Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Because I have such a good squad and alot of the cheap midfielders are doing well its been a pain some weeks on who to leave on the bench,im sure many of you are the same. This gameweek this is my dilemma

which one to leave on the bench from these 3

Mcclean away to westbrom

Dempsey away to QPR

Sigoursson away to stoke

I just dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I've always wanted a weekly poll on here. I'd value what people think on here. I never really liked Fiso or FFS polls, lets be honest....... most people on them don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Stick a poll onto this thread and then when the gameweek is over, reset the poll for the following gameweek. (If that is possible) That way we won't need a new thread every week but we'll have a new poll every week. All discussion can be kept on the one thread imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Of the 3, I'd say Sig.

With a full healthy squad, I pretty much always have a 3-4-3 formation, with the same MF on the bench each week in my first spot. In this case, mine is Sig too.

With Ba back, then 2 of RVP/Roo/Ag up front, there's pretty much no excuse to have any other formation. Plus Ba's cheap price (for what he is) means there's also no excuse not to have 4 top midefielders, leaving that one 4.5-6m midfielder on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

65 points off the top of my main league. This was 85 before last week. Do people think I could catch up? It's fairly tight, the top for 50-65 ahead of me but 5-9th are between 1 and 30 odd points ahead. I'm in tenth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Leading my 16-man league of science fiction fans. Me and the guy in no. 2 have been the top 2 since GW5 and it's been nip and tuck since. I'm helped by the fact he missed a) the double GW b) his January wildcard and hopefully c) that his 2 Liverpool defenders won't be playing next week.
    I'm also leading my 2 "man" league, but the opposition is more interested in watching Ben 10 these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think only mods can add edit polls into existing threads, but not sure on that one. But definitely +1 to weekly poll.

This week I'm quite torn between Ba and Van Persie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

I'd leave sig on the bench too. He was very unlucky last week, should have got a big score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

my dilemma this week is assou ekotto or walters. inclined to bench walters as he isn't playing up front anymore and assou is on form and well capable of popping up with an assist or even a goal.

froog wrote: »
    my dilemma this week is assou ekotto or walters. inclined to bench walters as he isn't playing up front anymore and assou is on form and well capable of popping up with an assist or even a goal.

You have to play 3 defenders, who are the 3 you have decided to play over ekotto?

carlcon wrote: »
    Of the 3, I'd say Sig.

With a full healthy squad, I pretty much always have a 3-4-3 formation, with the same MF on the bench each week in my first spot. In this case, mine is Sig too.

With Ba back, then 2 of RVP/Roo/Ag up front, there's pretty much no excuse to have any other formation. Plus Ba's cheap price (for what he is) means there's also no excuse not to have 4 top midefielders, leaving that one 4.5-6m midfielder on the bench.

I have the big 3 up front, believe it or not I sold Ba and Valencia for Aguero and Sigoursson. I regret it now but Im chasing a guy in work whos 60 points ahead of me, I was 120 at one stage and I really feel I can catch him. He has Aguero but doesnt have VPersie or Rooney

• Advertisement

I m 2nd in my work league, 61 pts behind this team, it was 120 points at one stage so it would be class to beat him. Im fairly knowledgable myself but would apprciate some tips/hints. I have 1.4m in the bank

FRIENDS TEAM
    rsz_johnnys_team.jpg

MY TEAM
    rsz_marks_team_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

get assou ekotto and demba ba

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jeez too many threads too similar here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

eagle eye wrote: »
    Jeez too many threads too similar here now.
    +1

get assou ekotto and demba ba

I had Ba but sold him for aguero, I already have asson ekotto

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Threads like this shouldn't be started, if you want help with this, post it in the rate my team thread.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

4 from Sessegnon Silva Valencia Bale Dempsey with no Dzeko, or Dzeko and drop one of the midfielders!

There is a reality that he might not play Dzeko, and the last thing I want to see is another final 2 minutes with Valencia on the bench for 5! :eek:

Because I have such a good squad and alot of the cheap midfielders are doing well its been a pain some weeks on who to leave on the bench,im sure many of you are the same. This gameweek this is my dilemma

Mcclean away to westbrom

Dempsey away to QPR

Sigoursson away to stoke

I just dont know

Hi, just seen that iceland are playing japan in a friendly two days before swansea's next game so he may not be available.

Mcclean away to westbrom

Dempsey away to QPR

Sigoursson away to stoke

I just dont know

This might help you decide.
    Japan to play friendly against Iceland

20 December 2011
    Japan will kick off their 2012 campaign with a friendly against Iceland in Osaka on February 24.
    The fixture had been requested by Alberto Zaccheroni as a way to raise the quality of his reserve players.
    At the time, JFA officials had claimed that Zaccheroni requested a West Asian opponent in order to prepare his players for the rigours they will face in the final round of qualifying for the 2014 World Cup.
    Instead they will take on Iceland, who are ranked 104th in FIFA's world rankings.
    A training camp of domestically-based players is expected to open on February 20, with European-based players arriving soon after.
    Japan will face Uzbekistan five days after the friendly in Nagoya.
    The Uzbeks lead Group C with 13 points to Japan's 10 and, like Zaccheroni's men, have already advanced to the next round of qualifying.
    Japan and Iceland last met in a 2004 friendly in Manchester.

Hi, just seen that iceland are playing japan in a friendly two days before swansea's next game so he may not be available.

Thats a B International, Sigoursson wont take part. He'll be staying in England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

You have to play 3 defenders, who are the 3 you have decided to play over ekotto?

simpson (@home wolves)
    richards (@home blackburn)
    cole (@home bolton)

Valencia injured now though so i'll play all 4. taylor is my fifth btw.

froog wrote: »
    simpson (@home wolves)
    richards (@home blackburn)
    cole (@home bolton)

Valencia injured now though so i'll play all 4. taylor is my fifth btw.

What is your complete squad + what sub are you making.

Am in 26th position but 80 points behind 2 leaders. Am just inside the top 17,000 overall. I've no chance of catching them as there are a few within 10 points of each other at top. Am in other league with 14 people and am winning that one. Am just outside the top 100 of Last Word listeners. Am happy enough but i need to do something mad to move up.

Aguero captain. Rooney vice captain. Not going to change my mind on this. Had rooney last week and v.persie the week before so i'm in fine fettle for captain-picking. Ye Ha!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Ok - so on the assumption that Valencia will be out for a month and that I'm not going to hold on to him while he's injured, who would you replace him with?

I've currently £2.4m in the bank and Valencia stands me £8.1m. Therefore I potentially I have a maximum of £10.5m to spend.

My other midfielders are McClean, Bale, Silva and Dyer.

I'm the obvious options are Mata, Nani or Dempsey.

Mata has Bolton (H), West Brom (A) and Stoke (H)
    Nani has Norwich (A), Tottenham (A) and West Brom (H)
    Dempsey has QPR (A), Wolves (H) and Aston Villa (A)

Other options would be Gerrard (don't think so), Oxlade/Ramsey.

I'd like to have some United coverage so I think I'm leaning towards Nani....

I'm also planning on switching Aguero to Rooney in the medium term so I'd ideally like to keep £0.9m or have it easily accessible in 3/4 gameweeks time.

I'm going to post this in the new fantasy football forum as well - if I can find the bloody forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Possibly Nani but i would also change Dyer to Sigguardsoon(spelling)...

Nani should get a good run now but would like to see him on the left wing cuting in as i think he is far more productive doing that.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Ok - so on the assumption that Valencia will be out for a month and that I'm not going to hold on to him while he's injured, who would you replace him with?

I've currently £2.4m in the bank and Valencia stands me £8.1m. Therefore I potentially I have a maximum of £10.5m to spend.

My other midfielders are McClean, Bale, Silva and Dyer.

I'm the obvious options are Mata, Nani or Dempsey.

Mata has Bolton (H), West Brom (A) and Stoke (H)
    Nani has Norwich (A), Tottenham (A) and West Brom (H)
    Dempsey has QPR (A), Wolves (H) and Aston Villa (A)

Other options would be Gerrard (don't think so), Oxlade/Ramsey.

I'd like to have some United coverage so I think I'm leaning towards Nani....

I'm also planning on switching Aguero to Rooney in the medium term so I'd ideally like to keep £0.9m or have it easily accessible in 3/4 gameweeks time.

I'm going to post this in the new fantasy football forum as well - if I can find the bloody forum.

Think you should transfer in Yaya Toure. Think he might get a few goals + city have a good fixture list. Would also allow you get rid of dyer and put someone like pilkington or o'hara in your side. Dyer can be very hit and miss.

Ps: Don't know if you can transfer in Y.Toure, as i don't know your defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

40 points off top in my money league. 50k overall. Was leading it since at Christmas but fluffed the wildcard, and fell behind last week. Lots of cash in the bank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Leading the one that is 'unofficially' run by our club. The one year that there is no money on offer and I'm winning it by a good deal. I've been leading for months now.

I'm in 2nd in another one between a few lads in college. It's a shoot out between me and another lad atm. No one else within 100 points of us. We've been trading places for the last few weeks now.

I'm coming 4th in another league that has 121 people in it.

I'm around 17,000th overall. Delighted with it really because I had given up at this stage last year. The year before was my first and I finished 30,000th. Last year was 525,000. I can see a pattern. Next year I'll do ****e again.

My main tactic this year has been not to take a single points hit. Far too often in previous years I was taking 4 and 8 point hits for needless players. I've saved 40+ points at this stage by just sticking to my allotted transfers.

Also my 3 week period recently where I got the captain right each time was a god send. Without that I'd be down around the 50s. Them three picks changed my season on it's head. Hopefully I can build on it.

Next atop is to break into the top 50 in the Boards league. I'm currently in 71st place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭G1032

30 something place in Boards league
    2nd in my main money league but only about 16 or so points behind.
    Gonna be a good battle for the rest of the season.
    Already made this weeks transfer and now Valencia is injured...........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement