Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Managed to assemble the cheapest suit ever. God bless River Island and their sale.

Suit jacket was €150 - Got it for €30. Should've been €50 but the lass behind the counter under charged me. Win.

Matching trousers - €20

Shoes - €15 ;)

Shirt - Already owned.

;)

Bought some hoodies and jeans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jaysus you did a great job there!!

shopper extraordinare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That_Guy wrote: »
    Managed to assemble the cheapest suit ever. God bless River Island and their sale.

Suit jacket was €150 - Got it for €30. Should've been €50 but the lass behind the counter under charged me. Win.

Matching trousers - €20

Shoes - €15 ;)

Shirt - Already owned.

;)

Bought some hoodies and jeans too.
    Sounds like a solid shopping session bud fair dues!

My disdain for River Island remains despite the great value you got however :pac:

Jaysus you did a great job there!!

shopper extraordinare!!

I wasn't even planning to buy a suit or anything but their sale rack caught my eye. It's the one on Henry Street for anyone interested.

And Paulie... Shaddup ya mouth.

Shuddup-a ya face!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Right, well after that movie all I can say is :eek:

I've never seen so many people try hide in one duvet!
    Except for one who fell asleep :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Exam #2 aced today! :cool:(

18467714.jpg

congrats mate!!

Exam #2 aced today! :cool:

I am shirt shopping. Saw a cracking one but wasn't in my size :(

Well done and I hate when that happens!

So...congrats and unlucky I guess! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Exam #2 aced today! :cool:

I am shirt shopping. Saw a cracking one but wasn't in my size :(

Extra celebrations tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Gooood morning. The insomnia fairy got me last night, I've been awake since yesterday. :D

I'm feeling really productive though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Good morning!

I'm then same, although it wasn't the insomnia fairy, it was the sugar rush fairy and takeaway at 3 in the morning fairy combined....

Not feeling productive though, though I nearly have an essay done for college, it's just painful to write :(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Writing security reports, compiling code and cursing between coffee sips. Definitely a Friday.

Well done awec mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Not feeling productive though, though I nearly have an essay done for college, it's just painful to write :(

My god. Thinking is poison at this stage. Must. Finish. Essay. (I've barely even started)

Beers later is good motivation to do things.

Been in work since half 8 and have yet to do a tap of work! (don't tell my bosses)

How can I work when there is texts from a dog to read! these are the important things in life!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Very slow day in work for me too, the only thing irking me is that the AC wars have started for the day, so once again I'm working in an Ice box :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Well done awec :)
    Get to it 18!
    cade I was the same in a place I used to work,they'd be roasting,but i'd be sitting under the fan,and with a jacket on i'd be a frozen block :mad:

Trying to motivate myself to go out for a jog today

Get to it 18!

:) Another 1000 words by 7 this evening. Easy. I might even have some words left over. Let me know if you're short.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't have a word count to reach at this stage, just some good ideas that need to keep going...now to get it done so there's no Friday guilt. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

All ye kids and yer fancy smancy college coursework, why don't you get a real job like the rest of us. :rolleyes:

I say, while reading boards, and twirling around in my office chair, humming safety dance and building a chain out of paper clips to whip one of my colleagues as soon as it is complete. :cool:

+1 Safety Dance!

Banish that Friday guilt!

Hey Paulie C, this is what I'm doing for the weekend.

Friday (today)

After work I'll go to the shop to buy some ingredients to make food. Was thinking stir fry but I'm kinda sick of noodles. Might do something handy like steak or something.

Quick tidy of the aul bedroom and have a few new mixes I'd like to tie in to my ever growing set list.

Eat.

Shave, shower and get ready for beers.

Grab the bus and enjoy a night with internet people A.K.A NEEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!

----

Saturday

More than likely I'll be in bits so I'll probably watch the Everton V Liverpool game from my leaba.

Muster up the energy to get lunch.

Probably laze about for the day really. Mixing/Xbox/go for a walk. I dunnno.

UFC is on tomorrow night so I'll more than likely watch that though that could end up changing if people rope me into going out.

----

Sunday

Go for a mahoosive fookin' run in the morning.

Have made loose plans to go to the cinema in the afternoon with a mate but I'm not sure yet.

Will definitely be watching the FA Cup game that evening and after that I have no idea.

Dread about work the next day and rock back and forth praying that time will go backwards instead of rapidly going forward.... Same thing I do every Sunday evening really.

Liverpool v Everton is on ESPN mate so unless you've got that you'll be no watching from your leaba, whatever that is :pac:

Sounds like I'll have to go to the pub to watch it :(

Ye of so little faith. I use this website (www.flashsportstreams.tv)

Just over €30 for the season and you see every match in really good quality. Well worth it.

Anyway, I hook my laptop to my monitor in my room via HDMI cable and lo and behold, I has football all the timez.

Leaba = Irish for bed.

Aboy TG! :D

My Plans areeeeeee:

Friday:
    Finish Work
    Head to college
    Head home and snack
    Chill out with some of the lads then head to a 21st for a quick appearance for a short while
    Home to chill out with the lads and probably watch a movie.

Saturday:
    Up early hopefully
    Clean the house up a bit
    Do some other odd jobs that I've been putting off for a bit
    Study
    Liverpool vs. Everton :)
    More study
    Possibly head to the park with some mates for crossbar challenge etc. depending on weather
    More Study
    Mates gig in town

Sunday:
    Have a match at some stage so study before and after that
    Get a big shop in for the week
    relax for the evening!

I have Sky Sports in my room so I love it when there's a decent early kick off on a saturday, I can wake up and just lie in bed and watch it.

Was fuming when I heard this game was on ESPN! :mad:

Would've thought it'd have been on ITV too. Seemingly not. That's a pain especially given the early kick off.

• Advertisement

WOAH WOAH WOAH - thought ITV have the FA cup rights???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement