Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Serious goalkeeping dilemma this week

Krul (A Swansea)
    or Mignolet (H Tottenham)

It's a flip of a coin there really

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

DazzlerIE wrote: »

Krul (A Swansea)

Always go with the home team if in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Taking a four point hit this week and bringing in Cisse and Ben Arfa was a stroke of genius by me. Now. Not sure who to get rid of. Frankie Lamps isn't firing on all cylinders so he could easily get the chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

should finish on 71, assuming val gets 3 bonii.

transfer will take me a while to work out, it's the beginning of my multi week strategy for GW34 and GW36.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

froog wrote: »
    should finish on 71, assuming val gets 3 bonii.

He has. Rafael 2 and Evans 1 were the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Nestled at 33 in the world, steadied the ship after a two week wobble

Papiss Cisse and Krul seemed to be the differentials that shot me back up from around 110

Still have Roon, Evans and Valencia to play too :)

Ten points is all that separates me from the top 20, VERY doable

29th now. Skills...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

roryc wrote: »
    Nestled at 33 in the world, steadied the ship after a two week wobble

Papiss Cisse and Krul seemed to be the differentials that shot me back up from around 110

Still have Roon, Evans and Valencia to play too :)

Ten points is all that separates me from the top 20, VERY doable

29th now. Skills...

57 points off the top. by no means un-catchable. well played Dazzler!!

Krul (A Swansea)

I'd go with Krul. just coz they're on a high after the 'Pool game. I think S'land are a bit shaky without O Shea and Spurs have the taste for goals again

Despite dropping down to 512th overall I've actually moved back up to 3rd up the boards league, big jump to the top 2 though...

Dempsey or Bale having another good week will kill me though, could drop outside the top 10 pretty easily after a bad week.

manual_man wrote: »

Top 20 is the target, but I'd take just winning my money leagues really. I have a holiday back to Ireland for the Euros in June to pay for..

The lad at the top has a seriously bad team though

Carragher and Newcastle's 3 point man Ferguson, Hilario is his sub keeper too :confused:

No way will he win it

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

Top 20 is the target, but I'd take just winning my money leagues really. I have a holiday back to Ireland for the Euros in June to pay for..

Carragher and Newcastle's 3 point man Ferguson, Hilario is his sub keeper too :confused:

No way will he win it

Well there's your encouragement right there. Have you got a strategy mapped out for the upcoming gameweeks

Pretty much following the same blueprint as everyone else

Caulker in this week for S. Kelly
    Walcott for Demps next week
    Vermaelen for Enrique

Gives me ten players for GW34

Then sit pat for 35 (No interest in Bolton or Villa, may possibly take Bogdan if they're doing OK) and hold two transfers for GW36, letting me maximise my double players

Haven't thought about what players to even look at for 36 yet though, but I'll be prepared to take a 4-point hit to put a full team out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

No way will he win it

Yea I was looking at his team earlier. No idea how he's up there at all. He has some awful players in there. Walters hasn't scored more than 3 points since last year.

Despite all that he hasn't been outside the top 20 since early December, and he has been #1 for the last 6 weeks in a row.

I checked there and I've outscored him by 27 points in those 6 weeks. I should be in first place and not him.

Also his team value is pretty average. I'm amazed he's up there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

He's consistently beaten the average and he using a good few players with low ownership. Its fairly obvious how he's done well but I expect him to suffer during GW34-36 unless he makes some spectacular 4 point hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tempted to start with this team this week,in a bit of a cunumdrum really with this GW line up...

CVZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

dahat wrote: »
    Tempted to start with this team this week,in a bit of a cunumdrum really with this GW line up...

CVZ.jpg

Great looking 14-
    However I would switch Kelly to assou, CS are kellys only real return. And with lennon back see assou getting lot more space going forward. Spurs seem to have a spark back
    Cisse on bench seems criminal, toss up between him and sig, newcastle missing Colocinni at back but think most of sigs points been away from home, versus cisse....slight preference for Cisse but very close

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

CVZ.jpg

I think I'd be benching Bale and playing both Cisse and Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Vorm or Mignolet for this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Vorm or Mignolet for this weekend?

I'd play Vorm as insurance against all those who will play him and may double on Swansea defence. Not much in it really.

BAE in over Kelly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

got bodgan in, so now have max amount of doublers while still fielding a full 11 in GW34. 3 more in then for GW36.

I figure he'll get at least 10 points over his two doubles, and who knows, maybe a cleanie. he also freed me up a badly need 0.4m for my GW36 plans.

I wouldn't be putting too much concentrating on getting more than 6 for the DGW. 7 is really the max if you already have Rooney, Valencia/Young, Evans and RVP, and in my case Walcott too.

You also need to think GW 37 to the finish, not just about the DGW

I wouldn't be putting too much concentrating on getting more than 6 for the DGW. 7 is really the max if you already have Rooney, Valencia/Young, Evans and RVP, and in my case Walcott too.

You also need to think GW 37 to the finish, not just about the DGW
    +1, i think i ll only have 4/5 for the DGW, but that will be made up by having a proper team for GW 34 and GW's 37 & 38.

Interesting the guy im mainly trying to beat (he's 20 points ahead at present), has no defenders for GW 33 - he ll have to make at least 2 transfers in next two weeks just to field some i'd imagine. but on the flip side he has loads on DGWer's so its going to be fascinating to see how that works out.

Edit: in fact, i just checked and he can only field 4 players at present for gw 34 - a goalie, two midfielders and a forward. He has GW 32, 33 and 34 transfers though.

What are people's opinions of Yak v Bendtner over the remaining weeks. Bendtner appeals for the wolves game hugely and could do well in a few others.

But transfers are critical with the DGW, and neither have one so is it simply a waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

MON has said that he plans to use his fringe players in the coming weeks. That could potentially mean a run out for Connor Wickham and Ji. Both of them play up front so I'd imagine Bendtner would be the man to make way.
    "I'm aware that players like Connor and Ji will be disappointed not to have had more time on the pitch"

"And now that we've passed the 40-point mark there's maybe the opportunity to use the squad more.

"But we still want to finish this season very strongly and they'll have to merit their inclusion.

"It would be nice during the course of the next seven matches if some of the younger lads get more of a chance to set them up for the summer, but that's the challenge for them.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7649481/

kennyb3 wrote: »

Edit: in fact, i just checked and he can only field 4 players at present for gw 34 - a goalie, two midfielders and a forward. He has GW 32, 33 and 34 transfers though.

4 players? Even with transfers he's given you a massive chance here mate, 20 points is very catchable by GW36. You could even be ahead after GW34...

Oh, and Yak over Bendtner, he's more clinical imo

4 players? Even with transfers he's given you a massive chance here mate, 20 points is very catchable by GW36. You could even be ahead after GW34...

Oh, and Yak over Bendtner, he's more clinical imo
    Cheers, thats what im thinking - i ve 3 arsenal players, 3 man united, 1 city and others for that week. I ll be hoping for goals and big scores and being ahead after that week.

Lovely stuff, just realised we should have the Newcastle v Swansea teams before the deadline tomorrow

I'll set my alarm clock to get up and take advantage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have decided to bench Siggy this week and play Bale with Sess,Walcott and Valencia,3 up top as normal even though i flirted with playing 2 for a few days...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Have decided to bench Siggy this week and play Bale with Sess,Walcott and Valencia,3 up top as normal even though i flirted with playing 2 for a few days...

I think the statement that Siggurdsson can't play well at home is a rediculous myth propagated by short term stats. I think he will blow some team out of the water at home very soon. Whether it'll be against Newcastle, I'm not sure but I will be starting him over Ba today.

Who are your front 3? I'm going 3-5-2 this week with Bale, Valencia, Dempsey, Siggurdsson and Sessegnon (this weeks transfer once made). Next week, it's Wallcott in for Dempsey and Caulker in for Enrique the following week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement