Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,395 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Keno 92 wrote: »
    There is no point in attempting to guess the BP. There is no consistency or sence for the most part when they determine the BP.

I thought there was a science this year? Based on the EA sports "index" or some such statistics - which are totally scientific - as opposed to other years where there was no science involved, just subjective judging.

That said it going to a science based system has made it tougher for the defensive players to pick up much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm currently drawing 47-47 in my cup match... hope I'm not going to regret swapping Kelly for BAE last minute :(

He captained Ba while I had Aguero as captain, so any Aguero BP's should get me the win as he doesn't even have him. Surely Ba won't get any BP's?

He has R. Taylor, Shawcross, Mata and Cahill vs my Simpson and Kompany...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Guessing the bonus points is futile, there's no consistency so you'll only end up annoying yourself when a guy who came on for 5 minutes and completed 10 passes gets 2 bonus points.

I noticed this last week but still can't figure out why there are only 5 games in GW 29...

2lvd2jl.jpg

All teams have played 26 games (except Liverpool and Everton) so I can only assume the following teams will have a double GW sometime after GW 29?

Spurs
    Everton
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Bolton
    Blackburn
    Sunderland
    QPR
    Stoke

And Liverpool and Everton will then have TWO double GW's coming up...

This could be a good opportunity for those still with a wildcard to make up some ground if they plan it right. I'm aiming to have 3 players from United, Newcastle and Fulham by GW 29 if the fixtures stay as they are, then use my WC and bring in Pool and Arsenal players...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Fa cup quarter final weekend. You can add city and Chelsea to the list as Chelsea likely to beat Birmingham, there is talk of adding the game to Wednesday and still in the same game week so could be risky move making changes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I noticed this last week but still can't figure out why there are only 5 games in GW 29...

From what I have heard (not confirmed yet), these games will still go ahead in GW29 but on a Tuesday/Wednesday night.

I plan on having 2 free transfers going into that GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just checked my points and I got just one for Aguero!

...grrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

no bp for vp. one for aguero. 43 for the week for me. bad!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bonus are updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Predicted

Sagna/Walcott (3)
    Van Persie (2)
    Rosicky (1)

Actual

Walcott (3)
    Sagna (2)
    Song

Not a million miles apart. Missed that Song had assisted two goals so should have had him in instead of Rosicky really. Van P can feel a little unlucky to not have picked up a token single bp.

• Advertisement

Tbh I'm hoping it stays as it is... having a short GW like this and the knowledge that there will be some double GW's coming up is sure to mix it up a bit. Last year after xmas was carnage due to all the games getting postponed, if you plan ahead at times like this you can really profit.

I'll still be aiming to have three players each from United, Fulham and Newcastle. I already have 6 of these so possibly Rooney and Dempsey to come in over the next two weeks...

Rosicky was the motm for me, vp a close second. shows what a pure joke their system is. if they keep it for next season i'll be playing a different version of the (ff) game

manual_man wrote: »
    Rosicky was the motm for me, vp a close second. shows what a pure joke their system is. if they keep it for next season i'll be playing a different version of the (ff) game

Most of your mates will still be playing the premierleague version.
    It's still head and shoulders above any free FF game. The bonus point system wasnt great for the past few seasons either and once players of the game are aware how the bonus' are divied out, you should be able to take it into account when selecting your team.

Not too annoyed, got 2 for Aguero as captain which is enough to get me through to the next round of the cup... down to the last 4,096 :)

Had a quick flick through of the BP's and looks like none of the 'big' players picked any up, so most people won't improve dramatically today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Nothing for RVP sigh:

Chelsea 3 - 0 Bolton
    Bonus: Luiz, Lampard(3), Drogba(2)

Newcastle 2 - 2 Wolves
    Bonus: Gutierrez(2)
    Bonus - Jarvis, Doyle(3)

QPR 0 - 1 Fulham
    Bonus - Hughes(2), Dembele, Pogrebnyak(3)

West Brom 4 - 0 Sunderland
    Bonus: Andrews(2), Morrison, Odemwingie(3)

Wigan 0 - 0 Aston Villa
    Bonus - Collins(2), Cuellar(3), Bent(2)

Man City 3 - 0 Blackburn
    Bonus: Kolarov(3), Balotelli(2), Aguero

Arsenal 5 - 2 Tottenham
    Bonus: Sagna(2), Walcott(3), Song

Norwich 1 - 2 Man Utd
    Bonus - Nani, Giggs(2), Scholes(3)

Stoke City 2 - 0 Swansea
    Bonus: Shotton, Upson(2), Crouch(3)

kippy wrote: »

Most of your mates will still be playing the premierleague version.
    It's still head and shoulders above any free FF game. The bonus point system wasnt great for the past few seasons either and once players of the game are aware how the bonus' are divied out, you should be able to take it into account when selecting your team.

I agree and disagree. The bp's are next to impossible to predict. They've had enough complaints, they'd be pure thick to keep it for next season. It's taking away from the enjoyment of the game. I liked the previous system, it caused some debate, sure, but for the most part they got it right, best players on the pitch were rewarded. This year stinks of laziness. Letting a computer do it for you. C'mon. If they do sort it out next year, i'll play, if not i won't, even though i know like you said most will play it. The bp's this year have ruined an otherwise enjoyable game for me, and if they keep it as is, i cant see myself entering a team into leagues, some of which would be money leagues. No chance. There's other ff games

I agree and disagree. The bp's are next to impossible to predict. They've had enough complaints, they'd be pure thick to keep it for next season. It's taking away from the enjoyment of the game. I liked the previous system, it caused some debate, sure, but for the most part they got it right, best players on the pitch were rewarded. This year stinks of laziness. Letting a computer do it for you. C'mon. If they do sort it out next year, i'll play, if not i won't, even though i know like you said most will play it. The bp's this year have ruined an otherwise enjoyable game for me, and if they keep it as is, i cant see myself entering a team into leagues, some of which would be money leagues. No chance. There's other ff games

Its a minor issue, you will play next year regardless...

They've signed a deal with EA Sports so are unlikely to change it next year.

roryc wrote: »

Its a minor issue, you will play next year regardless...

They've signed a deal with EA Sports so are unlikely to change it next year.

I've played ff for over 15 years. If i say i won't play, i won't play. I'll find the best game out there

I've played ff for over 15 years. If i say i won't play, i won't play. I'll find the best game out there

Let me tell you, its still the "best" free game out there.
    I dont have any issue with the bonus points tbh - it's less subjective than the past few years and I've no problems with that as a whole. Whatever system they use is going to be open to criticism.

kippy wrote: »

Let me tell you, its still the "best" free game out there.
    I dont have any issue with the bonus points tbh - it's less subjective than the past few years and I've no problems with that as a whole. Whatever system they use is going to be open to criticism.

Each to their own. I'll probly play the totalfpl.com version next year, it's basically the same, except they award bp's to the best 3 players based on ratings from 3 different sites. Scoring otherwise is the exact same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I reckon that's the first time in 3 years I got 0 BP's.....ended up with 47.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah just managed to scrape one for captain Aguero. Slim pickings this week for bonus points

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

what are the bonus points cant access the fantasy site in work

what are the bonus points cant access the fantasy site in work

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77309491&postcount=14

1.8m? Madness...

I've held on to Valencia despite his value dropping back to 8m (which is what I bought him for). I'm expecting him to be back after the Spurs game when United have a good run of fixtures.

I moved up slightly after this week from 1612th to 1547th. Bit annoyed that I swapped out Kelly for BAE last minute though, cost me 6 points :(

I want to save my transfer this week but may have to use it on Sorenson if his value looks like it will drop. Schwarzer seems the best option at 4.8m and his fixtures tie in nicely with Krul, although they are both at home and away on the same weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

I've taken 11 points hits this season but am sitting on 109.4 million:

Overall Points
    Overall Rank

Top of all but one of 9 leagues I'm in and doing way better than last year where I finished on 1975 points.

Maybe next year I'll try to reduce that number though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Normality resumed. :pac:
    sG8QD.png

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Screenshot2012-02-27at113810AM.png

:cool:

Thats impressive. You probly dont need any advice, but i finished fourth once upon a time in irish times fantasy football so if you need any help in your quest for no.1 let me know :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been thinking since Cisse has has come in Ba has been less and less in the goods of whats Newcastle have been doing.

There form is a bit shaky of late to.

Is it time to look for another cheap option or how on and see how things work??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement