Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Made my transfers at 6.30am...do not think this week will end well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have 3 Newcastle and 3 Swansea players, do I back the form team, the home side or hedge my bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dempsey wrote: »
    I have 3 Newcastle and 3 Swansea players, do I back the form team, the home side or hedge my bets?

I fancy btts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Dempsey wrote: »

Knowing that everyone is firmly on the Cisse wagon right now, I've put all my faith in Swansea having one of their good home games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think Dempsey to Wallcott is on alot of people minds, but the question is whether to do it this week or next week?

Surprisingly, Paddy Power has Dempsey as better odds to score than Wallcott this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think Dempsey to Wallcott is on alot of people minds, but the question is whether to do it this week or next week?

Surprisingly, Paddy Power has Dempsey as better odds to score than Wallcott this week.

I have been back and forth on this for the past hour.

Planning A.Young to Valencia and Dempsey to Walcott but unsure whether to do them this week or next week. I've decided to save Young to Valencia for next week, but the Dempsey/Walcott one is still up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Another player update. MON says he is hoping to give Craig Gordon a go in goals before the end of the season. Could play havoc with those who have Mignolet.

It's a pity that Sunderland aren't one or two places higher in the league. They can kind of afford to try out new players now for the next few games. Hopefully it doesn't happen with too many teams.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7653699/

Another player update. MON says he is hoping to give Craig Gordon a go in goals before the end of the season. Could play havoc with those who have Mignolet.

It's a pity that Sunderland aren't one or two places higher in the league. They can kind of afford to try out new players now for the next few games. Hopefully it doesn't happen with too many teams.

I had planned on having Bendtner coming in soon so I'd have him against Wolves for GW33... but with all that talk from MON, I had to look elsewhere. It's a shame, because a good Sunderland player could be a great asset that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

what do you guys think about gallas for the spuds double gw? and maybe to last the season. 4.6 could be a bargin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

carlcon wrote: »
    I had planned on having Bendtner coming in soon so I'd have him against Wolves for GW33... but with all that talk from MON, I had to look elsewhere. It's a shame, because a good Sunderland player could be a great asset that week.

I'd avoid him. He has mentioned getting in Connor Wickham and that Ji chap. Bendtner would be my pick to be the one dropped anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I was against having Mignolet all season because I thought this might happen and as soon as I take the plunge it happens. Typical.

I think Gordon is the better player too so if he stays fit I'd say he could keep the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Knowing that everyone is firmly on the Cisse wagon right now, I've put all my faith in Swansea having one of their good home games.

Which is why i have decided to bench him this week,3-5-2,Futureguy kind of helped me along with the decision....
    Hopefully Swans keep Cisse quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FutureGuy wrote: »

Who are your front 3? I'm going 3-5-2 this week with Bale, Valencia, Dempsey, Siggurdsson and Sessegnon (this weeks transfer once made). Next week, it's Wallcott in for Dempsey and Caulker in for Enrique the following week.

Cisse,Rooney and RVP are my 3 but not starting Cisse now,3-5-3 as most will go this week i think.
    Have 9 at home with 2 in the same game so hopefully i can get a reasonable score.
    Worst case is a 0-0 between Swans and Newcastle as i have benched Simpson.

Forgot completely about the deadline being today :eek:

Luckily I usually setup my team early in the week and tweak based on team news etc

I've tripled up on Swansea players, 3 Newcastle players, including Cisse on the bench and Kompany. I dont see either Arsenal or ManC keeping a clean sheet. I've no ManC attackers though, hard to see any value in ManC player at the moment.

Sticking with RVP as captain as he's a big match player and up against a backline thats all over the place and players only recently back from injury so I think he can exploit this be it set piece or a bit of individual magic.

EDIT

I was actually giving serious consideration to playing Vorm, Caulker & Cisse. If Swansea were going to lose their CS today it will be to a Cisse goal imo, unless its a penalty they concede from. As Burley and Curbishley were saying there, Siggy will struggle to find space today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anyone else having trouble logging into FPL?

thunderdog wrote: »

Everyone. It's closed off for it's usual pre-GW fixing. This week began at 4pm today, with Swansea-Newcastle kicking off in 15mins.

thunderdog wrote: »

Deadline has passed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Ah right cool Im usually working on Saturday mornings so I didn't realise that was the norm. Yeah transfers all done.....and wasted! The one week I transfer A Cole in and he's injured :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

It might only be temporary, but i'm sitting 20th in the world

target achieved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Salvaging FPL gameweeks isn't Clint Dempsey's only talent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1eu7opg6UE&feature=related

• Advertisement

Salvaging FPL gameweeks isn't Clint Dempsey's only talent.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1eu7opg6UE&feature=related

the man is beyond legendary

I'd shed a testicle to see him in a Liverpool shirt

That would require Kenny making an outstanding purchase. I think we'd all be shocked if that happened. :)

Plus I reckon any one of the big 5 (except maybe City) would be interested if there was talk of him wanting to leave Fulham, which would be more his place, IMO. His talent deserves a taste of Champions League.

There's certainly a hole in the United set-up that he could fill, anyway. As good as Scholes and Giggs can be, they need to be replaced ASAP.

Then you've got VDV at Spurs who is never certain of fitness, or Lamps at Chelsea who's not the same as he was...

I genuinely think he'd be a great buy for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

Hi all,

Only new to boards, so bear with me. I've been a big fan of fantasy football for a couple of years now and love having the crack with my mates about it - anyway im delighted with my transfers for the current gameweek. I had 2 transfers to make so out went Reina and Danny Graham and in came Migolet and Papis Cisse but raging i left Simpson on the bench :rolleyes: - i currently have Rooney RVP and Cisse up front but Jelavic looks like a decent buy for somebody that is looking for a 6m striker if fixtures are on Evertons side.

Hope im not rambling :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Hi all,

Only new to boards, so bear with me. I've been a big fan of fantasy football for a couple of years now and love having the crack with my mates about it - anyway im delighted with my transfers for the current gameweek. I had 2 transfers to make so out went Reina and Danny Graham and in came Migolet and Papis Cisse but raging i left Simpson on the bench :rolleyes: - i currently have Rooney RVP and Cisse up front but Jelavic looks like a decent buy for somebody that is looking for a 6m striker if fixtures are on Evertons side.

Hope im not rambling :o

Good transfers for the week alright...and welcome to the site ya big yellow teddy bear! (I'm guessing you're a dad to a toddler and have to watch that show too :D). I have Mignolet too but I need to get rid of him quick for Friedel as Martin O'Neil has indicated he's going to give the other keeper they have a few goes before the season ends.

smokingman wrote: »
    Good transfers for the week alright...and welcome to the site ya big yellow teddy bear! (I'm guessing you're a dad to a toddler and have to watch that show too :D). I have Mignolet too but I need to get rid of him quick for Friedel as Martin O'Neil has indicated he's going to give the other keeper they have a few goes before the season ends.

haha i knew i wouldnt be the only one :D .....never heard that about Migolet, need to do something about that one if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

haha i knew i wouldnt be the only one :D .....never heard that about Migolet, need to do something about that one if thats the case

I've used this weeks transfer on Cisse - it wasn't in my plan for the rest of the season but as said previously by one of the other lads here, Cisse could easily get 10 more goals before the end of the season and Newcastle seem to be hungry for that uefa spot.

Friedel, if you can afford him, is probably the best bet for the rest of the season but I'm watching for when Mignolet is likely to be dropped - I'm hoping it's not game week 34 when I'll have just about 11 players due to play!
    Friedel will have a double week two weeks later against crap opposition so that's a must to get transferred imo.

Kids in bed, watching match of the day with a pint...three special steps achieved! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Bale is a "major doubt" for the Norwich game with an ankle injury

balls

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Bale is a "major doubt" for the Norwich game with an ankle injury

balls

That is a balls. And I was going to captain him too

Bonus points up very early this gameweek lads:

SWANSEA V NEWCASTLE
    Ben Arfa Cabaye (2) Cisse (3)
    SUNDERLAND V SPURS
    Turner (2) Bardsley (3) Gallas (2)
    BOLTON V FULHAM
    Duff Dempsey (2) Diarra (3)
    CHELSEA V WIGAN
    Cahill Ivanovic (2) Mata (3)
    LIVERPOOL V ASTON VILLA
    Bannan Herd (2) Swarez (3)
    NORWICH V EVERTON
    Howson (2) Holt Jelavic (3)
    WEST BROM V BLACKBURN
    Foster Ridgewell (2) Fortune (3)
    STOKE V WOLVES
    Shawcross Huth (3) Whitehead Whelan (2)
    MAN UTD V QPR
    Rafael Scholes (2) Rooney (3)
    ARSENAL V MAN CITY
    Szczesny (2) Sagna (2) Song (2) Arteta (3)

• Advertisement

I'm going to play Bale anyway, safe in the knowledge that if he's out, I have the mighty Hoilett at home to the ever-leaky Liverpool, ready to pounce from the bench.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement