Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most annoying advertisement?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

It's going back a bit but....

We are cheaper we are cheaper we are cheaper than anyone else

We are...The Gap.

Fcking hated that one..

• Site Banned Posts: 104 ✭✭Readyhed

Trocaire - "are we there Yet"
    Doo Doo Doo Doo Dooo - 1890

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

Anything with jedward in it and the go compare adverts , and the VHI ads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

How come nobody has mentioned No Nonsense.ie yet?.....Frigging hate every one of them...Ya'd nearly want to go to another insurance company and pay extra for it out of spite for making such an annoying set of ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    How come nobody has mentioned No Nonsense.ie yet?.....Frigging hate every one of them...Ya'd nearly want to go to another insurance company and pay extra for it out of spite for making such an annoying set of ads!

They are pretty bloody irritating....but I have to admit, I giggled a little at the latest one. "I'm bacon.....now I'm fresian!"

I'm ashamed of myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Mommmmmeeeeeeeeee!" "Mommmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Oh, he only wanted water, that's removed the deathly fear from my heart after hearing his distressed, plaintive cries!
    He's not dying, so funny!

When I first saw that ad I though (till the joke!) that it was completely serious and guilt-tripping parents into getting insurance for their kids OR ELSE THEY'LL DIE IN THE NIGHT!!

The juxtaposition between the scariness and the "comedy" is so misguided, I don't know how they thought it'd be a good idea.

There's another ad, I think it's for some cereal, with a horrible smug little girl telling Irish mothers their kids don't get enough fibre or whatever.
    "Mems, did yew knoow, AAhrish kids doon't get enough fibre!"
    She sounds like Rachel Allen's daughter. And don't get me started on Rachel Allen. Signing sammiches me arse!

Also, Meteor. We've all always hated their rubbish ads, but there's something about the way they're trying to relate to people with all these recognisable "types" in their ads (naked gym guy, wide-legs Dave!) that rubs me the wrong way.
    And they're not funny.
    They remind me of the insurance ad that goes "Here's Tom. Tom likes football. Good man Tom!" There's no subtlety to it: "Tom like football, Tom like FBD! You like football, you like FBD!"

Also, Craig Doyle. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

jokettle wrote: »
    They are pretty bloody irritating....but I have to admit, I giggled a little at the latest one. "I'm bacon.....now I'm fresian!"

I'm ashamed of myself.
    I did myself actually when I first seen it....and instantly criticized myself on the spot...I just laughed for less than a second then thought..."wait a minute I hate these ads, never laugh at it again"......"Nice to meat ya"

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

There's another ad, I think it's for some cereal, with a horrible smug little girl telling Irish mothers their kids don't get enough fibre or whatever.
    "Mems, did yew knoow, AAhrish kids doon't get enough fibre!"
    She sounds like Rachel Allen's daughter. And don't get me started on Rachel Allen. Signing sammiches me arse!

This is for cherios if memory serves, and I couldn't agree with you more. I refuse to buy any nestle cereal because of it. Come to think of it those Oats and more ads are a bit stupid too (although it might be a stretch to call them annoying!)

Also i can't see either Noyek Newmans (of "kitchens floors decks and doors" fame) or Tallaght Ford!! I now they're going back a bit but I still hear them intermittently and they've haven't becoem any better with age!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ferncat

Someone's gonna say it, so may as well get it out of the way:
    1890 22 22 22
    Omg I HATE that ad!!!! D:

murphm45 wrote: »
    This is for cherios if memory serves, and I couldn't agree with you more.

You did that on purpose, didn't you?! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

The adopt a tiger ad on tv3 is so annoying. Really any ad involving insurance is so annoying it makes me want to break the tv namely one direct and the FBD one, but the list is endless of crappy insurance ads!

You did that on purpose, didn't you?! :mad:

not too sure what i did so i'm going to say no!

Sorry my stupidity is charging to the fore here but i assume that the particular hightlighted phrase is used in the ad? if so sorry, wasn't my intention. Just proves i'm as annoying as the ads i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I can't stand those payment protection insurance ads from the UK. Some private law firm saying they can get back thousands from the bank for ya. Then cut to the story of "Mr. Jones" who got back £27,000! Ah yeah, sure we've all been there. Getting charged nearly 30 grand by the bank without noticing.

Bobby42 wrote: »
    I can't stand those payment protection insurance ads from the UK. Some private law firm saying they can get back thousands from the bank for ya. Then cut to the story of "Mr. Jones" who got back £27,000! Ah yeah, sure we've all been there. Getting charged nearly 30 grand by the bank without noticing.

Sorry in going off topic but this isn't quite the same as simply being over charged, people were fraudly/inappropriately sold these PPI policies when they could get no benefit from them. As a result they're now entitled to a refund and compensation from the seller. they usually came with loans and the premium would be proportioante to the loan size so for a 200k mortgage over 20 years they'd added up.

Sorry again about the off topic post!

Also there used to be an ad on the radio not too long ago that would to either start of with sirens or else they'd unexpected fade in in the ad. i can remember what it was for but i think it might have been for Dublin city centre businesses. It used to bug me no end because in the car you'd start slowing down for no reason thinking an ambulance was about to appear!

murphm45 wrote: »
    not too sure what i did so i'm going to say no!

Sorry my stupidity is charging to the fore here but i assume that the particular hightlighted phrase is used in the ad? if so sorry, wasn't my intention. Just proves i'm as annoying as the ads i suppose!

I was complaining in an earlier post about that phrase being used in a Mi Wadi ad. Scroll up and you'll understand my anger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭4ndroid

One Direct.ie..........dubblya.......dubblya.........dubblya

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

is it not "double double double"........hence why it's so annoying?!

I hate: "you'll be ages comin' home at night" - the little brat is in Fair City too

and : "it wrecks the cheese"

both of McDonalds fame

Anything with Craig c*cknose Doyle in it gives me a heart attack. "Are you tired of audinry brauudband" hwuuuugh!

And the eircom ad with the kid who's "bunkin into a festival" and it cuts to her lookin like she's off her nuts on pills. I can't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭4ndroid

Nah he's sayin

Onedirect.ie......w......w.....w.....one direct dot ie

Very very very irratating ad

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

no that's what he's supposed to say but it doesn't fit so can't say 'doubleyou' and ends up with double double double.
    Why am i still talkin about it?worst ad ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I know both have been mentioned but my pet hates are:
    1) Rachel Allen signing her bloody sandwiches with her smug expression :mad:. "Signature sandwiches"? Anyone can put a few fillings between two slices of bread, it's not exactly haute cuisine is it?!!
    2) Liv Tyler talking about her hair in a tone of voice you'd use for discussing very ill children. It's a split end, get over it!

Also, can't believe no-one's mentioned the "I'm going to do a poo at Paul's!" ad, which has got to be the biggest fail of an ad ever... and the Febreeze ones where the mother tells her son to "wash" his bedroom and then his girlfriend wanders in, sniffs, and says "Fresh!". As if you'd actually do that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

The spar ad with Fergus,gets on my bloody nerves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

All of them thank jaysus for Sky+, I haven't watched an ad in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

There's a really annoying Dairygold ad on the radio. The man doing the voiceover appears to be trying to be seductive but the sheer ridiculousness of the ad makes me want to kick him.

Can't remember much of how it goes, but the tag line is: Scoop it, dollop it, spread it (or something along the lines of that).

It's not even a nice butter FFS. If it was Kerrygold I wouldn't hate the ad as much but they're really getting above their station. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Any clothes washing detergent ad. Vanish ones especially. How the hell those people from Vanish get into someones house is beyond me and where are the hell are they when I complain about my dirty clothes. Cleaning spray ads also irk me. The product never does what it claims to do for a start and celebrities advertising products annoys me cos they probably don't even use the product themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Radio ad with the broken record, don't know what the product is because it's so annoying that I change station before the ad ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Hooked

There's a really annoying Dairygold ad on the radio. The man doing the voiceover appears to be trying to be seductive but the sheer ridiculousness of the ad makes me want to kick him.

Can't remember much of how it goes, but the tag line is: Scoop it, dollop it, spread it (or something along the lines of that).

It's not even a nice butter FFS. If it was Kerrygold I wouldn't hate the ad as much but they're really getting above their station. :p

The way he says 'boiled spuds' boils my f-ing blood!

But the worst ad I've ever heard is the new Irish pride radio campaign. People humming 'yum yum yum' and other such repetitive nonsense in an attempt to sound like machinery used in the baking process.

Oh my Jesus Christ monkey balls... I wonder how on earth this got the green light. Baking is just heat!!! Not all this clap-trap!!! Woeful.

Must go look for a link...

Utter tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

That Eircom ad, where the mother and father are leaving the house and the brats are complaining about the internet being down.

"Now i'll have to go and visit Brad in Alberqurque" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

kleefarr wrote: »

The Jedwards ads the the 1890 222 222 ads are the best! ;)
    The VHI ads, especially the one about the pregnant woman. There's something about the way she says "It was a real ER situation" and even worse "When you're worried about your husband, and your tiny babies" that just makes me want to punch her.

And that old ad with kids in it, was it for Mi Wadi? With 4 or 5 kids all acting like grown-ups and talking about giving up sweets because "my body's a temple". There's one little git in it who is either completely over-acting or is badly dubbed; he goes "I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. MY BODY'S A TEMPLE TOO!" Now any time anyone uses the phrase "I couldn't agree with you more" I hear it in his stupid lisping voice :mad:

You have hit the nail square on the head.

I know both have been mentioned but my pet hates are:
    1) Rachel Allen signing her bloody sandwiches with her smug expression :mad:. "Signature sandwiches"? Anyone can put a few fillings between two slices of bread, it's not exactly haute cuisine is it?!!
    2) Liv Tyler talking about her hair in a tone of voice you'd use for discussing very ill children. It's a split end, get over it!

Also, can't believe no-one's mentioned the "I'm going to do a poo at Paul's!" ad, which has got to be the biggest fail of an ad ever... and the Febreeze ones where the mother tells her son to "wash" his bedroom and then his girlfriend wanders in, sniffs, and says "Fresh!". As if you'd actually do that...

'Over the years I've learned a thing or two about what makes a great sandwich.'

Yea, so have I Rachel, **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

No Nonsense.ie especially annoying. At the butchers. ''I'm bacon'' ''I'm freisian Moo'' Just Feck Off! Is that the voice of Deirdre O'Kane? Or someone equally annoying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

This thread seems like a marketing survey.

Advertisement