Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol prices on the UP AGAIN

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

It'd be nice to go to a forecourt and be able to buy diesel. :mad::mad:
    It's not that great really. Cheaper, yes. But not by much. There are two cars in my house and one is a band-b diesel but does a fair few km per week. Resulting fuel bill is about 60-70 euro.
    The other is a pre 08 diesel but is 1.4L. That does similar km per week but costs 25 euro per week (and rising...). Overall i am still paying a lot for fuel but the small diesel is stopping it from being mental.
    Still hurting so don't feel too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

mike65 wrote: »

Taxi driver Philip Campbell said the news spread like wildfire through his profession. But by the time he got there the prices had been put back up.
    "I heard about it out at the airport and came the whole way in but the gardai had closed it."
    He added: "It would have been about half the price I normally pay, so it would have made a huge difference."

it would have been about half the price he normally pays!?!? so theres people out there spending 199.8 cent a litre now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Stinicker wrote: »
    I'm over here in Malaysia at the moment, Petrol costs around 2MYR (48c/litre) and Gas around 0.8 (20c/litre).
    It means that in Malaysia petrol is substidised or sold at cost at the very least. It would be silly to expect that sort of kindness in Ireland or anywhere in EU...

Advertisement