm just saying, i'm not putting down the Klitschko's.

I know people say the majority don't think their boring, and that the poll result is good. But 42% boring is still very high. Cowzerp, what do you think of 42% of people voting yes for the poll question?

I agree. This should have ZERO to do with anything outside of the ring. That is a separate thread. In the ring they are professional, very competent, but to me, not all that pleasing to watch. I find their style and manner of boxing and manner of victory a wee bit boring. Still tune in to watch them though, so as I said, definitely intriguing.

I do as well, all their fights. I approach them with a certain amount of apathy. Fact is the fight will more than likely go 10 rounds and might not be much edge of the seat action.

Looking at the poll objectively, would any great heavyweight champ get over 40% boring? I'm just saying, i'm not putting down the Klitschko's.

I know people say the majority don't think their boring, and that the poll result is good. But 42% boring is still very high. Cowzerp, what do you think of 42% of people voting yes for the poll question?

Never mind 40%........would any of the following champs get called boring by 5%.

Tyson

Foreman

Frazier

Ali

Louis

Dempsey

Holyfield

Exactly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I love the pathetic attempts from the 2 of you to gang up on cowzer and win an argument that can't be settled.

It's all a matter of opinion, nobodies wrong nobodies right, but I've done some laughing at some of the stupid shít I've read on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭runboyrun

I find it interesting that Cowzerp likes the last posters personal attack ('pathetic attempts') when it's in agreement with his point, yet if someone said that going against his opinion I'm sure there would be a little message in their inbox :0

The Klits are clearly boring, heading towards 45% of the poll agreeing with this.

This is a striking statistic especially coming from a european country where he is likely to be more popular than say america.

cowzerp is not forcing his opinion on anyone. Unless I am blind, and illiterate. I guess being blind would render me illiterate anyway, wouldn't it? Oh, braille!

As to the poll question. Yes, the percentage who voted boring is very high if compared to many other HW champs I would imagine, but srictly speaking, the majority think they are not boring.

I find it interesting that Cowzerp likes the last posters personal attack ('pathetic attempts') when it's in agreement with his point, yet if someone said that going against his opinion I'm sure there would be a little message in their inbox :0

The Klits are clearly boring, heading towards 45% of the poll agreeing with this.

This is a striking statistic especially coming from a european country where he is likely to be more popular than say america.

How can you say that ? That is your opinion. There is clearly a conserted effort and campaign , by the same few posters, to try and push the idea that The Klitscko's are "boring". When a person starts name dropping Ali and Foreman and Frazier, they are just looking to stir it up, and prolong a meaningless thread .

Why is this so important to you what percentage people called them boring.? If that is the only stick you can bash them with , then they must be doing some thing right .I think some people are tired of their overwhelming dominance and are just expressing there discontent through these kind of threads

If the Klitsckos were American and this Dominant of the sport , they would never be labelled as boring as they would have the media and the American people behind them. They would be heralded as sporting legends . There will probably never be the likes of these two brothers again .

How can you say that ? That is your opinion. There is clearly a conserted effort and campaign , by the same few posters, to try and push the idea that The Klitscko's are "boring". When a person starts name dropping Ali and Foreman and Frazier, they are just looking to stir it up, and prolong a meaningless thread .

Why is this so important to you what percentage people called them boring.? If that is the only stick you can bash them with , then they must be doing some thing right .I think some people are tired of their overwhelming dominance and are just expressing there discontent through these kind of threads

If the Klitsckos were American and this Dominant of the sport , they would never be labelled as boring as they would have the media and the American people behind them. They would be heralded as sporting legends . There will probably never be the likes of these two brothers again .

:rolleyes:

Oh and BTW yer opinion of the Klitschko's were American they would be heralded as sporting legends. If they were American they would, IMO, be seen as the best of a weak era, I would think Americans would think they wouldn't be able to beat the legends of the game.(Ali, Foreman, etc.) This era is a weak era, like the early-mid 80's.

But sure we can't say that.

:rolleyes:

Oh and BTW yer opinion of the Klitschko's were American they would be heralded as sporting legends. If they were American they would, IMO, be seen as the best of a weak era, I would think Americans would think they wouldn't be able to beat the legends of the game.(Ali, Foreman, etc.) This era is a weak era, like the early-mid 80's.

But sure we can't say that.

I disagree . If you put a poll up on an American site , with Rocky vs Vitali , most posts (Says 60- 70%) will be that Rocky knocks Vitali out (usually in the early to mid rounds) , same if he was fighting Ali or Foreman or Frazier. They seem to think that Vitali's massive size and power advantage does not exist. They dismiss his fighting ability. They dismiss his boxing ability. They seem to believe that he has a glass chin...

If the Klitschko's were all American heros , I have no doubt , that they would be considered the best of all time

• Advertisement

I disagree . If you put a poll up on an American site , with Rocky vs Vitali , most posts (Says 60- 70%) will be that Rocky knocks Vitali out (usually in the early to mid rounds) , same if he was fighting Ali or Foreman or Frazier. They seem to think that Vitali's massive size and power advantage does not exist. They dismiss his fighting ability. They dismiss his boxing ability. They seem to believe that he has a glass chin...

If the Klitschko's were all American heros , I have no doubt , that they would be considered the best of all time

Oh man....

Oh man....
    I think their consistant discipline ,dedication , professionalism , throughout their whole career has never been seen before ( I'll put Holyfield as an exception) . Add to that their unique boxing talents and ability, and their role model lifestyles. I think they would have been a phenomeon had they been born in America! . They would be having dinners with Obama , Lunches with Oprah ! .They are a dream team in sporting Ideals! I don't think anybody could dispute that ...

What about their technique? Is their technique better than others before.

What about their technique? Is their technique better than others before.

Yes , of course it is!. A fighter like either klitschko would not have been technically or physically possible 50 years ago . Nobody can dispute that? You have to remember that every generation is going benefit from the generation before hand in every aspect ,and improve on it in every aspect ...

Not only have they benefited from every possible methods of improving a boxer, they happen to be gifted with size ,power and athleticism , and with an unheard of dedication to the sport .That is why they have dominated for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Yes , of course it is!. A fighter like either klitschko would not have been technically or physically possible 50 years ago . Nobody can dispute that? You have to remember that every generation is going benefit from the generation before hand in every aspect ,and improve on it in every aspect ...

Not only have they benefited from every possible methods of improving a boxer, they happen to be gifted with size ,power and athleticism , and with an unheard of dedication to the sport .That is why they have dominated for so long

Muhammed Ali had better technique than the 2 of the klitschkos combined, there will literally never be another heavyweight with the style of Ali.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Muhammed Ali had better technique than the 2 of the klitschkos combined, there will literally never be another heavyweight with the style of Ali.

I am not talking about talent , Klitschkos have better boxing technique, conditioning and brains than boxers from 50 years ago...

( What would a 250ilbs boxer from the 1970's look like , what would be his boxing ability ?...)

I am not talking about talent , Klitschkos have better boxing technique, conditioning and brains than boxers from 50 years ago...

( What would a 250ilbs boxer from the 1970's look like , what would be his boxing ability ?...)

Take Vlad......how can a champion with no inside game have great technique??

vlad and Vit use their size effectively......they don't have the technique of a tyson, holyfield, ali, bowe etc.

better brains???? once again your posts make no sense !!

So you are implying that Americans are dishonest, shallow and not speaking their minds? There are plenty of Americans, just like there are plenty of others from other nationalities who do rate the Klits. But, there are also plenty from all nationalities that do not rate them as all time greats, or the greatest of all time, as you seem to think would be the case if they were American.

And, with this in mind, you "have no doubt?" I think there's a massive doubt. Because no matter what nationality they are, they are still the Klits, and they still have the same opposition, style and technique, all three that many fights fans don't rate.

I simply cannot get away from what I see from them (and their foes) in the ring. And, this has zero to do with what passport they hold, what colour they are or any other trait one can think of.

They do not make my top ten. And, if they were Irish they would not make my top ten.

So, what's this hang up with them NOT being American, and that this is somehow a major factor in where they are ranked?

So you are implying that Americans are dishonest, shallow and not speaking their minds? There are plenty of Americans, just like there are plenty of others from other nationalities who do rate the Klits. But, there are also plenty from all nationalities that do not rate them as all time greats, or the greatest of all time, as you seem to think would be the case if they were American.

And, with this in mind, you "have no doubt?" I think there's a massive doubt. Because no matter what nationality they are, they are still the Klits, and they still have the same opposition, style and technique, all three that many fights fans don't rate.

I simply cannot get away from what I see from them (and their foes) in the ring. And, this has zero to do with what passport they hold, what colour they are or any other trait one can think of.

They do not make my top ten. And, if they were Irish they would not make my top ten.

So, what's this hang up with them NOT being American, and that this is somehow a major factor in where they are ranked?

Bren the point is if they where American they would be household names, then people would look at them differently-Americans love nothing better than a winner, and an American winner at that.

I believe they're starting to get the respect at the moment from Boxing experts and Boxing fans, very casual fans still will barely know them and that will never change.

• Advertisement

I find it interesting that Cowzerp likes the
    last posters personal attack ('pathetic attempts') when it's in agreement with his point, yet if someone said that going against his opinion I'm sure there would be a little message in their inbox :0

I have never sent you a message in your inbox so don't know where your getting that from, and if i do that-that is a nicer thing to do than infract/ban you.

And usually it is normal to like a post that you are in agreement with, I'm hardly going to like posts that i don't agree with, Hardly anyone is backing you anyway-i think it's your aggressive way of writing.

Advertisement