Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

bluewolf wrote: »
    whatever the canteen has to offer unless it's mushroom in which case they can keep it

i'm holding out for tomato soup...
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Mushrooms... *shudder* I hate them with a passion. Tomato soup is ok but I loooove potato and leek. Nom nom nom.
    mum makes potato and butterbean soup to die for :cool:

im glad someone else hates mushrooms. they're foul!

tomato soup is usually "ok" but these guys make some spicy roast pepper tomato soup which is gorgeous

Why is everyone picking on the poor mushrooms.. :confused:

They are lovely, cream of mushroom soup, garlic mushrooms, mushrooms stuffed with a nice cheese and grilled, mushroom sauce on steak.. the lists of options are endless.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

i ate all the choc brazil nuts last night :pac:
    Dirty!

I don't really like mushrooms but my mom makes amazing mushroom soup! I love all soups, only homemade though :cool:

I am having a wrap with chicken and cheese with a few chips and coleslaw on the side :) It's too nice for soup! Also meeting a friend and having lunch in the park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'll be going for my usual again today

White sammich with butter, cheese, coleslaw, ham, cucumber, tomato, chicken

Probably a coffee and a snickers after that and some breaking bad too if I have time only started season 4 now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

The day I eat a steak for lunch is the day I know I've made it in this world. Some day.... some day. :pac:

i have one sometimes when meeting a friend for lunch, but it's not exactly often :pac:
    still, here you go:
    https://www.boardsdeals.ie/deal/Two-Fillet-Steak-on-the-Stone-Dinners-plus-wine-for-25-at-Caf-Carlo-worth-59/1011/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=deal_1011&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mydealpage.ie%2F

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Why is everyone picking on the poor mushrooms.. :confused:

They are lovely, cream of mushroom soup, garlic mushrooms, mushrooms stuffed with a nice cheese and grilled, mushroom sauce on steak.. the lists of options are endless.. :(

no.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Nah, I just know what tastes shíte and what tastes good. :pac:

Well la-di-da.

The day I eat a steak for lunch is the day I know I've made it in this world. Some day.... some day. :pac:

Hey, I just eat whats on the menu.. they just happen to have a nice menu here in work most days :D

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    Dirty!

I don't really like mushrooms but my mom makes amazing mushroom soup! I love all soups, only homemade though :cool:

I am having a wrap with chicken and cheese with a few chips and coleslaw on the side :) It's too nice for soup! Also meeting a friend and having lunch in the park :D

Nice.. would be nice to be near a nice park to be able to sit down and have lunch outside in weather like this.. one of the disadvantages in working in the city centre, the lack of green space :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nice.. would be nice to be near a nice park to be able to sit down and have lunch outside in weather like this.. one of the disadvantages in working in the city centre, the lack of green space :(

yea nowhere near me for it

...no.

Meanie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Philly Cheese Steak Wrap on the way to the office as I type. Fúck you healthy option... Fúck you.

Ooooh and Bohemians are playing tonight in the Europa League qualifer tonight... Can't wait. Pity there's no alcohol being served because of UEFA rulings but should be a good 'un nonetheless.

Philly Cheese Steak Wrap on the way to the office as I type. Fúck you healthy option... Fúck you.

Ooooh and Bohemians are playing tonight in the Europa League qualifer tonight... Can't wait. Pity there's no alcohol being served because of UEFA rulings but should be a good 'un nonetheless.
    You need to pop to KC's in cork and get one of their Philly steaks - unbelievable.

Nice tasty steak, cheese, fried onions, salad, garlic and chips all in a pita with mayo - unbelievable!!

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    You need to pop to KC's in cork and get one of their Philly steaks - unbelievable.

Nice tasty steak, cheese, fried onions, salad, garlic and chips all in a pita with mayo - unbelievable!!

Isnt that the place that got flooded recently?

That'd involve me travelling to Cork. I'd have been heading down to Cork tomorrow for the weekend as Bohs were scheduled to play Cork City but was rescheduled for Sunday because of tonight's Europa League game.

Another time mate.

I loooove potato and leek. Nom nom nom.

guess what i have :o

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

God, look at ye all with your fancy lunches. Way to show up my simple yet elegant toasted ham and cheese sandwich.

Isnt that the place that got flooded recently?
    That'd involve me travelling to Cork. I'd have been heading down to Cork tomorrow for the weekend as Bohs were scheduled to play Cork City but was rescheduled for Sunday because of tonight's Europa League game.

Another time mate.

No worries - sure it's flooded atm to confirm what TP mentioned.

Seriously more people in Cork were worried about when KCs would be back open rather than the fact that a village flooded in June!

It was so lovely. I did feel quite lazy as lots of people were exercising!

They are the best chipper EVER. I miss KCs... Have they re-opened yet? Were you flooded Paulie?

Ahh stop rubbing it in... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

All this talk of food is making me hungry! Would love a steak sandwich right now, but will settle for banana sandwich, nom :D

I love the avatar Master!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

All this talk of lunches, and I had breakfast not so long ago... :o

They are the best chipper EVER. I miss KCs... Have they re-opened yet? Were you flooded Paulie?
    Nope they won't be open for a few weeks at least - they have to replace all their equipment and stock and clean up the place. Barrys the main pub in Douglas has been hit badly too.

Nah - I'm up the road from Douglas perched on a hill - chances of flooding are low for me thankfully - although I got hit when I lived in student accommodation for the 2010 floods - some craic and I feel ill with nostalgia thinking about it now, was at a ball the night it flooded :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Does this KC's place really live up to all the hype??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Banana Sandwiches are amazing!! I still fins it astonishing that people don't like them/haven't hear of them!

Banana Sandwiches are amazing!! I still fins it astonishing that people don't like them/haven't hear of them!

We had this conversation before. Banana sandwiches are disgusting.... FACT.

no u

mush up banana with fork, eat in bread & butter
    om nom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

See when we see an innuendoish post and your name we know there is intent. There is ALWAYS intent with you :P :P :P

Where is everyone? First Otis left us, then Drav stopped posting. SO many others have left too :(
    It has gone very very quiet in here lately... why has Drav stopped posting? :confused:

Just busy at the moment with work. So haven't really popped in here too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

They are rotten!!! If i ever stay with my cousin i have to be subjected to her eating a banana and nutella sambo for breakfast!! Disgusting!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Bananananananana sambos should only be made when they are intended to be eaten. Otherwise they just decompose...

We had this conversation before. Banana sandwiches are disgusting.... OPINION.

FYP!!

(ps: you are wrong by the way! :pac:)

Nope they won't be open for a few weeks at least - they have to replace all their equipment and stock and clean up the place. Barrys the main pub in Douglas has been hit badly too.

Nah - I'm up the road from Douglas perched on a hill - chances of flooding are low for me thankfully - although I got hit when I lived in student accommodation for the 2010 floods - some craic and I feel ill with nostalgia thinking about it now, was at a ball the night it flooded :(
    My sister was watching girls wading home through the floods from the ball. Those floods were shocking, Galway was badly hit too.
    Does this KC's place really live up to all the hype??
    OHMYGOD yes :D
    Just busy at the moment with work. So haven't really popped in here too much.
    BOOO to real life :(

• Advertisement

I agree with Pem - real life sucks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement