Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying advertisement?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Aenaes wrote: »
    People still watch ads? :eek:
    Exactly. But when in the car you can't avoid them.
    That meteor go conquer one I hear on Phantom - what a load of wankology
    go conquer f***in' what!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 shortie111

Have to agree that the 48 go conquer adverts are a wreck the head, especially the one's played on the radio! I usually change the station as soon as they come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Most M&S ads really irritate me for some reason. There's just something so 'smug', or a better word I can't think of, about them. The latest one with Gary Barlow below.

Yeah, definitely smug. And a double helping of cheese right at the end with Gary looking cross-eyed up to the heavens. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

That harvey normon ad on the radio, does my nut in!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭dazzlemoo

The latest ad for Maggi (y'know that stuff in the packet you put on meat?)
    The child looks evil and her voice is a mix of Welsh and lady of the manor.
    "Where's Emileh?! She's on a jobshare with Maiseh""..Fastforward to the end "Good job Emileh!" and she has evil eyebrows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Lisha wrote: »
    there seems to be a resurrection of that stupid Kerrygold ad with the Irish gormless son taking a sod of earth home to Germany so the child's feet will touch Irish soil first.
    I hate this ad for so many reasons, stupid overdone example of Irish male, not talking, practically walking with knuckles dragging floor. HTF does hot German babymomma prevent herself from kicking or at the very least dumping his ass. Also in our current fiscal conditions, i reckons the Germans would piss themselves watching this. In reality it's more like he taking back to germany what it already owns. (I hate being reminded of our curent issues.)

And FFS where did they get that stupid looking shamrock tin:mad:

I want this ad banned.

And the resentful Irish mammy stereotype, throwing the missus evils when commenting about exporting all our best stuff :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I'm having severe issues with the ad for honey that's on at the minute.
    Very likely to smash the tv

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anything Oirish, contrived and unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭legallyblonde86

That little prick in the McDonald's ad who wants to be a van driver, have to turn that off.
    1. How had no one mentioned That Barry's tea one "is this a date?"
      "I don't know, is it?".... She's been stalking that poor lad for years!!!
    2. Those annoying kids in (I think it's miwadi) my body is a temple.
    3. We buy any car.com
    4. Apache pizza happy days
    5. Go compare
    6. And the one I hate the most!!! That proxy kerrygold ad with the pregnant German yoke and the bitter mother in law.
      "oh we'll miss your cooking but at least we have kerrygold in Germany"
      Mother"we import all our best stuff"

While her son is out shovelling muck into a biscuit tin.. Sure as soon as he's out of her I'll be rubbin muck on his feet. Wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,124 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That 48 ad wrecks my head.

''That's Eimear, she's riding that guy over there. I might ride this guy over here. Why do I have an American accent? Dunno, use our phone network and you can be a gobshíte too...''

Fúck off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Brian is (an over exposed) douche!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

So...much...douchebaggery.

First, the clichéd girl-nagging-the-guy scene (though in fairness, it's not like it's his fault he has a small penis).
    American fratboy then proceeds to regale the quaint locals with tales about said small penis, before the ad ends with this entitled douchebag apparently about to start a fight with a minimum-wage Russian waiter just for taking his almost-empty glass, which he gets back anyway.

Sadly, this ad only perpetuates the myths about Heineken drinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

0118 999 88199 9119 725

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

Can someone explain to me why it is you would give an advert that annoys you publicity?

From what I can understand from this terribly constructed question.., The whole effect of annoying someone sits in your subconscience & thus you will tell somebody else about it. Word of mouth works, be it good or bad - and with that you have adverts like "Go Compare" , "Cillit Bang" (with barry scot - the older versions of shouty barry), "Harvery Norman", "1890 22 22 22" and other such adverts. It draws attention to your business, because there will ALWAYS be ONE person who will eventually crack and go and seek information about the product being advertised.

If this isn't your question , here is an alternative answer - i'm sorry but.... I don't understand your question :P

* The adverts listed in bold - is my answer to the OP's question!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Nissan duke add !!!
    The add itself is fantastic
    They put the car together mid-air and paint it
    Then they fit the windows and lights under water .
    So far so good !
    Till you actually see one of them and realize that's how they really build them !
    Ohh
    And that add for the US marine corp
    With Katie perry in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

super value's curent adds

'as part of our campaing at super value to help you spend less we've specials on...'

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

118 feckin 50 christ they bug the ****e outta me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

especially the woman overgesturing the "Wow"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

British army say they need more recruits, so they get their soldiers to put a billboard up on the top of a mountain in the arse-end of nowhere where nobody is ever going to see it.
    Military intelligence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

There is an ad on nova about some pub or nightclub and some abusive girlfriend giving out about men. 'men only have 4 things on their mind .... So, I slapped him etc.'
    I don't know how they can get away with that. Imagine if it was the other way around, "women have only 4 things on their mind... So I slapped her" the sh*tstorm that would ensue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

It's too epic for something as average as Google+:

WiMAX its comin across the nation, faster better cheaper, no line rental fee, for more information see your mammies hairy gee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Just had to comment on that Hatton Goldsmiths ad, I find it very very weird and that annoying little c**t at the end of it, a very punchable head indeed.

cost plus sofa seriously does anyone ever buy a couch full price theres always a feckin sale according to ads easter sale spring sale summer sale stock must go

or bed etc with that annoying dog singing

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sofia.88

that fella from the spar add with the big head of hair....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭finbarrk

shanered wrote: »
    That harvey normon ad on the radio, does my nut in!:mad:
    Agree. It makes me change station.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The ad for AXA with all the smiley happy people. As an ex customer I wouldnt agree....
    And top of the annoying ads would be the 3 network phone ads with Jedward in them. "Sup John"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

The manhattan popcorn ad on the radio I cringe when I hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anything Oirish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The UPS Olympic 'logistics' jingle. GRRRRrrrrrr:mad:

I'm using DHL in protest

Advertisement