Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

it says its not have proper root access. Im just at a loss as to why i cant update from android 4.1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    it says its not have proper root access. Im just at a loss as to why i cant update from android 4.1.2

Not sure if this will be any help but my kernel version is pretty similar.

3.4.10-g28df0d6

Root @abm009 #1

Running Android 4.2.2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭pah

Blazer wrote: »
    2 years is the normal

thanks, but from when I wonder? as in I have been adding to it like a lotto rollover for the last 2 years. will each 25gb expire separately after 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks for that. just when I saw root I thought he had rooted it before selling it. When I boot up the One there is no network logo so it must be a sim free phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

pah wrote: »
    thanks, but from when I wonder? as in I have been adding to it like a lotto rollover for the last 2 years. will each 25gb expire separately after 2 years

yep...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Thanks for that. just when I saw root I thought he had rooted it before selling it. When I boot up the One there is no network logo so it must be a sim free phone.

I know Meteor HTC one's were unlocked. Not sure about other carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the notification for delivery reports?

I still want delivery reports, like on most other phones the little tick beside the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

Does anybody know where you can get the stock headphones that came in the box with the HTC One.
    I have lost mine and the HTC website doesn't seem to have the bog standard ones.
    I thought the sound quality on them was pretty good but more importantly they fit in my ears and didn't fall out every 20 seconds.
    Any help or ideas much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where you can get the stock headphones that came in the box with the HTC One.
    I have lost mine and the HTC website doesn't seem to have the bog standard ones.
    I thought the sound quality on them was pretty good but more importantly they fit in my ears and didn't fall out every 20 seconds.
    Any help or ideas much appreciated

These are the version of the ones in box, but with controls on the mic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009E7R5K8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

dulpit wrote: »
    These are the version of the ones in box, but with controls on the mic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009E7R5K8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for that.
    I saw them but i was worried that the size of the buds would be different.
    As i said i don't really need anything fancy just something that wont fall out of my weird shaped ears.
    :D

• Advertisement

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    I saw them but i was worried that the size of the buds would be different.
    As i said i don't really need anything fancy just something that wont fall out of my weird shaped ears.
    :D

Bought them, they're the exact same except the earbuds are black instead of red, and they have the controls on mic...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

My HTC one has slowed to a crawl over the last 2 days. Dunno if it's battery guru doing something or an issue with roaming/flight mode (I'm on holidays).

Buttons take a few seconds to register, eg camera settings and even this keyboard (SwiftKey) now as I type. Ridiculous lag. It'll be fine then it acts like its overwhelmed and the cursor stops and none of my key presses appear on screen. A few seconds later, it sorts itself out and all my typing appears. This happens like 3 seconds on, 3 seconds off. So annoying.

I have taken a lot of photos lately too. And I've noticed the battery is draining a lot faster.

Anyone ever had similar?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys in the last few weeks my HTC one has started getting very hot for no reason, and sometimes the battery drains incredibly quickly.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do, how would I go about sending it back etc? Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Zascar wrote: »
    Guys in the last few weeks my HTC one has started getting very hot for no reason, and sometimes the battery drains incredibly quickly.

Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do, how would I go about sending it back etc? Any ideas?

Not sure it's a fault, it seems to happen quite a lot, if I'm on YouTube or trying to stream HD quality video, it gets too hot to hold

The_B_Man wrote: »
    My HTC one has slowed to a crawl over the last 2 days. Dunno if it's battery guru doing something or an issue with roaming/flight mode (I'm on holidays).

Buttons take a few seconds to register, eg camera settings and even this keyboard (SwiftKey) now as I type. Ridiculous lag. It'll be fine then it acts like its overwhelmed and the cursor stops and none of my key presses appear on screen. A few seconds later, it sorts itself out and all my typing appears. This happens like 3 seconds on, 3 seconds off. So annoying.

I have taken a lot of photos lately too. And I've noticed the battery is draining a lot faster.

Anyone ever had similar?

Have you changed anything on your phone recently? Any new apps? Do you have a custom ROM?

Its probably not heating up for no reason..... finding the cause of it is often the tough part

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks, yeah its a tough one. I don't use my phone for much other than the normal stuff, facebook, whatsapp, web surfing etc. Generally its fine the only thin I have noticed is that when sending a text message - I type 'john' or whatever and it takes a few seconds for the names list to come up. Used to be instant. Same on facebook. Other than that its mostly fine, but a few times it has got very hot and chewed through the battery. I've uninstalled all but the essential apps - seems ok since but not sure if it will happen again.

It's funny. I have 3x HTC's before this one, and I swore I'd never have another as they are usually fine for the first few months but then they get slow, laggy and the battery is awful. I have to say I do love this phone and apart from these occasional issues I think its the best phone going. I just hope they do not get any worse.

Would a wipe and resinstall help?

Thanks, yeah its a tough one. I don't use my phone for much other than the normal stuff, facebook, whatsapp, web surfing etc. Generally its fine the only thin I have noticed is that when sending a text message - I type 'john' or whatever and it takes a few seconds for the names list to come up. Used to be instant. Same on facebook. Other than that its mostly fine, but a few times it has got very hot and chewed through the battery. I've uninstalled all but the essential apps - seems ok since but not sure if it will happen again.

It's funny. I have 3x HTC's before this one, and I swore I'd never have another as they are usually fine for the first few months but then they get slow, laggy and the battery is awful. I have to say I do love this phone and apart from these occasional issues I think its the best phone going. I just hope they do not get any worse.

Would a wipe and resinstall help?

Full wipe would often sort out any issues. I've had mine since the day the device came out and is still silky smooth. Am always on a custom ROM though.

I'm also out of contract so can get a new phone. 6 months after release, this is still definitely the best thing out there. Went past Vodafone just before and there's just nothing available that I would take over the One.

True, I agree its the best phone around. Is there anything on the horizon that might take its crown?

True, I agree its the best phone around. Is there anything on the horizon that might take its crown?

I dunno, I'm thinking maybe the Nexus 5.

I'm tied up with Team Venom / Viper ROMs so will probably have an HTC for the forseeable future!

• Advertisement

I have up rooting my phone and putting roms on it after the HTC Sensation. It always seems to do more harm than good. and was very problematic. However that was a few years ago. Are they better and is it an easier process now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm looking forward to the Nexus 5 but having seen the leaks, the design is putting me off. I only recently picked up the HTC One and the specs of the Nexus are unlikely to be enough to make me consider switching plus the design of the One is simply beautiful.

I have up rooting my phone and putting roms on it after the HTC Sensation. It always seems to do more harm than good. and was very problematic. However that was a few years ago. Are they better and is it an easier process now?

Well custom roms have moved on a lot in the last year or so. The initial unlocking bootloader process isn't too bad, and well worth it imho.

Some of the current features I use on a daily basis and would struggle to live without are:
    - Horizontal quick settings (so much better than HTC's version)
    - 3 finger swipe to turn on/off auto rotate.
    - Long press power when screen is off to turn on flashlight.
    - Customisable short/long/doublepress buttons.

Of course there's loads more, but I was on a 4.3 Rom for a couple of days recently and these are the main things I missed.

Got the official HTC cover the other day (link) and I must say it's an excellent case. Covers the phone perfectly, protects it well, looks good and doesn't impact on the usage of the phone.

A buddy of mine got the official flip case (link) and it's far from good. It looks good, but does not hold up over time, after a short period of time the thing is wrecked.

Just my opinion...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dulpit wrote: »
    Got the official HTC cover the other day (link) and I must say it's an excellent case. Covers the phone perfectly, protects it well, looks good and doesn't impact on the usage of the phone.

A buddy of mine got the official flip case (link) and it's far from good. It looks good, but does not hold up over time, after a short period of time the thing is wrecked.

Just my opinion...

Thats a nice looking case alright.
    I got one of these yesterday but im tempted to get one like yours, do any stores sell them here? amazon shiping brings up the cost a lot.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CLEAR-X-LINE-TPU-GEL-CASE-COVER-FOR-THE-HTC-ONE-M7-/230988863756?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats a nice looking case alright.
    I got one of these yesterday but im tempted to get one like yours, do any stores sell them here? amazon shiping brings up the cost a lot.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/CLEAR-X-LINE-TPU-GEL-CASE-COVER-FOR-THE-HTC-ONE-M7-/230988863756?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

I've not seen it on sale in any of the shops, you might get lucky I suppose. I had a bunch of things to order from Amazon so the shipping was free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

What network are ye all on?

It seems I can get it for free with 3, 24 month contract with 350 flexi units.

http://www.three.ie/online/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?dl=1&pid=50727&tfid=T010127XX24&tariffType=Contract&step=2&Submit=Order+now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

djPSB wrote: »

http://www.three.ie/online/shop/ProductDetail.aspx?dl=1&pid=50727&tfid=T010127XX24&tariffType=Contract&step=2&Submit=Order+now

I wouldn't go with Three, get a lot if complaints lately.

Got mine from Meteor 24 months for 49 euro

djPSB wrote: »

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go with Three, get a lot if complaints lately.

Got mine from Meteor 24 months for 49 euro

I have been looking around for a contract, and was considering going to 3, but have been using one of their sims for the last month or so and have to say the signal is poor after using Vodafone for the last couple of years.

Every network seems to have strong and weak points, still undecided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Basil3 wrote: »
    I have been looking around for a contract, and was considering going to 3, but have been using one of their sims for the last month or so and have to say the signal is poor after using Vodafone for the last couple of years.

Every network seems to have strong and weak points, still undecided.

Just be happy before signing to a 2 year contract

Advertisement