Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Paparazzo wrote: »
    What's the screen like on the S? Compared to someone coming from a normal Desire?
    The X is just too big for me.
    I got the s as an upgrade to the desired for the same reason. The screen is sharper as the dpi is higher. The overall experience is excellent with superb performance.
    The size is easy to get used to as it is really thin.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Jhcx wrote: »
    Would love the One X . Picked it up today in the meteor store just so beautiful. just have to sell my Sensation first. :(

Money4urmobile were quick.to pay me if thats any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Anky2930

Look like a great phone and here's another news coming from htc's corner that Sprint announces HTC Evo 4G LTE smartphone, This phone is reckoned as one of the stable device and will be compatible with high speed carrier networks like Sprint. HTC Evo 4G LTE is a superfast smartphone and is expected to set new standards in multimedia experience, which was said by one of the top officials from Sprint during the launch of this HTC device in New York. Sprint announced that around six cities in United States will be receiving HTC Evo 4G LTE by June 2012, and these cities would be Baltimore, Dallas, Atlanta, Houston, Kansas City, and San Antonio. It will take another year and half for United States to be fully equipped with 4G LTE network. Sprint already has 4G network built on Wi-Max mobile broadband technology. This new smart phone will be priced at $199.99 [Rs. 10, 200 approximately], with a two year contract and will be available by June 2012. Sprint would accept pre order of HTC Evo 4G LTE smartphone from 7th of May 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Anyone's phone shut itself off and reboot back on? Mines just did. Came back up with error report that the phone had just recovered from a serious crash !!! Really don't want to be sending my phone off for repair after only two days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Was VERY disappointed yesterday to discover that neither the One X or the One S worked correctly with my Beats Studio headphones!! The pause button worked and the play music button worked but when I double pressed the in-line remote it tried to call the last number and did not skip to the next song!?? Considering HTC have a 50% stake in Beats and they tout Beats audio as a function I think it's madness they don't work fully with official Beats headphones!!

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

The radio on my s seems to be cutting in and out when the headphones are connected if i am walking,laid flat there is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

ofcork wrote: »
    The radio on my s seems to be cutting in and out when the headphones are connected if i am walking,laid flat there is no problem.
    That's the good aul HTC radio. :-) some things never change!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Bit of a pita because other than that the phone is light years better than thye sensation in every aspect although i thought the sensation was fantastic when i got it and that went downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Have it a day or so now. Very happy with it.
    I had an original HTC desire then moved to the SGS2 and now onto this.
    No problems with it so far. Keeping everything stock until a proper root comes out.

Ordered up a few NFC tags from tagage.net. Going to put them on my Philips Android Alarm Clock (charger/dock), then in the car and on my desk in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Is the phone still 300 quid when you upgrade from your current contract? I'm on the 30 quid contract with meteor and was gonna stay on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

lafors wrote: »
    No problems with it so far. Keeping everything stock until a proper root comes out.

Ordered up a few NFC tags from tagage.net. Going to put them on my Philips Android Alarm Clock (charger/dock), then in the car and on my desk in work.

.......are you me? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Genuine question: Why? To automatically switch the phone to different profiles?

.......are you me? O_o

Eh let me check............................I think......No :pac:
    Evil_g wrote: »
    Genuine question: Why? To automatically switch the phone to different profiles?

Yeah. It'll be handier than doing it manually.
    One on the android alarm clock to change it to dock mode/silent (so alarms will still work but calls/txt won't wake me)
    Then one in my car and one in the wifes car to turn bluetooth on, wifi off, car dock on, max bluetooth volume.
    Then one on my desk to switch wifi on/bluetooth off/volume to low

Gonna set one up for inside my living room so others with nfc can pick up my wifi settings without having to set it up manually.

Basically anything I can think that might be useful I'll try one out for it :)
    I've ordered 15 so I'll have some spare if I need them.

In working nights so I've been listening to a variety of music on it tonight from Luke Kelly to Andrea Bocelli to Daft Punk to David Guetta.
    Have to say I'm VERY impressed with the sound quality. I'm using my Bose IE2 headphones with the Beats setting to On. Its definitely better than my SGS2 was for sound.
    btw I don't in any way think I'd be an audiophile but I do know what sounds better to my ears.

And for 3 posts in a row here's my battery life from the last day...

Screenshot_2012-04-12-08-37-58-1.png
    Screenshot_2012-04-12-08-38-25.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

from the size of the screenshots that's the one x?

battery life doesn't look too dissimilar to my desire HD so that's workable for me i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Any earphones with buttons would be compatible?I'm hoping to get in ear ones that don't pop out!

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Any earphones with buttons would be compatible?I'm hoping to get in ear ones that don't pop out!

My Studio Beats did not work properly....I wonder if Solo Beats will....

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i hate to (potentially) be the bad news bear, but it looks like there *might* be a bit of an issue with the micro arc oxidation on the back cover, at least on the one s. :(

http://www.talkandroid.com/105340-owners-say-htcs-micro-arc-oxidation-process-on-the-one-s-looks-to-be-flawed/

vibe666 wrote: »
    i hate to (potentially) be the bad news bear, but it looks like there *might* be a bit of an issue with the micro arc oxidation on the back cover, at least on the one s. :(

http://www.talkandroid.com/105340-owners-say-htcs-micro-arc-oxidation-process-on-the-one-s-looks-to-be-flawed/

Yeah, read about that on a couple of sites today....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 pedrohbaron

Just did a benchmarking with my new One X today, definitely wasn't expecting that. :D

295170_3300524686207_1660637431_2676143_1072208484_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

So to people who have had the One X in the wild for a while, hows the lense scratching/lack of working out?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So to people who have had the One X in the wild for a while, hows the lense scratching/lack of working out?

Not a mark on mine yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Can anyone actually link to the cover they bought for their one X. Would like one that protects the lense if possible. Have heard some of them don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Can anyone actually link to the cover they bought for their one X. Would like one that protects the lense if possible. Have heard some of them don't.

Google "Hc c700". Few places are sold out though. Think clove.uk are still in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Thanks for the Forager.. will look into getting one i think. Expensive cover but since i'm now held down to a long enough contract may as well get the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Does the lens have gorilla glass too? and if so, does gorilla glass scratch easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Google "Hc c700". Few places are sold out though. Think clove.uk are still in stock.

Clove are out of stock. Most places aren't expecting stock until either 24th or 30th April. Anyone know of supplier who definitely has it in stock?

Does the lens have gorilla glass too? and if so, does gorilla glass scratch easily?

My One X has a tiny scratch on the outer edge of the lens cover. Not Gorilla glass I think. Any research I've done on Gorilla glass suggests it can be scratched. I will be getting a screen protector. Too valuable to take a risk.

• Advertisement

Rooted with no issues using this method.

http://www.redmondpie.com/root-htc-one-x-on-android-4.0.3-the-easy-way-by-flashing-clockworkmod-recovery-and-supersu-how-to-tutorial/

It was the best way I could see to get stuff across from my old HTC Desire using Titanium backup. I've noted LeeDroid and a few others have ROMs in the works. Will wait a few weeks before making the jump.

Advertisement