Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Has anybody noticed the new "Data View" tab on the website? Just noticed there that they now have the form and total points of all your players instead of price bought for and resale value. This might have been mentioned before on here but it's the first I've seen of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

kennyb3 wrote: »
    How many players do people expect to have that will double up?

2/3 spurs is a must, at least one pool defender im guessing.

But after that - dont like boltons fixtures, fulham are away twice, chelsea are away to liverpool the week after so wouldnt want more than one of their players, newcastle have 2 away games (one nice, one tough).

It's a tricky one. By my count if you were to field 11 in GW34 then the max doublers you could field in GW36 without a points hit (or wildcard) would be 7.

i.e.
    GW34 - 11 players playing that week with 4 on the bench who have no game but are doubled for GW36.

GW36 - The 4 bench players from GW34, plus 3 from transferred in using the transfers from GW35, GW36 plus a carried over transfer.

RVP and Rooney don't double either and it would be foolhardy to get rid of either so that somewhat restricts how much advantage you can take of the DGW.

Currently I have 8 players available for GW34:
    Vorm
    Evans
    Young, Siggy, Sess
    Rooney, RVP, Graham

and 7 players who will miss GW34 but have the double in GW36:
    Krul
    Simpson, A.Cole, Skrtel, S.Kelly
    Dempsey, Bale

I'll definitely have to make changes to the defence ahead of GW34, will take a bit of planning to maximise returns from both weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aguero injures himself playing with his 3 yr old then makes it worse by putting spray on it,then Mancini says he can't trust Ballotelli,looks like Dzeko & Tevez are gona get a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FatRat wrote: »
    Has anybody noticed the new "Data View" tab on the website? Just noticed there that they now have the form and total points of all your players instead of price bought for and resale value. This might have been mentioned before on here but it's the first I've seen of it.

Been there years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Guys who would you choose between cisse ba and adebayour, im going to buy one but not sure which

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Guys who would you choose between cisse ba and adebayour, im going to buy one but not sure which

short term it would be Cisse on form, and then change to Ade later on for the double game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

cisse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Of the 3, you're only going to get 2 weeks out of them, because none are playing on GW34. Just to keep that in mind.

Although I totally agree that Ade is the best of the 3 as soon as the DGWs kick in.

Bendtner has Wolves that GW, so one that may be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

737 in the overall ranking. However short it may be, its my highest ranking ever

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Adebayor for the double looks a no-brainer to be fair

• Advertisement

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Adebayor for the double looks a no-brainer to be fair

I wouldn't go that far. In the GW20 double, he got a grand total of 4 points out of 175 minutes. And that was two home games against West Brom and Everton, back when he was previously in good form and Spurs were flying. Also before Saha showed up.

BAE got 24 and Bale got 12 that GW, who are still the main "must haves" from Spurs in the DGW, IMO... although I don't expect another 24 from BAE! :p

I'll squeeze him in if I can, but I wouldn't have him as a priority, especially since free transfers will be at a premium while we try convert our teams between the tiny week in 34 and the big DGW in 36.

Although that week, if my swaps free up enough money, I'm going all-in on Torres for a gamble, so that shows what my opinion's worth. :o

carlcon wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. In the GW20 double, he got a grand total of 4 points out of 175 minutes. And that was two home games against West Brom and Everton, back when he was previously in good form and Spurs were flying. Also before Saha showed up.

BAE got 24 and Bale got 12 that GW, who are still the main "must haves" from Spurs in the DGW, IMO... although I don't expect another 24 from BAE! :p

I'll squeeze him in if I can, but I wouldn't have him as a priority, especially since free transfers will be at a premium while we try convert our teams between the tiny week in 34 and the big DGW in 36.

Although that week, if my swaps free up enough money, I'm going all-in on Torres for a gamble, so that shows what my opinion's worth. :o
    I'd agree but Larsson, Bendnter or Sessengon have shown what a gamble can be. FPL logic made me bench Sessegnon, hindsight is something we'd all pay for!

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd agree but Larsson, Bendnter or Sessengon have shown what a gamble can be. FPL logic made me bench Sessegnon, hindsight is something we'd all pay for!

Oh I agree, I wasn't having a go at anyone who had Ade back then (I had him myself)... just saying Ade performing is far from a dead-cert. Wasn't using hindsight to say how bad he was for that DGW, just using it as an example of why we can't be certain about him in the upcoming one.

Oh I agree, I wasn't having a go at anyone who had Ade back then (I had him myself)... just saying Ade performing is far from a dead-cert. Wasn't using hindsight to say how bad he was for that DGW, just using it as an example of why we can't be certain about him in the upcoming one.

Ade poked me in the eye with his 4 assists and a goal when I finally decided it was time to sell. ( I had him all season and supported him up until that GW before that Newcastle result :()

I fancy David Wheater for the DGW. Yes, that's right, David Wheater. He has 2 DGW's coming up and has proved he can score goals. Last week, when he netted two, it wasn't just out of nowhere and completely unexpected like Ivanovic's two, it actually looks like he has a good eye for goal. He must have had at least 3 shots on target against Wolves yesterday (I think he hit the bar twice). With nice fixtures coming up, 2 DGW's, a great eye for goal and the odd chance of a clean sheet I think he might be worth a punt at 4.4. i know most of you think getting any Bolton players in is mental but I'd disagree, 2 DGW's is something you just cannot overlook it doesn't matter what team has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Reina was sent off for me today. I've 2m in the bank and wondering what keeper should I bring in for the rest of the season with Vorm as backup?

Other players in my team are Richards, Enrique, Cahill, Simpson, Evans, Valencia, Bale, Walters, Murphy, McCourt, Rooney, RVP and Graham.

thanks!

Krul looks a great option at the moment

or looking longer term, Bogdan (two double gameweeks coming up)

Trilla wrote: »
    Reina was sent off for me today. I've 2m in the bank and wondering what keeper should I bring in for the rest of the season with Vorm as backup?

I think you're looking at it wrong. Instead of using Vorm as backup, you should find someone to back up Vorm.

Bogdan has the DGWs coming, so he might be worth it. Will have a lot of cash too.

I think you're looking at it wrong. Instead of using Vorm as backup, you should find someone to back up Vorm.

Bogdan has the DGWs coming, so he might be worth it. Will have a lot of cash too.

Cheers Carlcon... I'm thinking of keeping my transfer for two weeks and bringing in Bogdan with another a CM instead of Walters or a Fwd instead of Graham. Any thoughts on who, thanks again!

Squad: Vorm, <Reina>, Richards, Enrique, Cahill, Simpson, Evans, Valencia, Bale, Walters, Murphy, McCourt, Rooney, RVP and Graham.

Trilla wrote: »
    Cheers Carlcon... I'm thinking of keeping my transfer for two weeks and bringing in Bogdan with another a CM instead of Walters or a Fwd instead of Graham. Any thoughts on who, thanks again!

Squad: Vorm, <Reina>, Richards, Enrique, Cahill, Simpson, Evans, Valencia, Bale, Walters, Murphy, McCourt, Rooney, RVP and Graham.

I'll be looking at Bendtner myself as a third striker. Sunderland have Wolves on GW34 when players who are actually playing will be at a premium. Or if you want a midfielder, Sess is the obvious choice, then McClean.

Whatever transfers you make, just make sure you don't leave yourself in a position where you need to take lots of points hits to make a full team in GW34 and a top team in the GW36 double week.

• Advertisement

I'll be looking at Bendtner myself as a third striker. Sunderland have Wolves on GW34 when players who are actually playing will be at a premium. Or if you want a midfielder, Sess is the obvious choice, then McClean.

Whatever transfers you make, just make sure you don't leave yourself in a position where you need to take lots of points hits to make a full team in GW34 and a top team in the GW36 double week.

I said I had McCourt I meant McClean!!! I need sleep. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

KevIRL wrote: »
    737 in the overall ranking. However short it may be, its my highest ranking ever

I've dropped to 540th after a pretty rubbish week, hopefully can improve next week.

Just a heads up to those who still have Shotton, he hasn't played in weeks but it seems Pennant is injured at the moment, so if Shotton has been lying on your bench for the past few weeks like myself than this week seems to be the right time to put him in your starting line-up. They're at home to Wolves, a very big possibility of a clean sheet and since he'd be playing on the wing he could get in on the scoring too.

Lets hope Pennants injury is bad haha!

Nestled at 33 in the world, steadied the ship after a two week wobble

Papiss Cisse and Krul seemed to be the differentials that shot me back up from around 110

Still have Roon, Evans and Valencia to play too :)

Ten points is all that separates me from the top 20, VERY doable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Nestled at 33 in the world, steadied the ship after a two week wobble

Papiss Cisse and Krul seemed to be the differentials that shot me back up from around 110

Still have Roon, Evans and Valencia to play too :)

Ten points is all that separates me from the top 20, VERY doable

Good luck!

For the last few weeks, every transfer I've made has meant bringing in a cheaper, better alternative. As a result, i now have 6.2 in my pocket. Yet I've been making steady progress (now just outside Boards top 50). Granted, I'll put it to good use with the DGWs, but does anyone else have this "problem"?

Good luck!

For the last few weeks, every transfer I've made has meant bringing in a cheaper, better alternative. As a result, i now have 6.2 in my pocket. Yet I've been making steady progress (now just outside Boards top 50). Granted, I'll put it to good use with the DGWs, but does anyone else have this "problem"?

I did a while back around Christmas, I think. The way I see it, it'll go just as quick as it arrived (if not quicker). With the relative randomness of fitness, form, etc, someone's bound to F-up at a time when a more expensive replacement is hitting form, and you'll start to eat into your savings. That's what happened me, anyway.

Plus, as you said, it probably comes at a good time to have this "problem", considering you're likely to do a lot of swapping over the next month. Just think of it as giving you a little more freedom in the market.

I think two obvious money savers right now are Silva/Young/Nani to Valencia, and Demba Ba to Papiss

Any Liverpool defenders that are being held are prob the least value players in the game right now too (although with Villa at home this week they might earn a week's reprieve)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think two obvious money savers right now are Silva/Young/Nani to Valencia, and Demba Ba to Papiss

Any Liverpool defenders that are being held are prob the least value players in the game right now too (although with Villa at home this week they might earn a week's reprieve)

yeah I was ready to get shot of shot-stopper Enrique, but like you said Villa at home. Then a dgw on the horizon. Agger might be back too, makes a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've gotten rid of Enrique, couldn't give a f**k if he gets a clean sheet it was annoying me even having him in the team.

Agger might be back but Reina is out and Liverpool can't defend to save their lives lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    I've gotten rid of Enrique, couldn't give a f**k if he gets a clean sheet it was annoying me even having him in the team.

Agger might be back but Reina is out and Liverpool can't defend to save their lives lately.

I would too but will cost me 4 points..........bloody 5.8 tied up in him too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement