Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

At the moment I've only got 7 players available for GW 34.

Will wait on the Everton/Stoke news before I make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

My transfer strategy will see me catch you all immensely in the final game weeks, to the point where I might be only 200 points behind some of you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Kompany is back but Lescott and Aguero both miss Sunderland game according to Mancini .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

carlcon wrote: »
    GW36 isn't a competition. Sunderland are substantially more likely to bag some goals than Bolton are, then against Spurs would be a shock if Bolton got more than one goal. GW35 is closer, fair enough. Again, Sunderland much more likely to pick Villa apart than Bolton are, but the extra game should even it up.

Your point ignores 3 things. GW34 where Bolton don't play, the fact that Ryo will take up a transfer, while Sig/McClean won't (anyone worth their salt has at least one of them), and the 5 other bigger/better teams that also have DGWs.

Too many variables work against Ryo being the best option. As always, chance may have it that he magically goes on to score his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd goals of the season in these games... but all odds are against him and his club when you consider the alternatives.

I think its pretty close between the two based on fixtures, but still think Miyiachi shades it. Even just bagging the bare minimum over the four games will get him 8 points, and thats presuming Bolton concede in every single game and he does absolutely nothing. To get 8 points in 2 games McClean will need to at least pick up an assist. Not to mention the fact that so few people have Miyiachi that if he does bag points he's a massive differential.

As for the second point, its moot. If you already have Sig and McClean then obviously stick with them. If you already have a set midfield of 4 'big' players and Sig then don't do the transfer. My point applied to people in a situation like me, with 3 big players, + McClean + another cheap MF, in my case Surman. If you're looking to upgrade a player like this, and the choice is between McClean (or another player <7m) and Miyiachi, I'm saying the latter is the better choice. If you can afford the transfer to bring him in it could work out really well, if it doesn't you haven't taken a massive risk and can simply bench him for the rest of the season, as you would have for Surman or whoever.

I'm not making a decision on it for a while but I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing in Ryodinho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I think its pretty close between the two based on fixtures, but still think Miyiachi shades it. Even just bagging the bare minimum over the four games will get him 8 points, and thats presuming Bolton concede in every single game and he does absolutely nothing. To get 8 points in 2 games McClean will need to at least pick up an assist. Not to mention the fact that so few people have Miyiachi that if he does bag points he's a massive differential.

As for the second point, its moot. If you already have Sig and McClean then obviously stick with them. If you already have a set midfield of 4 'big' players and Sig then don't do the transfer. My point applied to people in a situation like me, with 3 big players, + McClean + another cheap MF, in my case Surman. If you're looking to upgrade a player like this, and the choice is between McClean (or another player <7m) and Miyiachi, I'm saying the latter is the better choice. If you can afford the transfer to bring him in it could work out really well, if it doesn't you haven't taken a massive risk and can simply bench him for the rest of the season, as you would have for Surman or whoever.

I'm not making a decision on it for a while but I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing in Ryodinho.

Of all the players in contention, Ryo is up at the top of my list. We have a few more games to look at him, but I have seen enough to think he warrants an inclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thank god I got rid of aguero a few weeks ago, in hindsight it was the right move. Hopefully, I'll be saying the same of Silva

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Get all your advice and opinions out here tonight lads - that maintenance window from 9am to 11am tomorrow for boards might frustrate otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Wonder what will be the story with the united winger, 3 into 2 doesnt go. Is nani definitely fit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Wonder what will be the story with the united winger, 3 into 2 doesnt go. Is nani definitely fit?

He's out for Monday anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thank god I got rid of aguero a few weeks ago, in hindsight it was the right move. Hopefully, I'll be saying the same of Silva

reckon you'll score on saturday? was thinking of captaining you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Local_Chap wrote: »

Fack! I have him, and have been meaning to get rid of him for ages! I think I'll get rid of him now, even though it will mean a 4 point hit, as I already got rid of Silva.

Problem is, I'm not sure who to get. 10.9, plus I have 1.3, so I can afford pretty much anyone. But no one stands out. Tevez?! Is that crazy? Torres? Maybe someone cheaper and re-invest in my midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

froog wrote: »
    reckon you'll score on saturday? was thinking of captaining you.

I'll be teeing them up for Pog!! :pac:

Is anyone who got rid of Silva thinking of getting him back purely for GW 33 - 35?

West Brom (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Wolves (A)

I guess there are two weeks to see how he plays in the meantime. Just feel i need more city coverage for that period than just kompany.

Will keep an eye on Yaya too.

Cant go near their forwards though as its too annoying figuring out whats going on.

Coincidentally Dempseys good run ends there so he ll be the one making way i'd imagine (cant really afford to hold out until gw 35 with him)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Kompany is back but Lescott and Aguero both miss Sunderland game according to Mancini .

**** my transfer of Lescott has been my worst ever I think. 4 games that he'll be on my bench for. Must be some groin injury that he has.

I keep saying this but I'll give him another week and see how he trains. If nothing then I'll have to switch to Kompany.

think I'm gonna capt. Dempsey, if A Johnson is likely to miss out again. Otherwise I don't have an effin clue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

roryc wrote: »
    God, hope he can beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

hmm who to bench, yak or BAE?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,507 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

So, I'm into the 1/4 final of the Fantasy Football Scout cup...http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/03/29/members-paddy-power-cup-ii-the-quarter-finals/ wouldnt even have known about it only for massdebater let me know on our own cup thread. Some nice prizes, would be a nice bonus to win one. Course now that I know about it having been blissfully in the dark until now, will probably go out.

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    So, I'm into the 1/4 final of the Fantasy Football Scout cup...link wouldnt even have known about it only for massdebater let me know on our own cup thread. Some nice prizes, would be a nice bonus to win one. Course now that I know about it having been blissfully in the dark until now, will probably go out.

Well done. Nice to be mentioned on that site I'd say.

How long has that been running since? I never noticed it before.

So, I'm into the 1/4 final of the Fantasy Football Scout cup...link wouldnt even have known about it only for massdebater let me know on our own cup thread. Some nice prizes, would be a nice bonus to win one. Course now that I know about it having been blissfully in the dark until now, will probably go out.

show us your team for this week

have ya got the other fellas too

Well done. Nice to be mentioned on that site I'd say.

How long has that been running since? I never noticed it before.

How long has the site been running? A good few years now. They have a few cup competitons each season, with the qualifying round open to all and the top 1K or so making the first round

manual_man wrote: »

Sorry fixed the link in my original post about it. It then has a link to both our teams

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/03/29/members-paddy-power-cup-ii-the-quarter-finals/

How many players do people expect to have that will double up?

2/3 spurs is a must, at least one pool defender im guessing.

But after that - dont like boltons fixtures, fulham are away twice, chelsea are away to liverpool the week after so wouldnt want more than one of their players, newcastle have 2 away games (one nice, one tough).

Sorry fixed the link in my original post about it. It then has a link to both our teams

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2012/03/29/members-paddy-power-cup-ii-the-quarter-finals/

you've got a fair few of the same players. should be close. though he has mcclean who i dont fancy to do anything this week, and you have Dempsey which he doesn't. i'd fancy your chances

you've got a fair few of the same players. should be close. though he has mcclean who i dont fancy to do anything this week, and you have Dempsey which he doesn't. i'd fancy your chances

He has Bale at home to Swansea, could be a big advantage to him. I plan on dumping Skrtel so that could be one player less.

How long has the site been running? A good few years now. They have a few cup competitons each season, with the qualifying round open to all and the top 1K or so making the first round

Ha no I know all about FFS. I've been in their league for the last few years.

I'm on about the cup. Did it start at the beginning of the season or what?

Ha no I know all about FFS. I've been in their league for the last few years.

I'm on about the cup. Did it start at the beginning of the season or what?

This one started a couple of months back I believe. I entered it then forgot completely about it until massdebater reminded me this morning. £200 worth of first place prize

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

It's nice to have 7/11 of the scout's picks this week. (on ffs) :) Always a good thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement