Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying advertisement?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

The radio ad with the yodeling (ad for Zurich?). They've been rehashing it for a couple of years, just re-editing it. Fcking horrible horrible ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

We buy any car...F**K OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The TV license ads- the interpretive dance one and the one on the radio where the man serenades his TV license "why can't you pay yourself". Give me strength :mad:
    Whoever wrote them must think they are a comedy genius, well think again. Makes me wonder if RTE haven't hired Colin Hunt

• Site Banned Posts: 41 rain10

1. 1890 222222

im even in a bad mood thinking about it, seriously angers me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭anewme

New Radio Ad for Heinz Ketchup, I think.....some complete eejit singing the a to z with words to describe Ketchup........by the time he gets to nom nom nom I want to murder him!:mad:

Hate that ad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

justryan wrote: »
    The manhattan popcorn ad on the radio I cringe when I hear it
    agree "my favourite popcorn is manhattan popcorn :rolleyes:

Some ad i've heard on fm104 every morning for bikes....
    "We put the passion in peddling"
    I always LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

Coke ads...
    They are all the same, quick edits of bottles opening and spraying to form some hip beats. The Olympics one is especially annoying, f.ck off mark ronson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The Visa-Usain Bolt ad.

The prospect of having another 3 months of it on every ad break is annoying.

The blurb says "Get to the Olympics faster than Bolt!" should be "Get into debt faster than Bolt!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Those 48 mobile ads on the radio. Something about getting a milfs telephone number off the wall in the jacks. They're shockingly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Omackeral wrote: »
    That poxy Sony Xperia ad...

'As imagined by Jack Ryan, aged 8'

Some whiney sounding little pre-pubescent prick going on about little robots running riot inside a phone. I hate him and his visions. He's not even fully convinced of his own scenario.

''Hmmm maybe there's 3 little robots... tiny, tiny little robots. There job is to make the phone work...''

Yeah?!?! Well maybe there's not you little smug sh1t!!!

Do they actually think we are going to believe those are his words? What 8 year old uses the word "device" to describe a phone or tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

I really don't like those McDonald's ad's set in Dublin in the future (the year 2222 I believe :P ). Not only is the dialogue painful in these ad's but the inclusion of a holographic image of Eamon Dunphy's head makes me cringe everytime...."Give us a bite of that burger baby" :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

smash wrote: »
    Those 48 mobile ads on the radio. Something about getting a milfs telephone number off the wall in the jacks. They're shockingly bad.

It gets more and more pretentious and crass everytime it airs... I want to punch the radio. I actually was considering joining 48, but boy are those ads doing a good job convininvcing me otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Are Harvey bleedin' Norman still around? I remember reading about some Aussie whinging about the fact that it hadn't made its numbers in Ireland and they were going to pull out and coming here was the worst move they'd ever made and it's so not bloody fair dinkum that people stopped spending money in his shop during the worst recession in years.

GO HARVEY GO!! Please. Preferably far away......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

And can somebody, "creative" or otherwise, explain to me what's the deal with all the horses in the Budweiser ads?

Are they admitting their beer tastes like horse piss?

That's what it says to me. :)

I'm sticking with the Guinness. And not just because some of their ads are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

For me at the minute it's the new ad for IMC Cinemas in Tallaght on the radio. Really bad voice impression of Batman, "In that case I'll have popcorn", that line makes me want to strangle the guy!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

That Bord Bia one where the man is trying to impress the woman by rustling up some supper, he cooks fish, she doesn't notice what's being cooked (cooked fish SMELLS) and mentions she doesn't like fish. So he makes poser beans on toast.

She must have been sitting there for over five minutes with the fish smell wafting through the place (extractor fan was not in use), but she tells him about her not liking fish just as he's about to serve it. I wouldn't be calling her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

And can somebody, "creative" or otherwise, explain to me what's the deal with all the horses in the Budweiser ads?

Are they admitting their beer tastes like horse piss?

That's what it says to me. :)

I'm sticking with the Guinness. And not just because some of their ads are good.

Budweiser use emotional advertising, the horses stand for power and strength, and the shooting style gives them a respectable feel, like they should be respected like a wise, older member of society.
    Budweiser is a well recognised brand so they no longer need to tell people about the product per say, now they are focusing on maintaining relationships with its consumers through the use of emotions.
    People often consider horses as majestic beings, and seeing 8 horses pulling the brewery cart makes it all the more 'magical'. And it gives a nostalgia feel and tells the viewers subconscious that Budweiser is a traditional, old beer that must be respected.

There ya go!
    Who says my advertising degree never came in handy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Budweiser use emotional advertising, the horses stand for power and strength, and the shooting style gives them a respectable feel, like they should be respected like a wise, older member of society.
    Budweiser is a well recognised brand so they no longer need to tell people about the product per say, now they are focusing on maintaining relationships with its consumers through the use of emotions.
    People often consider horses as majestic beings, and seeing 8 horses pulling the brewery cart makes it all the more 'magical'. And it gives a nostalgia feel and tells the viewers subconscious that Budweiser is a traditional, old beer that must be respected.

There ya go!
    Who says my advertising degree never came in handy :pac:

Tbh the Budweiser ads only make me want to have a bet on the next upcoming horserace :pac:

Obviously those kind of horses won't be running but you know what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

kfallon wrote: »
    Tbh the Budweiser ads only make me want to have a bet on the next upcoming horserace :pac:

Obviously those kind of horses won't be running but you know what I mean!

Everyone interprets advertisements differently, advertisers want to reach their target audience, you probably arn't their target audience :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I hated Dairylea cheese ads so much when I was a kid that I boycotted it for life. I found them extremely patronising to me as a kid and particulary sexist to boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Everyone interprets advertisements differently, advertisers want to reach their target audience, you probably arn't their target audience :cool:

I am very much in the Heineken camp :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Yea. And Santa is the coca-cola delivery man!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Shredded wheat with all the grannies in the factory, it sounds like she says "we give housewives a bit of willy".
    A cheap ploy to sell more shredded wheat to bored housewives no doubt :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Bud US > Bud brewed elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Radio ads a few years back for Advance Hair and Tallaght Ford. Probably done by the same person

"on the way to yer ma's.........
    .....6772222......TAXIIII ........TAXIIIII........TAXIIIII.........

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

"How are the spicy noodles?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The you've been tangoed adds

It's going back a bit but I rearly watch tv now, if I do its all foreign adds.

Advertisement