Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Walcott is a good buy, I got him a few weeks back before the bandwagon got going and he's been great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

roryc wrote: »
    Walcott is a good buy, I got him a few weeks back before the bandwagon got going and he's been great so far.

Me too. One of my better buys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've never rated him but I might finally get Walcott in. Hope he keeps it up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I chose Mata over Walcott. Thought Mata would be more consistent, but having my doubts now. Walcott may have 'done a Bale'. ie. turned a corner

I'm thinking of getting in Gerrard. I'll then have THREE, yes THREE Liverpool players in my team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Looking back over your season what is the main reason you are doing good or bad?

Im doing fairly poorly due to investing too much in my defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

shangri la wrote: »
    Looking back over your season what is the main reason you are doing good or bad?

Playing the %'s and got going on mad hunches (mostly anyway), very few points hits for transfers - 5 hits in total (20points), and 3 of these were in the first 5 weeks. Not being afraid to admit I got it wrong and get rid of a non performing idiot.

Left a lot of points on the bench on more than one occasion, but I'm sure most can say that.

The main reason is that I've taken no point hits at all. In previous years I chased bandwagons and got burnt on many occasions when they didn't work out.

Also I've gotten 5 captaincy decisions spot on this year. Rooney (v Arsenal), Ba (v Norwich). Then Valencia, Bale and RVP three weeks in a row for a combined score of over 100 points.

Getting lucky in GW 27 with RVP getting my VC and Sigurdsson coming off the bench was the one that got me back on track after two terrible weeks and I haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I moved abroad at the start of the season so missed a few weeks aka Rooney at the start. That left me way behind in all my mini leagues :mad:

Since then, though, it's been great. I'm between 20 and 40 points ahead in all of them now and starting to create a bit of a gap between the guys in second place. I want to push on over the next 4 or 5 GWs so there's no pressure going into the last few weeks but I'm sure there will be a few twists and turns yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I feel like I've just committed treason. Silva gone from my team.

Now I'm taking a 4 day break so I don't have to think about what I've just done. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

For the fat man?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Got rid of Silva last night myself. Didnt think it would ever happen!

Me too. For Stevie G...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

carlcon wrote: »
    I feel like I've just committed treason. Silva gone from my team.

Now I'm taking a 4 day break so I don't have to think about what I've just done. :o

For lampard? will u be making frank your captain?he has been my turn to man in times of need in recent years and now is a time of need! the thing is i fancy City to hammer Sunderland this week and Silva to have a devastating week so might just hang on one more week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Not getting Ba in until a couple of weeks before he left for the ACN is a big reason why I'm fourth in my main league and not top. I kept telling myself he can't keep scoring but of course he did. I did have Adebayor and Sturridge at the time, who both chipped in with a few but ignoring Ba for all that time was utterly stupid. As is hanging onto him at the moment lol.

As for Silva, I'm finding it tough to ditch him. I'd be amazed if he just faded away for the rest of the season but you can only go on what's happening right now and he is not happening at all. I'll wait a day or two and mull it over.

Having said all that I finished up at 63,252 last season which was my first time playing FF and am currently 64,424 so I'd be hopeful that I can make the top 50,000 which was my target at the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Captain choice my main issue. That followed by not having a spurs defender. Also got onto Rooney a week late and a few weeks where Micah Richards sat on the bench while city kept cleanies. Apart from that i've done ok (nothing special)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Is gibbs a guaranteed starter?

Potential for another DGW after Everton won their FA cup q/final.

It's the Stoke match in GW 34 that has to be changed. Although the way things are going this season it'll probably wtill be included in that gameweek.

In my three years playing this is the lowest number of double GWs I think. We've only had 3 matches. It's all winters fault. No snow this year to mess up the fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

is hibbert a guaranteed starter for everton?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Is gibbs a guaranteed starter?

I wouldn't quite say he's nailed on but he is certainly first choice. I wouldn't be too surprised if Santos got a game or two between now and the end of the season especially given Gibbs' injury record.
    darego wrote: »
    is hibbert a guaranteed starter for everton?

He won't start every game. Neville played right-back against Sunderland and I think their will be a bit of rotation between the two, especially with Everton still in the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I wouldn't quite say he's nailed on but he is certainly first choice. I wouldn't be too surprised if Santos got a game or two between now and the end of the season especially given Gibbs' injury record.

He won't start every game. Neville played right-back against Sunderland and I think their will be a bit of rotation between the two, especially with Everton still in the cup.

damnit! wanted an everton defender for the run in, not sure if i can afford much higher. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Going to be pretty much offline for the next two weeks and in the U.S. so won't imagine I'll get to watch much football (or should I call it soccer?).

I've decided to stick with Silva and Bale for now. Silva has one more weekend but Bale will be given a bit longer as he has looked decent in the games he's played.

44 last weekend which I'm happy with considering I had a brutal weekend IMO. Dropped two places in the Boards league to 9th. Considering my aim when I was outside the top 50 at Xmas was top 20, I'm fairly happy with where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Any word on Kompany getting back?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Any word on Kompany getting back?

He had a fitness test for last weekend's game against Stoke so must have been close to getting back then. I'd imagine he'll be back this weekend.

City need him badly. He and Yaya Toure are more important than anyone to City IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

darego wrote: »
    damnit! wanted an everton defender for the run in, not sure if i can afford much higher. cheers!

Could you stretch to Distin at 5.1m? He is nailed on and he tends to pick up a few bonus points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Going to be pretty much offline for the next two weeks and in the U.S. so won't imagine I'll get to watch much football (or should I call it soccer?).

You'd be surprised what you can see over there. ESPN and the Fox Soccer Channel cover a fair few games. There'll be plenty of places to watch a game too should you have the time/want to watch one. It's a wildly growing sport in the States.

And depending on where you are, it can be pretty surreal watching a 3pm kick-off at 8am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I've got Begovic in this week with Mignolet saying bye bye. Have Shawcross and Begovic now. Bring me some cleanies chaps.

You'd be surprised what you can see over there. ESPN and the Fox Soccer Channel cover a fair few games. There'll be plenty of places to watch a game too should you have the time/want to watch one. It's a wildly growing sport in the States.

And depending on where you are, it can be pretty surreal watching a 3pm kick-off at 8am. :)

The missus sees enough of the PL at home without me trying to watch it when we're on holidays :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I live in Vancouver and get more PL games than ever before with LOF

Getting up at 7am for the Saturday games is horrendous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Lemlin wrote: »

The missus sees enough of the PL at home without me trying to watch it when we're on holidays :pac:
    That's where the 8am kickoffs will come in handy, you could have a game watched before she wakes up ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement