Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Anyone know if the HTC One X/S have an ANT sensor receiver ?

Can't find it in any of the marketing blurb

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

SkySter wrote: »
    Switched over to LeedDroid HD last night and this is working now. Also had an issue with Bluetooth not transferring the address book to my minikit slim carkit. That's now sorted as well. There also are a couple of nice extras like a battery counter on the status bar and he's got rid of the "3 dots" context menu giving the full screen res to apps. I'll be sticking with LeeDroid from now on I think.

Cool, LeeDroid sounds good. I'd used it on the DHD before.
    My only worry with removing the 3 dot context menu is how do you access the menu functionality without it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I see on the tech specs it says its not a qwerty text, was comparing the dhd to one x, says the dhd has qwerty, so what layout does or have? Or is this a mis print

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Lenny wrote: »
    I see on the tech specs it says its not a qwerty text, was comparing the dhd to one x, says the dhd has qwerty, so what layout does or have? Or is this a mis print

It is qwerty.
    Total misprint/mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

My only worry with removing the 3 dot context menu is how do you access the menu functionality without it?

The button on the right is now the context menu and a long press on the home button brings up the app switcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

SkySter wrote: »

The button on the right is now the context menu and a long press on the home button brings up the app switcher.

Same setup here with Android HD Revolution and the mod pack I flashed after...Takes a good bit of getting used to after the Galaxy Nexus being the other way around!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My mate who works in an 01 store said they all only got 2 phones each today - no idea how many they are going to get in future. Also, they only got black ones, I want a white one :( Who knows how long I will have to wait now!

Zascar wrote: »
    My mate who works in an 01 store said they all only got 2 phones each today - no idea how many they are going to get in future. Also, they only got black ones, I want a white one :( Who knows how long I will have to wait now!

Grey\black one is nice plus it should wear better overtime but you never know....

Anyone know if the HTC One X/S have an ANT sensor receiver ?

Can't find it in any of the marketing blurb

Tumbleweed.....
    Can one of ye who has it check the documentations or whatever please

Tumbleweed.....
    Can one of ye who has it check the documentations or whatever please

What is an ANT sensor receiver?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

madmoe wrote: »
    Grey\black one is nice plus it should wear better overtime but you never know....
    I've had a desire and a sensation in black, I just want a change :) the GS2 looks nice in White

madmoe wrote: »
    What is an ANT sensor receiver?

Its a standard used by heart rate sensors - for example used by Garmin GPS watches etc etc. Some phones have it some don't. If not you can use bluetooth ones but they are supposed to suck and are more expensive. I want to use a heart rate sensor with My Tracks. Getting an ANT compatible phone seems more economical than giving Garmin like 300 EURO for something that replicates the functionality of my phone.

Anyhow if the One had one might persuade me to buy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

White One X just arrived, fell into the old superstition of charging it fully before using it, so she's resting now...

My god it's a very good looking phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

so she's resting now....

Is she?

so she's resting now...

Bit of a diva eh ? she hasn't done any work yet :P

Thing is, I know once I turn it on I won't get any work done tonight, so I'm trying to put it off as long as possible :P Letting it charge seems like a legit excuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How are people finding the battery so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

naughtb4 wrote: »
    How are people finding the battery so far?
    Just hit 15% after 10 hours.

That's with moderate to heavy use today. A few long calls and a fair bit of email and Internet use. I've taken screenshots but am in work just now, will post them later.

The screen is a hog at 52% and calls at 23% battery use.

Just dropped to 12% writing that post.....

Yea, my battery has gone from 100% to 30% in just over an hour. Jaysis.

Also seems to say that I'm roaming.

Anyone having WiFi issues with the phone? Doesn't seem to want to play nice with the WiFi at home, have to turn the router on and off a few times to get it to connect.

• Advertisement

Anyone having WiFi issues with the phone? Doesn't seem to want to play nice with the WiFi at home, have to turn the router on and off a few times to get it to connect.
    Ooof, that's fairly hefty battery drain. Think mine was the same through the first couple of charge cycles though.

Never had a problem with wifi, sorry dude!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

the roaming issue could be if you're on emobile?
    also the wifi issue, I could never get my DHD to connect up correctly with my linksys 54 somethig model(when I checked it, it always said "obtaining address from wifi name"
    do you have the same make router?

I'm using a PEAK router, fairly cheap thing that my ISP gave us.

Sigh, now for some reason it's forwarding my calls.

With Three btw.

This WiFi problem could get very annoying.

I'm using a PEAK router, fairly cheap thing that my ISP gave us.

Sigh, now for some reason it's forwarding my calls.

With Three btw.
    It's not actually forwarding the calls, it's just showing the annoying blue icon, dial ##002# then hit call and it should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Whoa thats mental battery! the battery uncertainty is turning me off this phone at present

Anyone noticed when out and about it changes a lot from 3G to H even when not moving? With both appearing the signal bars remain the same, usually 3 or 4. Never changed like this so rapidly on my Galaxy Nexus....

Battery is about a day for me with heavy to moderate use. Not blown away by it anyhow...

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Is there a way of getting Google Wallet onto the phone?

It's not actually forwarding the calls, it's just showing the annoying blue icon, dial ##002# then hit call and it should sort it.

Cheers boss! Worked a treat!

Cheers boss! Worked a treat!
    No worries. Have you tried to connect to any other wifi spots btw? Just wondering if it's the phone or the router....

• Advertisement

What software are you guys running on the One X? This is mine atm:

Cjxw9.png

Can't find any updates atm.

Advertisement