Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Anybody come across this, I have a hotmail and two gmail accounts set up on the phone.

Everytime I get an email from my hotmail account it comes through twice, once to hotmail and a second time to a combined inbox. It's very annoying, getting notified twice for every message. Even if I delete it when it first comes through to hotmail, I get notified again a few minutes later.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭plys

Davie89 wrote: »
    Anybody come across this, I have a hotmail and two gmail accounts set up on the phone.

Everytime I get an email from my hotmail account it comes through twice, once to hotmail and a second time to a combined inbox. It's very annoying, getting notified twice for every message. Even if I delete it when it first comes through to hotmail, I get notified again a few minutes later.

Thanks
    Dave

Hey Dave, which email client are you using? The Stock email app, Gmail, Hotmail etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

sounds like you are using 2 email apps on the phone.
    either unlink your hotmail from your gmail or stop using the second app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

I've had the Samsung S3 for a number of weeks, but in the last 2 days the following icon has started to appear in the top bar. It's the one in the top left corner.

214502.png

I've rebooted the device, ran an avast security check, closed all open applications, cleared memory using the RAM manager. Anyone got any ideas as to what it is? Or is there an application that can tell me what it is? I've got no bogus apps installed, and using the stock ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

:o

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

plys wrote: »
    Hey Dave, which email client are you using? The Stock email app, Gmail, Hotmail etc.?

Im using the stock email app,, its very frustrating.

Im using the stock email app,, its very frustrating.
    Davie89, have you tried turning off notifications in Settings --> <Hotmail account> --> Notification settings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hey guys,

Thought I'd share, I managed to install the stock ICS keyboard following instructions from here, very simple!

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s3-gt-i9300-stock-android-4-0-ics-keyboard-101630/

I actually prefer it much more than the stock Samsung keyboard, much easier to use! Hope this helps some of you! :)

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thought I'd share, I managed to install the stock ICS keyboard following instructions from here, very simple!

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-s3-gt-i9300-stock-android-4-0-ics-keyboard-101630/

I actually prefer it much more than the stock Samsung keyboard, much easier to use! Hope this helps some of you! :)

Might give this a go myself. Sammy's version of swype is pretty useless imo, it requires much more precision than Swype and i'm ALWAYS getting caught with autocorrect-style typos... doing my nut in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Might give this a go myself. Sammy's version of swype is pretty useless imo, it requires much more precision than Swype and i'm ALWAYS getting caught with autocorrect-style typos... doing my nut in!!

Have tried both Swiftkey and Samsungs own and the best one so far is the stock ICS one, it's so simple to use and really quick. Just like my old HTC.

BTW, another tip is to hide the voice command button to the symbols screen and you get the , on the bottom left, not sure about you guys, but it suits me a hell of a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Do all Samsung Galaxys have 4G? Even though no Irish networks have 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Samsung's version is head wreaking after using the proper version. Is there anyway to put the regular Swype on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dingatron wrote: »
    Samsung's version is head wreaking after using the proper version. Is there anyway to put the regular Swype on?

I use Swype, get it from their website, it's a beta so it's not in the market
    http://www.swype.com/

Ah didn't realise it was still in beta. Thanks I'll get a copy off the site.

I'm having no problems with it. I noticed it's a lot better than it was on my Galaxy S as I kept restoring from Titanium backup, mustn't have been updating. There are now new features I didn't have, it now learns words from Twitter, FB, Gmail and SMS to dictionary

Dolphin HD

• Advertisement

100,000,000 times better. Can't believe how long I stuck with the default keyboard. haven't noticed anything as yet amiss either.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Dingatron wrote: »

100,000,000 times better. Can't believe how long I stuck with the default keyboard. haven't noticed anything as yet amiss either.

I agree. Thanks to who ever put up the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

I got an OTA update this morning, I9300XXBLG6
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

statto25 wrote: »
    I got an OTA update this morning, I9300XXBLG6
    Anyone else?

If you have your phone unlocked, don't update. someone reports its locking the sim again and can't be unlocked.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1795172

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just tried there got this message:

Access to the software update service is provided to users in the order in which they request it. Try later.

On Emobile the last update was slow for me and I had an awful job trying to get Kies to recognise my phone. This certainly looks more promising!

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

I wouldn't be in a rush to apply this update
    Samsung strips international Galaxy S III local search with sneaky update
    Billed as a “stability” update by Samsung itself, the new software actually strips local search functionality from the Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone

http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-strips-international-galaxy-s-iii-local-search-with-sneaky-update-25240131/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭statto25

akamossie wrote: »
    If you have your phone unlocked, don't update. someone reports its locking the sim again and can't be unlocked.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1795172

Well Fcuk. I installed it without even thinking. I cant check whether its SIM locked now or not. Keep getting "Connection Problem or invalid MMI code"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I just assumed the sim unlock was permanent, i guess not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Stock eMobile S3 and "no update available" this morning.

Currently on I9300XXALF2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Same here but I'm on sim free BLFB. Won't upgrade anyway until I see its worth it.
    Stock eMobile S3 and "no update available" this morning.

Currently on I9300XXALF2.

Advertisement