Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

madmoe wrote: »
    Battery is about a day for me with heavy to moderate use. Not blown away by it anyhow...

Cheers,
    M

Not blown away by the battery usage or the phone itself?

I'm seriously thinking of getting the phone myself but nobody who has it seems to be too excited by it so far.

Is there a big difference in speed with the quad core processor say coming from a single core phone?
    Is the phone snappy and responsive?
    How do the apps and games look on it?
    Whats browsing like with that screen?

Lots of questions I know but I'm undecided.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Anyone noticed when out and about it changes a lot from 3G to H even when not moving? With both appearing the signal bars remain the same, usually 3 or 4. Never changed like this so rapidly on my Galaxy Nexus....

Battery is about a day for me with heavy to moderate use. Not blown away by it anyhow...

Cheers,
    M

My Desire HD always does this too, changes from HSPA to 3G when doing nothing. Nothing tow orry about, from reading up prevously aparantly they're the same speed network.

About the battery I don't think any smart phone these days will last a 2nd day without a charge. you may push the phone into the 24-30 hour bracket but it'll have to be charged during work hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

bandit197 wrote: »

I'm seriously thinking of getting the phone myself but nobody who has it seems to be too excited by it so far.

Is there a big difference in speed with the quad core processor say coming from a single core phone?

I always have data on, be that mobile network or wifi (Wifi drains battery A LOT less than 3G signal for example) and I find I get through most of the day on a charge, with moderate to heavy use. Lot of Whatsapp, draw something, browsing, etc...
    Yes, I'm too excited by the phone, love it and so has everyone I've showed it to!

Is there a big difference in speed with the quad core processor say coming from a single core phone? Coming from the DHD, yes, massive difference.
    Is the phone snappy and responsive? Very much so!
    How do the apps and games look on it? They look amazing, the One X has, simply put, the best screen I've ever seen on a mobile device. You want to impress, stick a HD video on there.
    Whats browsing like with that screen? Fantastic, though Chrome always seems to zoom out to show all by default, the standard browser lets you turn off "Overview" display.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Some evidence of my hilarious battery life tonight, keep in mind this was on the first charge cycle.

LDYj2.png

No worries. Have you tried to connect to any other wifi spots btw? Just wondering if it's the phone or the router....

Actually got it to connect to my own router. Kept the Wifi on the phone on, turned the router on and off and then it worked. Seems to be the only way....

• Advertisement

Some evidence of my hilarious battery life tonight, keep in mind this was on the first charge cycle.

http://i.imgur.com/LDYj2.png

Do you have brightness on automatic or full?

Do you have brightness on automatic or full?

Automatic. Will charge it up again over night and see how it goes tomorrow.

Mine is currently on 38% after 4h 36m, but I've had the screen on almost constantly on automatic for the duration of that as I've been using Whatsapp for most of that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

What software are you guys running on the One X? This is mine atm:

Cjxw9.png

Can't find any updates atm.

Mines the same bar the software number is 1.26.771.2
    It's probably 3's version

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

has anyone tried current widget on the one x? just interested to see what sort of current draw it has at idle out of the box and if you play around with the settings?

EDIT: although it might not work properly. :(
    Esko on April 17, 2012 (Version 0.35)
    Htc One x readings
    Good software, but gives wrong readings with htc One x. Was getting ovet 7amps of current, nyt i think thats not even possible :)

• Advertisement

Huh, a word of advice to people who use Eduroam wifi at college.

Don't.

Can't disable screen lock now because it prompted me to set it when I first used Eduroam, even after forgetting the network it won't let me turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

bandit197 wrote: »

LOVE the phone mate just the battery life I am not blown away with....for my use so far it's barely lasting a day and I'd say I am not a heavy user like.....Also on a custom ROM so expected the battery life to be better.

Cheers,
    M

Lenny wrote: »
    My Desire HD always does this too, changes from HSPA to 3G when doing nothing. Nothing tow orry about, from reading up prevously aparantly they're the same speed network.

About the battery I don't think any smart phone these days will last a 2nd day without a charge. you may push the phone into the 24-30 hour bracket but it'll have to be charged during work hours..

Cheers for that.....just the rapid changing of the 3 to H and vice versa had me thinking battery drain straight away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭farreca

I'm pretty happy with the battery at the minute although I'm not really using it heavily.

farreca wrote: »
    I'm pretty happy with the battery at the minute although I'm not really using it heavily.

Teach me your ways....

Teach me your ways....

unfortunately it has to do with my current working situation, never really away from a computer for more than 4 hours a day when i'm not sleeping

farreca wrote: »

WOW!! You on stock ROM?? Using juice defender or anything like that??

WOW!! You on stock ROM?? Using juice defender or anything like that??

Yep on stock rom, not using juice defender or anything like that.

I leave wi-fi and data on at all times, have screen brightness set to half way and am only syncing my google accounts.

The only other thing I do is to let the battery drain completely before recharging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Meant to post this last night but was dead after work! (Me not the phone :) )
    2012-04-17_19-51-59.png
    2012-04-17_19-52-04.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I appreciate the good things of the One X, but not lasting a day is a large fail to be honest

I know people with the 4s who comfortably last 1.5 to 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The OTA is out btw. Go to software updates and check for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I appreciate the good things of the One X, but not lasting a day is a large fail to be honest

I suggest you forget a smartphone so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

The OTA is out btw. Go to software updates and check for updates.

Just checked and it's not there for me yet :( You got my hopes up PAMG!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

naughtb4 wrote: »

I'm getting a day out of it anyway comfortably enough, though I do keep a second charger in work just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Dr. Loon wrote: »

11 hours is very bad though for any phone, my xperia s has a hd screen and at the moment its on 71% after 1 day and 1 hour use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Got mine yesterday afternoon. Loving it so far. Rooted already :-)

One complaint, there is a serious lag when unlocking the screen. Press the power button and up to 2/3 seconds later the screen comes on.

nedd wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday afternoon. Loving it so far. Rooted already :-)

One complaint, there is a serious lag when unlocking the screen. Press the power button and up to 2/3 seconds later the screen comes on.

Which ROM you on? No lag here on the ROM I'm uisng.....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I'm on stock. Just got it set up the way i wanted as well :-( what Rom are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anyone know if the HTC One X/S have an ANT sensor receiver ?

Can't find it in any of the marketing blurb

I can't find any reference to it outside of this thread. HTC aren't listed as members of the ANT+ Alliance so I doubt it'll appear on any HTC phones any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dr. Loon wrote: »

Why is an iphone or Xperia S not a Smart phone:rolleyes:

Advertisement