Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I don't need the teenage boy, that'd be illegal. :(

And you sound so disappointed about it being illegal! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Got a text from a girl back home that I went to secondary school with, apparently the big gossip that's doing the rounds is that I've gotten engaged. She text me to find out whether it was true or not.

Do people not have lives!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got a text from a girl back home that I went to secondary school with, apparently the big gossip that's doing the rounds is that I've gotten engaged. She text me to find out whether it was true or not.

Do people not have lives!!

short answer?? no, no they dont!

if any of my relatives see me with a guy they hound me asking if we were going out! You'd swear that men and women are not capable of being just friends..

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I'm going out tonight but don't feel a bit well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Evening.

Just back from a 37km cycle. Whoop! I know I'm making awec jealous. :D

Hopefully you don't die Kitten. ;)

That_guy - I was in Prop about two years ago and although the music is deadly, some of the people are arsewipes. So annoying when the music is good. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I have a serious question for the cyclists. How does your bum hold up for such long distances? Im pretty sure i would be a far better cyclist should i have a nice recliner, memory foam saddle about 3 times the width of my bum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Larianne wrote: »
    Evening.

Just back from a 37km cycle. Whoop! I know I'm making awec jealous. :D

Hopefully you don't die Kitten. ;)

That_guy - I was in Prop about two years ago and although the music is deadly, some of the people are arsewipes. So annoying when the music is good. :cool:

Savage, haven't cycled in ages, used. To cycle from Ennis to limerick a 50 mile round trip, now it's a struggle to cycle 5 mile

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Polloloca wrote: »
    I have a serious question for the cyclists. How does your bum hold up for such long distances? Im pretty sure i would be a far better cyclist should i have a nice recliner, memory foam saddle about 3 times the width of my bum.
    As Awec said padded shorts otherwise you're knackered...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

10 more hours :(

I go nowhere on a bike. I have been traumatised by the seats of those bikes they use in spin class. I feel nauseous even thinking about it!

That said, I used to love cycling. I just don't think i could put my derriere through it.

Polloloca wrote: »
    awec wrote: »
    You need padded shorts or leggings. They make a huge difference.
    Pembily wrote: »
    As Awec said padded shorts otherwise you're knackered...

I must have buns of steel. :pac: I go no padding. Hardcore me... I probably won't be able to walk tomorrow. :o
    Savage, haven't cycled in ages, used. To cycle from Ennis to limerick a 50 mile round trip, now it's a struggle to cycle 5 mile

Oh you should try get back into it. Even if its only a 10 mile cycle. It's the one exercise I never get tired of. I guess because there is always something to see and you're not pushing yourself hard all the time.

I have to say, when I started the cycle I wanted to turn back after 4 miles but I kept going and enjoyed it when I got into my cycle groove. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sod it. One of these days the bike will be coming out of the shed. Damn you all. :pac:

Sod it. One of these days the bike will be coming out of the shed. Damn you all. :pac:

Well you better get it out soon so you're trained up for tGC summer cycle! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Sounds like a plan. Its success will be dependent on the extent of Sore Bum Syndrome, yeah?

I am up for this cycle challenge if anybody has this bike.
    xtracycle-peapod-longtail-bike-child-seat-2011-2.jpg

Sounds like a plan. Its success will be dependent on the extent of Sore Bum Syndrome, yeah?

No pain no gain!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Sunshine here :D.

Hopefully I don't wake tomorrow to the sound of rain battering against my window...
    Boooo :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yes the sound of rain on the bedroom window is so much worse than the sound of rain on the office window when yer stuck in work.. :(

Hopefully I don't wake tomorrow to the sound of rain battering against my window...
    It's clearing up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

O sole Mio just came on my iPod - now I really want a cornetto!!

How are we all today?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just letting all you cyclists know that both Aldi and Lidl have lots of cycling clothes and repair stuff on sale on Thur.

That's not a hint or anything. :pac:

Daisies wrote: »
    Just letting all you cyclists know that both Aldi and Lidl have lots of cycling clothes and repair stuff on sale on Thur.
    Aldi was last week. I didn't have time to go :(

Stupid weather is horrible.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement