Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Suarez will always be the type of player who could score a hat-trick from nowhere... which makes him an annoying little bugger, because most of the time he just stays in the "nowhere" category. His end product just isn't good enough to warrant his price. Especially with Ba, both Cisse's, Sturridge, etc all being cheaper.

No doubt he's got the moves, but not a great FF choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Just use this for the match day thread

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

we'll just set up a matchday thread tomorrow morning. don't want to confuse noobs - want to attract as many people to the forum as possible

Matchday thread - fantasy premier league

I think thats a decent title, we can just keep that going forward - it'll be the main thread basically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Because I have such a good squad and alot of the cheap midfielders are doing well its been a pain some weeks on who to leave on the bench,im sure many of you are the same. This gameweek this is my dilemma

which one to leave on the bench from these 3

Mcclean away to westbrom

Dempsey away to QPR

Sigoursson away to stoke

I just dont know

Im still undecided on this,I could leave any of them on the bench I suppose and it wouldnt be the wrong decision

We should see what the Ade & Moon think. If they prefer, I'll happily edit the OP with line-ups and further info so we can carry this through to match-day. It's all the same to me. As long as we make it look somewhat presentable, and don't confuse people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Any news on R Taylor? Saw that he might be back tomorrow?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Any news on R Taylor? Saw that he might be back tomorrow?

Should play from what I hear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

R Taylor should be available to play but with Cabaye back from suspension I'm not sure if he'll start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

R Taylor should be available to play but with Cabaye back from suspension I'm not sure if he'll start.

And Tiote back from Acon I wouldn't be 100% certain he will start .

If Taylor starts it'll likely be in right mid. He only played centre last time as cover. We've seen already Pardew likes him in his starting 11 for his set piece duties. If i were to put money on it i'd say Obertan'll make way

• Advertisement

Like I was saying in the old thread, this place is still a baby. We're not going to lose users here, we're only going to gain them. It's all about growth at the minute. We've got 3 more months of figuring out how to make this place work, then come next season this will be the only place worth posting.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that we've been torn away from the Soccer forum, but all we can do is keep this place advertised over there. No point in complaining about this place not getting Soccer traffic if none of us try to do anything about it.

Several of you should simply PM the mods over there and ask them to stick a link in the first post of their thread, then make sure you keep referencing posts here. The traffic will come, it's just unfortunite that we're left "fighting" for attention because of basically one soccer mod with a stick up his ass who has the other mods on a leash.

Saying all that, we haven't had a single GW yet since this forum was made... yet we've still managed about 300 posts in over a dozen FPL threads, and a captaincy poll with over 100 votes. That's incredible considering we're not even being promoted on Soccer and haven't had a GW yet.

All I can say is give it time. This place is infinitely more suited for FPL talk... the only thing they have going for them over there is traffic... and there's nothing stopping us from diverting it here, with a bit of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'd leave sig on the bench too. He was very unlucky last week, should have got a big score.

:confused:

Are you not contradicting yourself here? He has gotten big scores before and was unlucky to do so last time... he's a solid player and one of the brighter sparks of the transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Just about to change valencia out of my team when i see he is gone down to 8.1m. Am disgusted bought him for 8.2 so i'm going to suffer a loss now if i transfer him out. How did he fall 0.2 million so quickly. I looked at it on weds or thursday and he was still at 8.3m. Don't feel it was right for him to drop 0.2m

Yeah that's bizarre. I'm nearly sure he was 8.3 yesterday. I don't have him, but still

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

If you can afford to hold onto him then you should I reckon. I'm planning to bring him in in a double with Rooney in 2 weeks, replacing Walters and Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Chelsea (vs Bolton): Cech, Ivanovic, David Luiz, Cahill, Cole; Ramires, Essien, Lamps (c); Sturridge, Drogba, Mata.

Newcastle (vs Wolves): Krul; Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Santon; R Taylor, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez; Cisse, Ba

QPR (vs Fulham): Kenny, Diakite, Hill, Taarabt, Mackie, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Taiwo, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Zamora

West Brom (vs Sunderland): Foster; Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell; Odemwingie, Mulumbu, Morrison, Andrews, Thomas; Fortune.

Wigan (vs Villa): Al Habsi,, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Caldwell (c), Di Santo, Moses, Gomez, McArthur, Boyce, Beausejour, Figueroa

Bolton (vs Chelsea): Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Muamba, Reo-Coker, Pratley, Miyaichi, Tuncay, Ngog

Wolves (vs Newcastle): Hennessey, Zubar, Berra, Stearman, Ward, Foley, Henry, Edwards, Jarvis, O'Hara, Doyle

Fulham (vs QPR): Schwarzer, Kelly, Riise, Hangeland, Pogrebnyak, Johnson, Ruiz, Murphy, Hughes, Dempsey, Dembele

Sunderland (vs WBA): Mignolet, Bardsley, Richardson, Turner, O'Shea, Larsson, McClean, Cattermole (C), Colback, Gardner, Sessegnon

Villa (vs Wigan): Given, Hutton, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock, Albrighton, Bannan, Gardner, Agbonlahor, Bent, Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

winning my money league by 74 points but my score is not even good enough for the top 200 in the boards league which should tell you a fair bit about the quality of the money league!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I'm looking for advice for the rest of the season. Now I know planning for the next 3 weeks is hard, never mind the rest of the season but I'd like to discuss general opinions on a number of areas.

I need to make up a points difference of 45 in my paid league.

Ok so here's my team at the moment:

fantasy111225.jpg

I've £0.9m in the bank with the team above.

Firstly, I dropped Valencia for Mata this GW which looks like it might have paid off. Valencia has dropped to the price I sold him at (£8.1m) and it looks like I might make a sneaky £0.1m on Mata. Mata isn't a long term choice but rather someone to fill the void while Valencia is out.

My general aim at the moment is to work towards GW29 and make sure I have a decent team for that week, as I see this as being decent chance of picking up points on my rivals. After GW29 I plan to use my wildcard before GW30 for the run in.

Both Vorm and Sorensen have been poor for the last 5 GW5's or so. Having said that I'm not keen on spending big money on a goalie. If you were to drop one of the above who would you drop and for who? I have Vorm since day one.

Then the defenders -

My aim with the defenders is to have a diverse selection in order to give myself a better chance of picking up clean sheets. I cashed in on the profit I made on Phil Jones and replaced him with Evans. I'm happy with this choice.

I picked Simpson above Taylor at the start of the season and this decision has haunted me ever since! I suppose dropping Simpson for Ryan Taylor even now might be a good decision as Taylor is playing in a midfield position and good value when you consider he has as many points as VDV etc...

I'm doing ok with BAE and I'm happy to stick with him for the moment.

I picked Kompany on day one as he seemed the only guaranteed defender to start for City and I've stuck with him.

Kelly is there as cover. Fulham kept their first clean sheet in a good while today, so hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

I don't see a lot of changes in my defenders, bar maybe getting Raylor in and maybe switching Kelly at some point. Any opinions on the defenders?

Midfielders & Forwards -

As mentioned above I reckon I'll be dropping Mata for Valencia for GW28. All going well this will free up £1.6m.

I've toyed with the idea of getting rid of RVP but just can't bring myself to do it! I have RVP since day one so if I get rid of him I won't be buying him back.

One thing for sure is that I want Rooney in for GW29 and probably for the rest of the season. I'd also like to keep some City cover up front. At present I'm toying with the idea of dropping Ba for Balotelli and dropping Aguero for Rooney. This would give me RVP, Rooney and City cover up front. What do you think?

The midfield will ultimately depend on what I do up front. I've had Silva from day one and will probably hold on to him. The general opinion with my midfield whenever I speak to anyone is that I have two stop gaps (McClean and Dyer) and that I should upgrade one of them. It's probably an accurate assessment but I dropped Walters for McClean a couple of keeps ago as Walters was doing nothing for me.

Total team value is £109.

Any opinions?

You're probably better off putting this in the Rate My Team thread. Can't imagine mods would be OK with people making new threads just specifically for their own teams. They already closed one (and rightly so, IMO).

Plus you'll get more traffic in that thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭pah

carlcon wrote: »
    You're probably better off putting this in the Rate My Team thread. Can't imagine mods would be OK with people making new threads just specifically for their own teams. They already closed one (and rightly so, IMO).

Plus you'll get more traffic in that thread. :)

+1 would suggest the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Ok so I can assume this forum is going to be a heavily modded then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Szczesny; Sagna, Kosc, Vermaelan, Gibbs; Arteta, Song; Rosicky; Walcott, RVP, Benayoun.

Freidel; Walker, Kaboul, King, AsEkotto; Kranjcar, Parker, Modric, Bale; Adebayor, Saha.

Ruddy, Drury, Johnson, Whitbread, Holt (C), Jackson, Surman, Pilkington, Fox, Ward, Naughton.

De Gea, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Giggs, Hernandez, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck, Scholes

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ok so I can assume this forum is going to be a heavily modded then.

At first while we all learn our way, maybe. Just can't have everyone making their own individual "look at my team" threads. That would make the forum pretty poor to look at.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

No Vorm for Swansea today due to illness!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Why get rid of the best player in the PL:confused:

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Kept him in the end, captained Ba this week though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

I only saw one match this weekend.

Man City vs Blackburn
    3 Aguero
    2 Yaya Toure
    1 Kolarov

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

There is no point in attempting to guess the BP. There is no consistency or sence for the most part when they determine the BP.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Took another points hit this week, the 3rd in 4 GWs, subbing out Valencia & Bellamy (neither of whom played) for Rooney (we all know what happened there) & Pilkington (2).

That's a loss of 2pts for this week and a total of -5 in the last 4 games.

on the other hand my team value has rocketed up 1.8m in that time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Keno 92 wrote: »
    There is no point in attempting to guess the BP. There is no consistency or sence for the most part when they determine the BP.

If you don't try to predict them then you don't know if they were hard to predict or not.

From the Arsenal Spurs game. I'm going for

3- Sagna/Walcott
    2 - Van Persie
    1 - Rosicky

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement