Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I wouldnt be surprised if Aguero is rested(im a city fan). its a tough one this week. Will wait till last min before deciding!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

i've taken many points hits, but thats not the reason for my poor position (200000+), poor captain choices, not having Ba in the first half of the season, not having Vorm, getting in Bale too late, these have all hurt me. Kind of disappointed overall coz i had a semi-respectable showing last year in my first year doing fpl (3003 pos). Second season syndrome i think they call it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Dropped outside the top 10 in boards after last week so sitting in 13th now. 1st in all my other leagues, most of them for cash. Almost €2,500 to play for so definitely keeping me interested!

Buskers Bar is €1,000 - 1st in this out of 234 people, 30 points clear of the pack. Hopefully can continue on and take it but a long way to go yet.

St Annes Superleague is €420 - 1st in this but only 21 points clear of 2nd who is the only realistic challenger. He's gained about 60 points on me since xmas.

Cheese League is €400 - 1st in this and 45 points clear, should be enough to take it.

William Hill is £260 - this is over, im 100+ points clear

William Hill Head to Head is £240 - surprisingly I'm 2nd in this despite being 100 points ahead of the guy who's winning! Damn head to heads...

Was also in another local league which had monthly cash prizes but this has since been deleted for some reason. I still made £100 out of it though :)

uu61t.jpg

Buskers and boards are the only ones I have my eye on really. This is the most money leagues I've ever played and thankfully it's been my best year!

How the hell did you manage to get into so many money leagues

You're like the Don of fantasy football!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭G1032

1451 points
    In position 7943 overall
    I've taken a hit 5 times altogether. 20 point hit overall.

• Advertisement

Rooney a doubt for the weekend now. Can't see Aguero being rested. 3 days rest between now and weekend. Balotelli's a dark horse

Work, football team, mates etc... its good craic and keeps you interested, none of them are for big money though.

I know lads that are in bigger leagues though, there's one in a pub back home in Dublin which is €20 in and has about 150 players so a cracking prizefund!

roryc wrote: »
    Work, football team, mates etc... its good craic and keeps you interested, none of them are for big money though.

I know lads that are in bigger leagues though, there's one in a pub back home in Dublin which is €20 in and has about 150 players so a cracking prizefund!

well jaysus you'll have a fair wad

none of them are for big money :p

Spoken like a true Don :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Id bet he'll score V spurs, Arsenal have been sh1t all season but he's still got the most points of any player, no way am I getting rid of him, I have Rooney and Aguero too mind you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You'd e mad to get rid of him. He's is ALWAYS good for a goal, even against the best of teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

In previous seasons I've averaged about 1.5-2 tranfers a week and still won my league pretty easily but this season I cant seem to do a thing right. Make a transfer and they let in goals or do nothing. I hasn't been paying off at all this season. So much so I'm trying to not transfer for fear of fecking it all up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭TheLynx

Currently winning my league, originally by 100 points but the form of sessegnon, mclean, dempsey which my rivals have reduced that to 40 points

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Scored consistently all season, be silly to get rid at this point imo, unless you badly need to catch up in your leagues

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Watch the Sunderland game live (thank Christ for FlashSportsStreams and LiveOnlineFooty) and have the BBC Sport Live Premier League section open on another tab, usually switching over to check it when there's a break in play, etc.

If Sunderland aren't playing on the Saturday then I just pick whatever game I'm most interested in and do the same with the BBC website.

Other times if the game I'm watching live is on Viasat they sometimes have a thing that pops up in the corner saying who scored and assisted the goal so that's handy too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Agree with the opinions above in the main. Arsenal no matter how bad they might continue to be, will still create chances and he'll no doubt in mind still take them more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right so i noticed last while that we now have a section to post about fantasy football great!!

But the big thread in the soccer forum still remains....... So which should i start using....... Which is gonna get the most attention more likely to get advise and conversation from??

We'll see tomorrow. Matchday thread will be set up here tomorrow. Everybody's welcome here. But if some wish to stay on the other thread, that's up to them. Seems a bit silly having it in two places if you ask me, but that's what was decided by the Dons

If the thread in the football forum isn't kept alive permanently then this place will get absolutely no new traffic.

roryc wrote: »
    If the thread in the football forum isn't kept alive permanently then this place will get absolutely no new traffic.

It's just creating factions imo. I don't see why they couldn't have just put a sticky thread at the top of Soccer redirecting people here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ya it seems stupid to me because your gonna have more then one thread constantly running for the same things. Bloody confusing as well.

Would be nice to just have one section where everyone posts about fantasy sports and not have to run around a few different threads.

I guess ill have to wait a while and see where people post for the weekend games.

Probley not the only one :pac:

I mean its grand if theres a match day thread made fine post in there but where do u post if you want to talk about team news and transfers before the deadline.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

what do you guys think about suarez for the rest of the season?

after agueros next 2 i will transfer him and sess out (since i have mclean) and will either take rooney and yaya or suarez and nani/young for the run in. i'm leaning towards suarez and nani/young. that would leave me with VP ba and suarez up front and mclean bale nani/young silva and sigg in midfield

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I really think this could be his time to shine. He's still getting plenty chances and he's extremely talented with serious FPL potential. He may have high ownership but among the serious players he's a potentially game changing differential. Liverpool have excellent fixtures between now and the end of the season with a double gameweek thrown in.

I was seriously considering him, but I don't think I can fit him in as I feel Rooney is fairly essential with United's fixtures. Go for it though if you can fit him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

when is the double week mate? and what do you think about nani or young?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

My own opinion here, but given Suarez's appalling accuracy in front of goal, he'll never get you anything in the way of bonus points

As far as i know, one of the big ways they judge bonii is shots on target for forwards

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I'm in Vancouver, so once I wake up at the weekends most of the games are over

Blessing regards not being able to tinker just before the deadline!

him or Carroll could be a good option. Liverpool look like they're gettin their stuff together. I expect them to have a good remainder of the season and nab 4th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

manual_man wrote: »
    him or Carroll could be a good option. Liverpool look like they're gettin their stuff together. I expect them to have a good remainder of the season and nab 4th

No way Caroll is good option for 9.1 million . 3 goals & 1 assist all season .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'm not sure how our mods want to handle match day threads, but since we get squad selections and manager interviews on a Friday evening, I figured having this thread, and then a matchday thread for after 11:30am sounds good? Mostly because most transfers/subs/captains are sorted tonight.

Equally, just keep it all in here if you prefer. Less messy, perhaps?

Feel free to delete or move if this is out of place. I'll update the OP with info and sources as I find them, or as you guys share them.

I'll try to keep everything FF relevant by filtering out certain player info.
    --
    First things first; No Liverpool or Everton this week. So sort out your teams accordingly.
    All matches 15:00 unless otherwise stated
    --
    SATURDAY

Chelsea -v- Bolton
    Chelsea: Jose Bosingwa has been ruled out with injury. Torres missed mid-week training due to illness, but is expected to be fine for Saturday's game.
    Bolton: Kevin Davis still out with hamstring injury.
    Source: BBC

Newcastle -v- Wolves
    Newcastle:Cabaye and Tiote should both be back in Newcastle's midfield this week.
    Wolves: Fletcher missed training mid-week because of a virus, but new manager Terry Connor (no relation) is "hopeful" he'll play. Karl Henry back after a 3 game ban.

QPR -v- Fulham
    QPR: Heidar Helguson, DJ Campbell and Luke Young all out with injuries. Djibril Cisse is serving match two of his three match ban.
    Fulham: Pogrebnyak is fit, which could mean Dempsey playing a little deeper. Andrew Johnson & Senderos should also be available again after injuries.

West Brom -v- Sunderland
    West Brom: Keith Andrews set to make his full debut, with Scharner out injured.
    Sunderland: Bendtner could make a return after a facial injury. Wes Brown and Titus Bramble are "long-term injuries".

Wigan -v- Aston Villa
    Wigan: Martinez said to have a fully fit squad.
    Villa: Robbie Keane plays his last game, while Agbonlahor is due back after injury.

Man City -v- Blackburn (17:30 Kick-Off)
    Man City: Yaya & Kolo Toure return from international duty. Still no Tevez, despite his "apology".
    Blackburn: Samba still not available - likely to make a move to Russia soon.
    Source BBC

SUNDAY

Arsenal -v- Tottenham (13:30 Kick-Off)
    Arsenal: Koscielny & Gibbs to face fitness tests.
    Spurs: Adebayor, VDV, Modric, and Assou-Ekotto all expected to be fit. Ledley King a doubt.

Norwich -v- Man Utd (13:30 Kick-Off)
    Norwich: Ayala, Tierney, Howson all ruled out.
    Man Utd: Rio Ferdinand fit after being rested against Ajax. Rooney is a "doubt", while Cleverley awaits a scan after picking up a knock. Valencia out.

Stoke -v- Swansea (15:00 Kick-Off)
    Stoke: Walters, Etherington, and Crouch were rested against Valencia, so they should be fresh. Huth suspended.
    Swansea: Allen returns. Pretty much a full squad available for Brendan Rodgers.
    Source: Sky Sports

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

No way Caroll is good option for 9.1 million . 3 goals & 1 assist all season .
    Not to say he won't get better. He looked alot more like the player of last year in recent weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement