Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Basil3 wrote: »
    I have been looking around for a contract, and was considering going to 3, but have been using one of their sims for the last month or so and have to say the signal is poor after using Vodafone for the last couple of years.

Every network seems to have strong and weak points, still undecided.

Meteor online now it is 32/month and 49 for the phone. Very good value if You asked me, considering I signed up for 49 a month and paid 49 for the phone a month ago:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I have been looking around for a contract, and was considering going to 3, but have been using one of their sims for the last month or so and have to say the signal is poor after using Vodafone for the last couple of years.

Every network seems to have strong and weak points, still undecided.

Make sure the network you signed up for has a good coverage where you live and work;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats a nice looking case alright.
    I got one of these yesterday but im tempted to get one like yours, do any stores sell them here? amazon shiping brings up the cost a lot.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CLEAR-X-LINE-TPU-GEL-CASE-COVER-FOR-THE-HTC-ONE-M7-/230988863756?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Have a look on eBay. Plenty of places selling that case with free p+p or at most 2 or 3 euro. I get almost all my cases from eBay, definitely the way to go IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone knows a quick and easy way to redeem a $25 Google play voucher code in Ireland (Irish google account, etc)?

I've tried VPNing to the US Google Play site using Tunnelbear but my Google Play prices are still coming up as Euro. Used to be able to trick the site that way beforehand, thats how I got my Google music account setup. Am I missing something in doing this?

Got this code from the offer they were doing with the registration of my HTC One, but it would be a scorn not to be able to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

upgraded to the HTC one from the I phone 4 which I had two years , don't like the HTC one at all , not near as easy to use , too big aswell

What do you find difficult to do on it? Maybe people here could help you along until you find your feet on andriod.

Not much you can do about the size. Did you hold the One in your hand before you bought it? There's no way I would fork out a fortune on a new phone without knowing the size and whether I was comfortable with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I know so many people who moved from iPhone to Android and after a few weeks they love it. The iphone will look dinky in size in a few weeks in comparison...

My girlfriend just went the other way, from android to iphone. I was gonna get her the One, but she wanted the iphone.....

I helped her set up, seemed a much more complicated process than android as she didn't have a previous apple ID. On top of that she has a load of multiple contacts from when the woman in the shop transferred them across, and I can't for the life of me see a simple way to arrange/group/merge/delete contacts.

Guess it's often easier to stick with what you're used to :D

silver_fox wrote: »
    the HTC one is too big to hold comfortably compared to the I phone and ive a very big hand

its also slower to use , you have to hit the button on the top to bring up the menu where as a scroll along the bottom kick starts the iphone , iphone is far more user friendly in my opinion for internet , diary , notes etc , address book

You should try a Note 2 :D

This thread doesn't wanna go OT into and Android vs iPhone discussion. The one is only slower for you to use based on how you've come accustomed to using your phone. Regarding some of the things you brought up: diary, notes etc....I have one word for you: widgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

HTC are releasing 4.3 on the One this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Hi, anyone else plagued with the "No Sim Card" error?
    Couple of times a day get this error. Rebooting phone seems to resolve it but I only find out about error when I look at phone so don't know how long it happens for each time.
    Sim card is inserted correctly. Signal strength is fine on other friends phone when my error occurs.
    I ordered s replacement sim but I suspect it is s hardware issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Hi, anyone else plagued with the "No Sim Card" error?
    Couple of times a day get this error. Rebooting phone seems to resolve it but I only find out about error when I look at phone so don't know how long it happens for each time.
    Sim card is inserted correctly. Signal strength is fine on other friends phone when my error occurs.
    I ordered s replacement sim but I suspect it is s hardware issue.

I've had similar issues in the past with other phones. I changed sim cards, but in the end after much hassle it turned out to be an obscure setting on my account that was changed by the network...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bafled

I had that problem and fixed it by sticking a few pieces of Sellotape on the back of the sim card so it fits tighter , if you google it you'll see lots of people have had the same problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Is there anyway to see a dismissed notification? I dismissed some notifications and there was one for a particular app, but when I go into the app I can't find any record of it. I need to find the original notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Haven't looked back through the thread, but maybe a week or two ago i updated my HTC One X, a HTC Sense update,

Apart from preferring the old layout I have been experiencing connectivity issues like never before, it is terrible on my wifi compared to before, and i have even noticed problems when i am using mobile data.

Is this a different issue that just coincided with the update, or has anyone else noticed anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

hi,

has anyone experienced an issue with a few second delay when answering phone calls before the caller can actually hear you?

seems like every time i answer a call i have wait 5 seconds before speaking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone find when listening to music like me I find,
    1. Music On, Beats software on, sounds normal
    2. Music On, Beats Off, sound becomes immediately louder when switched beats off.

It's only a tiny issue not much really as the speakers sound fine prob just a software thing the boom sound is great have my One since Friday and its a beast of a smartphone! Really that aluminium makes it feel like a premium product!
    Is there anything to look forward to in the Android 4.3 update?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

:/

I have a random problem.

Occasionally, on lockscreen, I'll get the music player controls, pause, fast forward etc, but there's no music playing, nor app open.

Doesn't hinder usage or anything, it's just a touch annoying.

On a side note, someone handed me a iPhone 4 the other day, and I felt like I had to use my pinky on it, it felt so small!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

:/
    Occasionally, on lockscreen, I'll get the music player controls, pause, fast forward etc, but there's no music playing, nor app open.

Do you have the music lock screen enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Does anyone know where i would get a replacement lens for the camera? I have a crack right down the middle of mine. dont know how it happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

Have an issue with the charger, I'm getting a warning saying to use original charger even though I am. So it's charging painfully slow..any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

mickob16 wrote: »
    Have an issue with the charger, I'm getting a warning saying to use original charger even though I am. So it's charging painfully slow..any ideas?

Snap and its even stopped charging altogether at times. Add to that the "in car" app keeps opening for no reason !!! Head wrecking !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have an issue with my in-car charging - when I plug my phone into radio the phone lights up and makes noise to say it had been plugged in, but then make that noise again. And again. And again. It does really slowly charge, but never maintains the connection to the radio.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

Hope to get the one on upgrade tomorrow moving from a one s,cant see any decent rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

ofcork wrote: »
    Hope to get the one on upgrade tomorrow moving from a one s,cant see any decent rival.

I moved from a one s, it's bigger, faster, and just fits perfectly in your hand. Some small thing's that you'd miss from the one s...for an hour or so :-D. Personally I got an otterbox defender case for it as I've heard too much about how easy they scratch so not taking a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Payton wrote: »
    Personally I got an otterbox defender case for it as I've heard too much about how easy they scratch so not taking a chance.

I don't know what people be at with their phones to be honest. I have mine three or four months now and only a couple of blemishes on the Aluminium on two of the corners where you'd have to squint to see them. No scratches on the screen.

I've been out on a load of boozy sessions with it also. I like the look of it and don't want to ruin that with a cover/case.

Granted some people's jobs etc. may require a case.

dulpit wrote: »
    I have an issue with my in-car charging - when I plug my phone into radio the phone lights up and makes noise to say it had been plugged in, but then make that noise again. And again. And again. It does really slowly charge, but never maintains the connection to the radio.

Any ideas?

Just sounds like a dodgy connection, either your cable or USB port. I've had car chargers that do the same thing in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just sounds like a dodgy connection, either your cable or USB port. I've had car chargers that do the same thing in the past.

I often get that problem if not using the original charger which fits so much better and tighter than any other charger. Happens to me the odd time then if using a samsung charger or car charger.

BTW, completely broke the screen and frame on my HTC One, have it sent away to mobilecover.ie to get repaired. Anyone deal with them before? I've heard of some nightmare stories lately with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone any idea when we're getting the 4.3 update? Usually Europe gets the updates before the US but it seems that almost every carrier has received the 4.3 update there and yet I haven't heard a mention of it in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

petes wrote: »
    I don't know what people be at with their phones to be honest. I have mine three or four months now and only a couple of blemishes on the Aluminium on two of the corners where you'd have to squint to see them. No scratches on the screen.

I've been out on a load of boozy sessions with it also. I like the look of it and don't want to ruin that with a cover/case.

Granted some people's jobs etc. may require a case.

I work in aircraft engine overall..dirty, oily and when blasting parts with a fine grit it can destroy a good phone in no time even with the phone in my pocket, plus I take mine jogging for music and running apps so if it did fall it would have some protection as I don't like the armbands for the phone.

• Advertisement

Anyone any idea when we're getting the 4.3 update? Usually Europe gets the updates before the US but it seems that almost every carrier has received the 4.3 update there and yet I haven't heard a mention of it in Europe?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The current 4.3 update brings nothing much new. Now that it is official that a Sense 5.5 update is coming, we can look forward to that.

Advertisement