Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying advertisement?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Mother of Jaysus WONGA! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭4ndroid

The colgate ad that used to be on.......no sharp pain, no sharp pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭doomed

those 11850 adds with the two d*ckheads with dodgy moustaches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

RTE... It's one big long advertational for each others shows & programmer.. Particularly morning radios.. Flip to kne station they re talking about the other, flip to that & they re talking about what was/ will be on Rte tv
    Sickening. Don't listen anymorbat JM who isn't do it.

O & creepy perky Liberty Mr USA insurance.
    Like an American company controlling Health Insurance Plans is a good idea.

& liv Tyler gone weird ; maybe it's thatstuff she's been rubbing on her head...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

gammygils wrote: »
    No Nonsense.ie especially annoying. At the butchers. ''I'm bacon'' ''I'm freisian Moo'' Just Feck Off! Is that the voice of Deirdre O'Kane? Or someone equally annoying

I think the no-nonsence ads are funnyish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I hate the sponsers of Corrie on UTV, don't even know what the company is, but it's the two girls that pretend to do press-ups while watching corrie, then the other girl while eating her dinner is so engrossed in the tv, keeps missing her mouth, and throwing the peas on the floor, grrr!
    and that ad for a yoghurt or smoothie, where they got the worse singers in Britain to sing "I've got my berry, got my cherry, got my biscuit got my crunch! cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

gammygils wrote: »
    No Nonsense.ie especially annoying. At the butchers. ''I'm bacon'' ''I'm freisian Moo'' Just Feck Off! Is that the voice of Deirdre O'Kane? Or someone equally annoying

I love that ad! Probably because I love loads of bad puns. This one is particularly meaty. :D

Back on topic, I also find Sensodyne ads very irritating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

The Aviva insurance adverts with Paul Whitehouse playing a variety of "amusing" characters especially the latest one where he is the ghost of the man who was wise enough to provide for his family to have their annual holiday after his demise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭MysticalRain

44leto wrote: »
    All of them thank jaysus for Sky+, I haven't watched an ad in years.

Ditto for bittorrent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Somewhere out there there's a bunch of 'creatives' reading this thread, toasting each other with champange and laughing. Laughing their holes off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Wattle wrote: »
    Somewhere out there there's a bunch of 'creatives' reading this thread, toasting each other with champange and laughing. Laughing their holes off.

Because people hate their ads and are put off buying the products because of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

The one where the couple are going to have sex in the kitchen on the table until the coffee jar is spilled :rolleyes: Ridiculous :rolleyes:Could understand if it was tea :p

Because people hate their ads and are put off buying the products because of them?

One of the first principles of advertising is to get people talking about the product. Hence this thread.

Wattle wrote: »
    One of the first principles of advertising is to get people talking about the product. Hence this thread.

True, but it's closely followed by generating goodwill about the product.

If I see an ad I don't like, I find myself prejudiced against the product, against my better judgment.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭meor

There's one particular ad that makes my blood boil, I can't remember what it's for but it's a song and the last line is sung by an old man at a wedding:

"I hit the floor and don't care how I dance!"

God I hate it. I also hate that Denny ad where she calls Grandad "Gan Gans."

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭leinster_fan

Can't believe AuToglass hasn't been mentioned yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭leinster_fan

I hated that AIB one where some woman is telling her life story where everything happened in Terenure. STOP SAYING THE WORD TERENURE...aaagh!
    Always thought for the sake of balance they should have done another version of it where it revolves around Finglas or somewhere!

Bring back classsic ads like the Safe Cross code or the milk one 'A childs got more bones than a grown up has'

'Wimax comin across the nation. Wimax the new sensation'

I would love to take that guitar and brain that baldy guy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

The ad on 2fm where the woman is laughing like a nutter at something "funny" that tubridy said.

He is about as funny as getting kicked in the nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

8-20-20-20 cabs
    harvey norman
    euro cycles euro baby
    vhi ads
    tv license ads
    that taxi rapping ****e ad
    head & shoulders football commentary style ad
    muller ads .. singing and the way they say yogurt.. gaaaahhh!!
    any ad that says "have a happy period!" :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Makes Harvey Norman seem like the Cadbury Caramel bunny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

no nonsense.ie. it drives me mental , Im ur one ! etc. feel like smashin the Tele when its on!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Is that a celebrity butchers cos it that not Meatloaf talking to Kevin Bacon?

FU.CK OFF YOU CUN.T!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Activia with Martine McCutcheon
    Kfc ads
    Birds eye with that stupid polar bear in the freezer
    The deodorant ad with the women with those jingling things around their wrists
    Shoulda went to specsavers
    Personal injury claims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭amortentia

Irish pork or whatever it is. "Irish rashers that aren't full of water and won't shrivel away". UGH.

The Moy Park rapping chicken.

First of all, you just can't make chicken cool for kids. They neither think of it as cool or uncool. It just is.

Second, the chicken knows what's in the food "chicken," doesn't he? I really don't think he should be so happy about kids eating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 kissthesky

The Werthers Original sweet ad with the creepy grandfather who wants to give his grandson some of his "sweet and creamy and uncommonly good butter candy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah I f'ucking hate those home movie sausage and rasher ads - "Oh it's so natural and down to earth!" No it's bloody cringey.

That ad about things happening when you're 18 - no, that stuff that's like a scene out of a Bret Easton Ellis book does not happen when you're 18 and in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

Apache Pizza radio ad has stopped me buying thier pizza it's so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

RTE advertising the Six Nations rugby.

Lord of the Rings was nearly a decade ago.

Can't ye come up with something else FFS.

Advertisement