Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options
  • 15-02-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭

Let's get the ball rolling shall we? :)

94476211g.png

Cahill's looking a bit like a gamble that hasn't worked out. Thoughts on replacements?

Other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Maybe Shawcross? Nice team btw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Can't post or view images in work, but I'm not chuffed with my team at the moment.

_________________Sorensen
    _____Assou-Ekotto__Williams__Simpson
    Sessegnon__Bale__Oxlade-Chamberlain__Silva (c)
    _______Adebayor__Van Persie__Ba

Subs: Ruddy, Moses, Martin R, Jose Enrique

I have 2.7m in the bank and one free transfer. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm too reliant on Arsenal and Spurs in particular, but both have been scoring well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

keane2097 wrote: »

Cahill's looking a bit like a gamble that hasn't worked out. Thoughts on replacements?

Other suggestions?
    Must be a 4-3-3 yeah ?
    Sorensen for Linedgaard anyway seems a good move to me . Walters hasn't been doing the business the last while should get rid of him .
    Also i think you're spending too much on your defence

Can't post or view images in work, but I'm not chuffed with my team at the moment.

_________________Sorensen
    _____Assou-Ekotto__Williams__Simpson
    Sessegnon__Bale__Oxlade-Chamberlain__Silva (c)
    _______Adebayor__Van Persie__Ba

Subs: Ruddy, Moses, Martin R, Jose Enrique

I have 2.7m in the bank and one free transfer. Any suggestions? I feel like I'm too reliant on Arsenal and Spurs in particular, but both have been scoring well.

Martin out. Kompany in.

manual_man wrote: »
    Martin out. Kompany in.

See that sounds like a sensible move, but I so badly want City to concede heavily, every week.

• Advertisement

See that sounds like a sensible move, but I so badly want City to concede heavily, every week.

Likewise I want Johnny Evans to concede 7 this week against Norwich, I just don't see it happening.

Hehe, fair point. Suppose I should bring him in and drop Williams to the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Who should I bench in GW26 ,basically the big decision is one from McClean, Sigoursson and Dempsey. The others pretty much pick themselves

rsz_marks_team_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ant advice for my team guys,1.3 in the bank,

Vorm,Stockdale
    Enrique,Evans,Richards,Simpson,Bosingwa
    Silva,Bale,Valencia,Sessegon,Allen
    Yakubu,Bent,RVP

How Much have I Cocked up?

This was my team 2 gameweeks ago

rsz_team_of_teams_1.jpg

Then I shipped out Valencia for Sigoursson before GW25 and then sold Ba and Sessegnon for Aguero and McClean, I really regret what ive done ,heres my team now

rsz_marks_team_2.jpg

• Advertisement

Vorm,Stockdale
    Yakubu,Bent,RVP

Bent to Ba

Bent to Ba

Agreed.

Or Valencia to Nani.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Mignolet Krul

Smalling Santon Kelly Kompany BAE
    Silva Bale Valencia Dempsey McClean
    Ba Agüero RVP

This is most likely how my team will look today after I bring in Ba and drop Sess. Going to keep Agüero until the easy home run is over and maybe switch to Rooney as long as he doesn't jump up another .3 mil in the meantime. Think Rooney will do well in the final stages of the league. United have more experience in this position.

Agreed.

Or Valencia to Nani.

Really

Really

Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looking to stay in the Boards' top 50...

De Gea/Vorm

BAE/Evans/Bosingwa/Turner/Santon

Bale/Silva/Valencia/Oxlade-Chamberlain/McClean

RVP/Ba/Aguero

I know I'm doubled up on Utd at the back. Would ideally move from De Gea to Hart soon to give City exposure at the back.

Anything else glaringly obvious? (Doing pretty well overall in the top 9,000 without ever owning Sessegnon or Dempsey! Was in the Boards' top 5 earlier in the season but fallen way way back now)

Would it not be wise to see how Nani comes back after injury and see how his form is? I'm considering a swap to Nani down the road but I'll wait till I see his form.

Would it not be wise to see how Nani comes back after injury and see how his form is? I'm considering a swap to Nani down the road but I'll wait till I see his form.

Possibly. I mean it could go either way given Valencia's form. I just have a feeling he will start against Norwich and there will be goals in that game.

For what it's worth, I don't have him myself! I intend to bring him in next gameweek though.

8-10 wrote: »
    Looking to stay in the Boards' top 50...

De Gea/Vorm

BAE/Evans/Bosingwa/Turner/Santon

Bale/Silva/Valencia/Oxlade-Chamberlain/McClean

RVP/Ba/Aguero

I know I'm doubled up on Utd at the back. Would ideally move from De Gea to Hart soon to give City exposure at the back.

Anything else glaringly obvious? (Doing pretty well overall in the top 9,000 without ever owning Sessegnon or Dempsey! Was in the Boards' top 5 earlier in the season but fallen way way back now)

What have you in the bank? City have 2 home games with a great chance for clean sheets. I'd be looking to get a city defender in for this weekend. Having a Chelsea defender is a waste lately. They have been weak at the back this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cunninstunt

Vorm,Stockdale
    Yakubu,Bent,RVP

Personally I wouldn't have Bosingwa, I know he has done ok over the last few weeks but I don't trust Chelsea at the moment. Maybe a Swansea defender, Taylor or Williams

Any opinions on the following

Al-Habsi, Mignolet
    Enrique,Simpson,Taylor(Swansea), BAE, Smalling
    Bale,McClean,Sinclair,Silva,Johnson(Norwich)
    Ba,Rooney,Aguero

With 1.8m in the bank.

Looking at changing Smalling to Evans but will look and see if he plays in the Europa first, has a chance of getting more assists than Evans when playing I think.

• Advertisement

Possibly. I mean it could go either way given Valencia's form. I just have a feeling he will start against Norwich and there will be goals in that game.

For what it's worth, I don't have him myself! I intend to bring him in next gameweek though.

Suppose Nani is the very definition of unpredictable in FF terms. He never seems to just get 5 or 6 points. It's always a big haul. But those games are usually spaced out. I had him for a long time and was a benefit of some of his big games. But trying to predict when he'd have a big game was near impossible. So he could be worth a gamble if you plan keeping him long term. Next week isn't a bad idea. We'll see whether Young is competing with Nani or Valencia.

This is my team for now

capture_07.jpg

Gonna get Aguero in for Yak, but gonna wait til nearer the deadline (might even get him for cheaper, he's been getting a good few transfers out so you never know)

I'm hopeful Stevie Ireland will start doin the biz for me now, hopefully now Robbie Keane is gone he'll be restored in his free role behind Bent again where he can do damage, Villa have some nice fixtures coming up so fingers crossed

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

94476211g.png

Other suggestions?

Like your team overall there keane, very similar to mine defensively but for Cahill. He was actually someone I was sure I was gonna bring in when links with Chelsea in December were gathering pace. But thankfully I didn't pull the trigger on that one.

I'd probably lean towards getting in a Spurs or Newcastle defender on the cheap. I really don't think either team will falter much over the rest of the season. Newcastle some might consider dodgy now but with Tiote back, his influence at protecting their defence cannot be underestimated. *Maybe* consider a Sunderland defender. It'll be interesting to see how they respond after their first defeat under O'Neil and whether the honeymoon period is over.

Besides that.. well I got off the Walters wagon sometime ago for Sess who has done the business for me for the vast majority of games I've had him. I know Walters is still on penalty duties despite his miss recently but he just hasn't be cutting it lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Here's my team

18c100a0.jpg

Thinking of replacing Bae with Lescott can't afford Kompany or Richards .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Like your team overall there keane, very similar to mine defensively but for Cahill. He was actually someone I was sure I was gonna bring in when links with Chelsea in December were gathering pace. But thankfully I didn't pull the trigger on that one.

I'd probably lean towards getting in a Spurs or Newcastle defender on the cheap. I really don't think either team will falter much over the rest of the season. Newcastle some might consider dodgy now but with Tiote back, his influence at protecting their defence cannot be underestimated. *Maybe* consider a Sunderland defender. It'll be interesting to see how they respond after their first defeat under O'Neil and whether the honeymoon period is over.

Besides that.. well I got off the Walters wagon sometime ago for Sess who has done the business for me for the vast majority of games I've had him. I know Walters is still on penalty duties despite his miss recently but he just hasn't be cutting it lately.

I'll probably keep onto Walters for the next two weeks because of fixtures, but yeah looks like his star is falling alright.

I've shipped Cahill out in favour of Danny Simpson, home to Wolves so might be a decent move.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Team Currently:

Vorm, Krul
    P.Jones, BAE, Kelly, Simpson, Enrique
    Bale, Silva, Walters, Sinclair, Moses
    Van Persie (c) Ade , Welbeck

3rd out of 20 in my money league(H2H) basis.
    Playing a fella who has Aguero out next time which I am fearing.
    Whats yer suggestions sonsidering Ive 0.6 in the bank with 3 free transfers accumulated

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Here's my team

18c100a0.jpg

Thinking of replacing Bae with Lescott can't afford Kompany or Richards .

Touch n go that one. I think rotation is the question you have to ask yourself here for the long haul, and whether or not if City will take the Europa League seriously. I got shafted last GW because Richards was on the bench. Sickening tbh :pac:

Also take into factor the upcoming fixtures, especially the next few games:

City - Porto (A), Porto (H), Blackburn (H) and Bolton (H) before playing Chelsea (H)
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/england/manchester-city-football-club/

Spurs - Stevange (A), Arsenal (A), United (H) and Everton (A)
    http://www.soccerway.com/teams/england/tottenham-hotspur-football-club/

Looking at that, you're probably better off chancing Lescott for a little while longer overall. Can BAE's price rise even more? I don't think so. I know he has been sensational points wise especially since the turn of the year but if Spurs were to keep more than one clean sheet in those 3 league games I'd be quite surprised. BAE's fixtures a couple of games after those ^ is where to bring him in by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,647 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

94476211g.png

Other suggestions?
    I can't see any way that you won't be playing 3 of the other 4 defenders you have so I'd suggest Kelly from Fulham at 3.9 which gives you a bit of money to improve elswhere. Personally I'd upgrade the goalkeepers. Lindegaard is out at the minute with no guarantee of getting his place back when he recovers and even if you want to take the chance I would still be upgrading on Ruddy. Somebody like Sorenson or Mignolet who are available for 4.3/4.4.

I don't like Aguero(or any City forward) right now with the news that Tevez is back in the picture for Man City. I'd be tempted if I were you to gamble on a cheaper forward like Yakubu and upgrade the midfield.

Edit: I'd deffo get rid of Lindegaard with Evans in your team also. I don't like the idea of having more than one def/gk from any club.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Cheers EE, good advice there. I've shipped Lindegaard out for Sorenson because he has some soft games coming up. I'll probably ditch Evans when he starts getting rotated and Kelly seems a good replacement considering his price will help me upgrade one of my cheaper midfielders.

Aguerro is on his last chance for me regardless of Tevez.

• Advertisement

How Much have I Cocked up?

This was my team 2 gameweeks ago

rsz_team_of_teams_1.jpg

Then I shipped out Valencia for Sigoursson before GW25 and then sold Ba and Sessegnon for Aguero and McClean, I really regret what ive done ,heres my team now

rsz_marks_team_2.jpg

Opinions Please?

Advertisement