Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying advertisement?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Pabzzz wrote: »
    YouTube ads are generally annoying, but that Discover Northern Ireland ad is the WORST.

Ditto for this and that bloody Lynx ad with the "worldwide emergency" that pops up before every YouTube video. :mad:

I'm actually hoping for a real world catastrophe to hit some country that might shame them into not showing this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Has to be the go compair adds they should be band!!!

Oh and Barry Scott and his twin Brother!!!:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

looksee wrote: »
    Those horrible dogs with the false teeth ... I may have mentioned them in another thread

Jumbone, I think. It's not right.

That new Eircom ad has started to irk me, especially that little brat that's 'bunking into a festival'. She deserves a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

Yeah, the Go Compare ads really are annoying.
    I also hate the Compare the Meerkat ones; not funny at all.
    The latest one to irk me is the Santander one.
    "You win, you save, you sleep, you save, you bite your bottom lip, you save"..It goes on for ages!
    Oh, and the Alpecin caffeine shampoo ad too-purely for the way the voice-over woman pronounces "hair" (for your HAAAAIR)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Jesus, this thread does nothing to dispel the idea that Irish people love being miserable...

So, what're all the ads you really hate? Let's all talk about them, post links from Youtube and then talk about them a bit more. God, they're awful aren't they?!! I hate watching these... but I will, just so I can go on about them...

Get over it! I'm sure there are threads like this in plenty of the world's chat sites... adverts are annoying, it's not an Irish phenomenon.

Being miserable isn't an Irish trait... it's a people trait. Deal with it.

pips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

"we buy any car dot com, sponsors motoring on dave" with all the doors clicking and lights flashing.. urgh.....

bring back the sexy little pink minx singing it, 10 sec speed wánk ftw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm a very refined gentleman who doesn't get his feathers ruffled about much but this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvp9Hq60qw

...grrr...I just want to beat the **** out of him. Some of the ads here on boards has him celebrating something with a fist pump.

Just recalled another bastard of an Eircom ad - the phonewatch one. This level of smugness is just uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Vernon Kay and his mother in those Flora Cuisine ads. That woman sets my teeth on edge.
    Agree about those "Brad in Albequerque" eircom ads. Fcuk off with your faux-american twang.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Flancrest wrote: »
    Apache Pizza radio ad has stopped me buying thier pizza it's so annoying.

Aggggh.
    I got that prick's voice in my head now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Anything that says it's regulated by the central bank I mean wtf is the point

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Apache Pizza, happy days... Apache Pizza, happy days.

Edit - mentioned above... sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Those damned board bia ads for milk where some idiot has a spaz attack to the loudest most innane dance music that instantly turns my TV set into a fcuking Polish house party. You just know some ad man thought up of the loudest most irritating noise to grab peoples attention and used it....wnaker.

Close second would be the McDonalds ads with the pastey faced sprog "I wouldnt want you to be an astronaught dad, cause you'd be ages coming home at night" .... GAG.... are they fcuking for real? Honestly, what kind of attached at the hip / future daddy issues attitude is that. Makes me wretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

du Maurier wrote: »
    Just recalled another bastard of an Eircom ad - the phonewatch one. This level of smugness is just uncalled for.

drives me mad.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Those damned board bia ads for milk where some idiot has a spaz attack to the loudest most innane dance music that instantly turns my TV set into a fcuking Polish house party. You just know some ad man thought up of the loudest most irritating noise to grab peoples attention and used it....wnaker.

Close second would be the McDonalds ads with the pastey faced sprog "I wouldnt want you to be an astronaught dad, cause you'd be ages coming home at night" .... GAG.... are they fcuking for real? Honestly, what kind of attached at the hip / future daddy issues attitude is that. Makes me wretch.

is he the same child that does his poo at Pauls?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

is he the same child that does his poo at Pauls?

Havent a clue, looking at the irritation scale.... yup, probably is. Hope he gets IBS from holding his ****e in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

hightower1 wrote: »
    Hope he gets IBS from holding his ****e in.

deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Gmol wrote: »
    Anything that says it's regulated by the central bank I mean wtf is the point

Better than being regulated by the financial regulator i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Hate those FBD ads myself. Even that twinkly smug music does my head in.

I think it's very deliberate by advertisers to make the voice artist say something in a weird annoying way just so it sticks in your head more. Eg. Finish.. The Dy-a-mund Standard. I'm sure there's loads more examples, thankfully they haven't stuck in my head anyway!!

on of my most laughable ads was one I only saw maybe a dozen times. It was for sausages.

a guy brings a girl home and puts the sausages in the pan. The dog is there - I forget how the guy and the dog ends up in the bathroom, but when the girl opens the door the guy is on all fours and the dog is lashing him with the towel.

It's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Jesus, this thread does nothing to dispel the idea that Irish people love being miserable...

So, what're all the ads you really hate? Let's all talk about them, post links from Youtube and then talk about them a bit more. God, they're awful aren't they?!! I hate watching these... but I will, just so I can go on about them...
    Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Get over it! I'm sure there are threads like this in plenty of the world's chat sites... adverts are annoying, it's not an Irish phenomenon.

Hey girlfriend, I am SO over it! To be honest, it doesn't bother me that there's a thread dedicated to this. I have zero issues with it and my post was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek. ;)
    Pippy1976 wrote: »
    Being miserable isn't an Irish trait... it's a people trait. Deal with it.

pips

Eh... I like the way you don't disagree that you love being miserable, you just say that everyone else does too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

on of my most laughable ads was one I only saw maybe a dozen times. It was for sausages.

a guy brings a girl home and puts the sausages in the pan. The dog is there - I forget how the guy and the dog ends up in the bathroom, but when the girl opens the door the guy is on all fours and the dog is lashing him with the towel.

It's hilarious.

Walls Sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Probably the ones for fame on dublin bus at the moment. Faces is love to play for five minutes with a hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

The smug looking one who advertises her 'deliciously creamy Activia' and loves her tummy.

Nobody is that happy to eat yoghurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Any ad on TV3 - whatever is wrong with them, have to turn up the volume a lot during the progs (same on UPC and Sky) and then as soon as the ads come on, would nearly burst your eardrums! Do they think that a higher volume will make people wake up and take notice? Rather than turning the vol down during their ads I just change the channel :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

There's one for Dove (?) deodorant that claims it helps heal cuts from shaving "in just seven days" and shows pictures of a sore red underarm and then a healed one, claiming that using Dove made it heal. IT'S A SMALL CUT THAT WOULD HEAL IN 7 DAYS ANYWAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

NRC Taxis radio ad

If you're headin to your mas or out on the Raz

If you're going to Clonsilla or your south side villa

Get off the bus ride with us
    Get off the dart ride with us
    Get of the Luas ride with us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

That bleedin' Barclays ad......with yer woman bouncin' around. ??:mad:??

foxyboxer wrote: »

ya thats it. It's hilarious. :D

• Advertisement

Those VHI ads are terrible too. Here's a good pisstake:

Allianz ads are pretty poor too. My advice to you: "Wear a seatbelt whilst driving!". Oh okay, thanks for that one.

Advertisement