Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

I think once he is in your team dont take him out-
    Was only two weeks ago he went goal crazy, and arsenal havent been playing amazing all season but he is still scoring, too big a risk especially with rooney only starting turn a corner

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Brought in Rooney instead. No point aiming for mid table mediocraty. You have to take chances to win in this game. If your not 1st your an also ran so it doesn't matter if you take a calculated risk and right now this is the big one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Why get rid of the best player in the PL:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

shangri la wrote: »
    Brought in Rooney instead. No point aiming for mid table mediocraty. You have to take chances to win in this game. If your not 1st your an also ran so it doesn't matter if you take a calculated risk and right now this is the big one.
    Are you saying you brought Rooney in this gameweek?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Why get rid of the best player in the PL:confused:

Thierry Henry was the best player in the PL a few seasons back but once he decided to leave Arsenal he was but a shadow. I believe that RvP has decided to leave, so it is not beyond doubt that he'll show the same form for the rest of season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are we allowed this?

I'm holding on to RVP. He may be a bit disillusioned, but i still think he'll want to do the biz imo, especially if he wants to attract the interest of Europe's elite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Every time RVP goes a week without scoring, this conversation crops up.

If he was intent on leaving Arsenal (which he probably is), one game against Milan was never gonna make or break that. His frame of mind shouldn't be in question. He's been pretty down-beat over injury problems in the past, but while fit, I don't think he's ever been anything other than a consummate professional for Arsenal.

It hasn't even been 3 weeks since his hat-trick. Sometimes when a player as good as RVP has one or two average games, people decide he's now a Torres... which of course is just silly.

With the exception of the opening 2 games, he hasn't gone more than one game without scoring points. And the majority of his games between now and the end of the season are at home. I see no reason why his scoring record should drop.... especially since the one other threat they had (Henry) is now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Unless you're looking for huge differencials that could either work out massively in your favour or blow up in your face, then getting shot of him is a bad idea.

The guy is FF money, no matter how Arsenal are playing

97th in the world this year on 1550 points

One four point hit all season to get Dempsey in, he justified the points hit by getting 9 points the week I got him in, versus 2 for Nani

• Advertisement

If I didn't have Dempsey I'd be getting him in for the next two games

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    If I didn't have Dempsey I'd be getting him in for the next two games

I don't have Dempsey and at 9.1m, he is out of my range. Would take a chance on nani or young instead.

I always follow the BBC website. Love it when a goalscorer comes up and you are waiting to see who gave the assist or when a penalty is given that you know your captain will be taking. The tension online is great.

97th in the world this year on 1550 points

One four point hit all season to get Dempsey in, he justified the points hit by getting 9 points the week I got him in, versus 2 for Nani

Epic stuff dude. How many points are you off the big cheese??

manual_man wrote: »

76 :(

only 26 points off the top 20 though, VERY doable

Pain in the arse trying to get my priorities right though, don't want to try be too clever with differentials thus allowing the lads behind me to sneak up

I always follow the BBC website. Love it when a goalscorer comes up and you are waiting to see who gave the assist or when a penalty is given that you know your captain will be taking. The tension online is great.

i love the humour on the sportsday live section of the bbc, it always gives me a laugh, but to be honest they're useless with the updates, you'd swear they were using a commodore 64 it takes them that long to come up with teamsheets / goal notifications etc. For the most up to date notifications i usually listen to today fm or radio 5 live, and also use the fotmob app which is great for up to the minute notifications - goalscorer, assist, subs. etc - its the best app out there as far as i know and i've used a few

76 :(

only 26 points off the top 20 though, VERY doable

Pain in the arse trying to get my priorities right though, don't want to try be too clever with differentials thus allowing the lads behind me to sneak up

Whats your team at the moment??? 76 is well catchable. A few good captain selections on the trot and you'd be right in the mix.

Whats your team at the moment??? 76 is well catchable. A few good captain selections on the trot and you'd be right in the mix.

Here's my squad

Krul
    Mignolet

Simpson
    Kompany
    BAE
    Enrique
    Stephen Kelly

Silva
    Bale
    McClean
    Dempsey
    Siggy

Ba
    Aguero
    RVP

Pretty standard boardsey team I'd say, just got lucky with captaincy and getting lads in earlier than others.

Had McClean in very early, just luck really!

Good balanced team. Not one United player though???

Rooney's in for the rest of the season after Spurs game

Ditto Valencia if he's back by then

Have had United players, Rooney and Jones for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

whats the deal with young is he definitly back in action next game? thinking of downgrading persie to suarez and getting young in for sess since i have mclean. i'll then change aguero for rooney after his next 2 games for a suarez rooney and ba front 3 (sounds perfect for me for the rest of the reason).

Rooney's in for the rest of the season after Spurs game

Ditto Valencia if he's back by then

Have had United players, Rooney and Jones for ages

I get ya. Have the same plan for Rooney myself. Not sure about Valencia thinking of nicking Lindergaard on the cheap when he comes back to go along with Evans. Provided he gets his game that is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

If you have access to it (satellite radio for me), BBC Radio 5 has phenomenal coverage. Always has a live game, sometimes 3 in one day, along with pro commentators (the ones you hear on Match of the Day) in every other stadium. They regularly cut away from their feature game to give updates on others, including jumping over if there's a goal, penalty, red card, or important injury.

It's so good, I find myself often not bothering with games that are on the TV, and instead having them muted in the background, with my main focus on the radio.

Not only that great in-game commentary, but pretty much every day after 7pm has football talk with top-class ex-managers, ex-players, and current footballers... along with constant football most Saturdays and Sundays from roughly midday to 9pm.

Having found Radio5Live a few years ago, I can now see just how bad the likes of Sky Sports are.

And if I don't have access to radio for whatever reason, the FotMob app is great on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I watch the game I'm most interested in on the day, which is usually the Everton game. I watch it online and have 2 other tabs open, 1 tab being the FPL site, the other being boards. I refresh those pages every few minutes whilst watching my game.

Or, sometimes, I'm not around to watch any of the games or keep updated so I just log on when all the games are over and find out everything all in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Same with me although not loving the new version of the site and they messed up the last match day for me. Sometimes i "cheat" and look in here as its fairly up to the second on matchdays. One of my fave things to do is watch the footy on a sat from 12 til 7 and spend the 3pms logged into a couple of channels(on lof) with bbc open in background. Im easily pleased in life!

I spent the last few seasons taking points hits and worked out great and had really good years. this year i only take them in emergency and im having a nightmare despite spending 24/7 on various sites and planning my team!

Unless you're looking for huge differencials that could either work out massively in your favour or blow up in your face, then getting shot of him is a bad idea.

The guy is FF money, no matter how Arsenal are playing

Pretty much this. I am far behind in my league so will wait for closer to end of the season before removing him, not captaining him early on in the season has cost me this far im not going to risk it until late in the season.

Don't see the replays having any impact on premier league fixtures.They are midweek fixtures. The quarter-finals will be played on the weekend of 18-19 March. Liverpool, Stoke, Sunderland, Bolton,Everton + maybe Chelsea and Tott Hot.

Fixtures for weekend 17-19 March

Blackburn
    V
    Sunderland
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 Everton
    V
    Arsenal
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 Fulham
    V
    Swansea
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 Newcastle
    V
    Norwich
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 QPR
    V
    Liverpool
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 Tottenham
    V
    Stoke
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 Wigan
    V
    West Brom
    Sat 17 Mar 15:00 Wolves
    V
    Man Utd
    Sun 18 Mar 13:30 Aston Villa
    V
    Bolton
    Sun 18 Mar 16:00 Man City
    V
    Chelsea
    Mon 19 Mar 20:00

So Fulham, Swansea, Newcastle, Norwich, Wigan, WBA, Wolves and Man Utd are only teams set to play as it stands. Other matches may be moved to days in same gameweek.

This is when the league gets intresting and the potential to claw back points or steam ahead is big. Its going to be tough but only playing for that week could do some long term damage to your team. Worth thinking about in your transfers in the next few weeks

GW29 fixtures involving Fa Cup teams officially postponed

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/02/20/gameweek-postponements-confirmed/

No future date(s) set as of yet, but likelyhood is that they will be played midweek of the same gameweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I've taken 48 points worth of hits so far this season.
    Sitting pretty on 1440 overall and leading all my private leagues so pretty happy with it. By doing so, I have 114 odd million to my name and currently own all of the dream team (with decent subs)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement