Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Dcully wrote: »
    Video reviews,photographs dont come anywhere near doing it justice.
    It not until its in your hand you appreciate how stunning it is.
    Apart from some people maybe finding blink feed annoying [i love it] how can anyone buy a galaxy s4 before this?

Removable battery and the ability to upgrade memory are two good reasons.
    I would agree that the Htc build quality is top notch tho, and battery life is quite good, but then again, it would have to be given the fact that the One is a sealed unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

tallus wrote: »
    Removable battery and the ability to upgrade memory are two good reasons.
    I would agree that the Htc build quality is top notch tho, and battery life is quite good, but then again, it would have to be given the fact that the One is a sealed unit.

Had Desire HD for 3 years and didn't have to replace battery - still ok. 32GB is enough for me anyway. Time will tell if the battery issue is going to be a problem... One look at the phone and I knew I wanted it. Didn't feel the same about Galaxy.

wonski wrote: »
    Had Desire HD for 3 years and didn't have to replace battery - still ok. 32GB is enough for me anyway. Time will tell if the battery issue is going to be a problem... One look at the phone and I knew I wanted it. Didn't feel the same about Galaxy.

Desire HD was a great phone, I had several :-)

I traded my Galaxy Note 2 for a HTC One on Sunday last and I have to say I do miss the large screen. I am also having issues with the One restarting itself, especially when streaming video to my smart tv. I have also had two random restarts in the las 24 hours. It doesn't inspire confidence, considering my note 2 restarted Itself once in nine months.
    I contacted the guy I traded and he recommended phone menders, not really what I wanted to hear considering I only had the phone just over 24 hours.

I know my issue is probably an isolated one but like I said earlier, it doesn't inspire confidence. I have performed a hard reset too just to rule out a software issue, which didn't appear to have fixed the issue.

I do love the fact that the phone has an iR blaster, which works really well with my UPC horizon box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I contacted the guy I traded and he recommended phone menders, not really what I wanted to hear considering I only had the phone just over 24 hours.

sounds like your were jipped!

nedd wrote: »
    sounds like your were jipped!

I won't be dealing with him again.

• Advertisement

Do you know if there is a custom rom installed? If the previous owner put an early version of 4.3 on there that could be causing your reboots.

Do you know if there is a custom rom installed? If the previous owner put an early version of 4.3 on there that could be causing your reboots.

I updated it after I performed a hard reset, and it's running stock, un-rooted.
    Google Play Store downloaded loads of my root apps like SuperSu and root checker etc, and I did see if the device had been rooted but it's running bona fide 4.2.2.
    Ie: None of my apps that need root are working.

I updated it after I performed a hard reset, and it's running stock, un-rooted.
    Google Play Store downloaded loads of my root apps like SuperSu and root checker etc, and I did see if the device had been rooted but it's running bona fide 4.2.2.
    Ie: None of my apps that need root are working.

sounds like a HW issue then. I have my One for a few months with no reboots...

sounds like a HW issue then. I have my One for a few months with no reboots...

That's what has me worried. It's still under warranty, but I don't want to be sending a phone off for repair the day after I got it :/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

cargo wrote: »
    You might be just on the edge of 2 cells (I say this as you mention 3G and H) and your phone keeps switching from a good 3G signal (5 bars) to a bad H signal (no bars) or visa versa.

If I'm in a spot like this and really need to get a stable connection I manually set it to the 3G signal until I get whatever I want done.
    rr

Hey, thanks for detailed response.
    I did as you suggested above and now holding steady on "E" data transfer. Must have been switching as advised. Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dont suppose theres any means of listening to the Zoe songs, that Lilyton one is only beautiful,love to get the full song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Any suggestions for a cover?
    Havent a chance to read all this thread yet :P
    An otter box cover came with it but its very bulky and its purple.
    Also does this thing need screen protectors?

I use the otter box defender case, a bit bulky but does the job. Let the phone drop twice and no damage done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Has anyone had this problem, coming from a HTC One S and while listening to music/radio through the earphones I'd get a notification sound that I received a text or cover but since I got the HTC One all I get is the radio/music still playing and a vibrate but no notification sound through the earphones?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

I see 4.3 is being rolled out for the One -starting in Taiwan, any idea how soon Irish users can expect it?

Or even how long a rollout takes for updates such as this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

It was quick enough the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,351 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've rooted my HTC One, but haven't added any custom ROMs or anything - will I get the update OTA still?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dulpit wrote: »
    I've rooted my HTC One, but haven't added any custom ROMs or anything - will I get the update OTA still?

Should do. Make sure to back up the original before installing a custom rom.
    Trying to get it back to stock is probing a bitch to do.

dulpit wrote: »

If HTC are anything like Samsung, you won't get the updates. My note 2 never updated when rooted, though you can get updates from the likes of XDA developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

FatRat wrote: »
    Regarding Warranty....
    !

My One X is on the way back from their repair centre, I bought it second hand as well.

I didn't need I produce a receipt so you should be grand as well..

If HTC are anything like Samsung, you won't get the updates. My note 2 never updated when rooted, though you can get updates from the likes of XDA developers.

Ya, that's what I figured (also came from a Note 2).

We'll see...

• Advertisement

Hi guys, i seem to recall mention of free 25GB of some sort of cloud storage with the HTC One?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Hi guys, i seem to recall mention of free 25GB of some sort of cloud storage with the HTC One?

Dropbox. When you set up your phone did it not ask you?

And a link :)

https://www.dropbox.com/help/249/en

I think i only have 2GB, I bought it on adverts, onyl a few weeks old, maybe the previous owner nabbed the 25GB dropbox for this phone, if thats possible?

edit :

seems so

For HTC smartphones with HTC Sense 4.0, 4+, and 5.0, the promotion is available to the first user who (a) registers for Dropbox through the on-boarding experience on an HTC Sense 4.0, 4+, or 5.0 smartphone pre-loaded with the Dropbox application

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭pah

I think i only have 2GB, I bought it on adverts, onyl a few weeks old, maybe the previous owner nabbed the 25GB dropbox for this phone, if thats possible?

edit :

seems so

For HTC smartphones with HTC Sense 4.0, 4+, and 5.0, the promotion is available to the first user who (a) registers for Dropbox through the on-boarding experience on an HTC Sense 4.0, 4+, or 5.0 smartphone pre-loaded with the Dropbox application

managed to nab myself 125gb by registering with my note 1 note 2 note 10.1 s4 and now htc one :)

not sure how long I get the full allowance for though

pah wrote: »
    managed to nab myself 125gb by registering with my note 1 note 2 note 10.1 s4 and now htc one :)

I registered on my HTC One X and got 25gb, when I set up my One I didn't get another 25gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I registered on my HTC One X and got 25gb, when I set up my One I didn't get another 25gb.

Same here and was looking up there to say if I could do it, don't see any way!

I'm at 110GB, got a bunch between HTC Sensation (I think), Note 2 and now the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

2 years is the normal

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

hi guys, i posted a few days back that my htc one was stuck on android 4.1.2. I bought the phone 2nd hand I'm just wondering if the person before me flashed it and thats why I can't find any updates ? When I look in "software information" then "more" it says the Kernel version is

3.4.10-g91c239d
    root@abm015 no.1
    smp preempt

If anyone who is familiar with rooting could help itd be great !!

• Advertisement

If you download root checker it will tell you if you're rooted. Not sure about kernel stuff tho.

Edit :it's available free in the google play store.
    /edit

Advertisement