Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Will try my best to wait a few weeks to let the episodes build up first - too hard to go back to a "episode a week model"!

Yup.. That's my plan too, watching one a week is painful.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Netflix adding Breaking Bad week by week from August 12th (day after States)

Will try my best to wait a few weeks to let the episodes build up first - too hard to go back to a "episode a week model"!

Thats great news, was willing to wait for it to show up on there anyway as they were quite quick to get the first half, but it would still have been ages away.

Hope they keep this kind of thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Follow up:

http://www.inquisitr.com/867852/netflix-promises-movies-arent-getting-cropped-on-purpose/
    I was watching Samsara last night on my PS3 (an amazing film visually, btw). It was playing in medium HD. I saw it in the cinema, and I know it was shot in super HD.

I think you're internet connection determines if you get something in either standard HD or Super HD, so I'd check your connection here. Click on 'begin test' and it'll tell you your speed.

I've been told you need to have at least 10mbps to receive Super HD, though I can't confirm the exact speed. I'm no expert though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Yup.. That's my plan too, watching one a week is painful.

yeah but it's too hard to avoid spoilers on facebook, twitter, boards etc. someone knob will always ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,727 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

krudler wrote: »
    yeah but it's too hard to avoid spoilers on facebook, twitter, boards etc. someone knob will always ruin it.

Its possible. I'm not on Facebook:eek: Can live without Twitter and just stay well clear of the Tv forums on here.

But my own curiosity will probably be my downfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The Hobbit coming August 8th

Avengers Assemble coming soon too!

Both Irish Netflix

That's pretty cool, Avengers has been on the US one for a while, wonder does it fall under the Disney deal netflix have, suppose it would really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Netflix adding Breaking Bad week by week from August 12th (day after States)
    Is this in all networks or just the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Barna77 wrote: »

Ireland ... not sure about US. Probably Ireland/UK only as Netflix have the exclusive here - ie it's not on any tv network (bar TG4). I am guessing that TG4 won't get new season for a while

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Barna77 wrote: »

Just Ireland AFAIK, AMC has exclusive first rights to show it and stream it in the states.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

What with recent issues with my us and canadian visas Ive been sticking with home recently and have to say its improving and improving. I think a lot of people who tried it for a month on launch and left would be suprised now.

Ireland ... not sure about US. Probably Ireland/UK only as Netflix have the exclusive here - ie it's not on any tv network (bar TG4). I am guessing that TG4 won't get new season for a while
    Loughc wrote: »
    Just Ireland AFAIK, AMC has exclusive first rights to show it and stream it in the states.
    Ah cool. I'm on Canadian one, but can change it anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

"The Reich Underground" on US Netflix is good. Its about the huge bunkers and factories built underground by the Nazis and forced labourers during WW2 due to the Allies bombing missions. Some are almost underground towns and one is still in use by Germany's military today.

For any fans of the excellent LCD Soundsystem, "Shut Up and Play The Hits" is on US Flix.

Also on Canada. my Friday evening sorted

Also, started watching Orange is the new black. Liking it, but the opening song is awfully annoying....

Life of Pi is also now on Canada netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Some great additions to irish flix since I last watched it, a couple of Alan Partridge series, QI, Close Encounters and a load of others, probably 500% better than its first few months over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

On US Netflix season 2 of Alphas has been added.

Also, a little late to the party compared to Irish Netflix but, the first part of season 5 of Breaking Bad is finally there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Some great additions to irish flix since I last watched it, a couple of Alan Partridge series, QI, Close Encounters and a load of others, probably 500% better than its first few months over here.

Yeah, annoyingly they've removed Lost whilst i'm mid way through a watch-through of that. I might have to resort to watching the DVDS.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

anybody know of any good sites like instantwatcher so you can see a listings of films and shows on the irish netflix ??

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    anybody know of any good sites like instantwatcher so you can see a listings of films and shows on the irish netflix ??

Not really in the vein of IW but this blog updates daily with new arrivals and has a current a to z listing .

http://netflixukcompletelist.blogspot.ie/

Also has blogs for all other Netflix accesible by clicking on the flags to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Footoo wrote: »
    Not really in the vein of IW but this blog updates daily with new arrivals and has a current a to z listing .

http://netflixukcompletelist.blogspot.ie/

Also has blogs for all other Netflix accesible by clicking on the flags to the right.

thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭corroonb

The Breakfast Club and Event Horizon were recently added to the US Netflix. Event Horizon is not as good as I remember but the Breakfast Club is as good as ever.

Event Horizon's aspect ratio looks weird, anyone else find the same?

gotta love the suggestions "because you watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit? here's Law & Order Special Victims Unit" :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    Event Horizon's aspect ratio looks weird, anyone else find the same?

I just watched it and looked alright to me

Watched Downfall for the first time the whole way through there last night on the Irish flix, what a perfect movie the acting is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Baraka is one of my favourites. I saw Samsara in the cinema, better to see it on the big screen if you ever get a chance. Visually incredible, stunning. Watched it again on Netflix tonight, great that it's been added.

Wow I had only ever watched Baraka on a crap wrong aspect CRT TV ..SO last night I gave it a go on a 40" Samsung Smart TV with S Sound ....:eek:

It makes amazing 70mm viewing with those long tracking shots along with the great .soundtrack.

(I became a fan of Dead Can Dance years ago as a result of viewing it )

Have Samsara lined up for Tonights viewing pleasure !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Watched Oldboy on Irish Netflix all I can say is WOW what a brilliant movie! Can't really see the point of Spike Lee's remake tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Watched Oldboy on Irish Netflix all I can say is WOW what a brilliant movie! Can't really see the point of Spike Lee's remake tbh.

I can't see the point of remakes of 99% of films apart from laziness, lack of creativity and a misguided attempt to cash in, I mean "The Day The Earth Stood Still" with Keanu Reeves?" Go **** yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Airplane! is now on Irish Netflix.

Go on, you know you want to.

• Advertisement

Wereghost wrote: »
    Airplane! is now on Irish Netflix.

Go on, you know you want to.

Surely you cant be serious?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement