Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Robbie Williams at his best
    Did you let him entertain you?

Did you let him entertain you?

LOL well spotted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Barna77 wrote: »
    Addicted to Archer at the moment. It's just brilliant

"Lana...Lana....LANNNAAA!!!"
    "What?!"
    "......danger zone!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Finally got around to watching Christopher Nolan's Insomnia last night. Quite a good thriller, with a few of Noaln's iconic twist and turns, with great performances from Pacino and Williams. The Prestige, however, still remains my favourite Nolan film outside the Batman trilogy. Can't wait to see what Interstellar brings!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I'm loving It's Always Sunny at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

All 3 seasons of Love Hate added to the US Netflix. All in HD too. The artwork is awful though with Aiden Gillen on his own just sitting on a bench with a tacky ITV logo on top. Makes it look really cheap. Would've been better using the image from the boxset with Darren, Nidge and Johnboy. Since when does ITV have anything to do with it? I thought CH5 had the rights in the UK. Surely Netflix would've bought it off RTE in any event?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

RTE sold the show's distribution rights to ITV's distribution arm, who market and distribute the show internationally, which RTE wouldn't be able to do by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

My List which lets you save titles to watch later is coming to the UK & Ire Netflix inside the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

My List which lets you save titles to watch later is coming to the UK & Ire Netflix inside the next 2 weeks.

:confused: am i missing something? I've had list functionality on irish Netflix across PC and PS3 for months now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Is the jump queue or something?

Because it's not working on mine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's "rolling out". Everyone everywhere should have it within the next fortnight.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    grimm2005 wrote: »
    :confused: am i missing something? I've had list functionality on irish Netflix across PC and PS3 for months now

Did you set up your account while you had the access to the american catalog enabled? I seem to remember people saying you could get it if you did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

grimm2005 wrote: »

Just got it today. It was the one thing I felt was really needed! No more entering movies/shows into notepad! :)

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you set up your account while you had the access to the american catalog enabled? I seem to remember people saying you could get it if you did that.

Nah, I only opened an account when it launched here, started using US etc, a couple of months in. The list feature popped up on my irish PS3/website around start of this year I reckon. Had full functionality with it on my Irish account but it was nowhere to be seen on other territories websites but I did get a completely broken version of it for other territories on PS3 where I could add titles to my list but not delete them, so I stuck to using it for UK/Ireland.

I'm guessing they gave it to a small number of users for testing purposes but I was never notified of it, it just appeared one day. I assumed everyone had it!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

'My List' is working for the Irish Netflix on my Iphone app but not appearing on the Windows 8 app or the normal desktop version.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Pinkman wrote: »
    'My List' is working for the Irish Netflix on my Iphone app but not appearing on the Windows 8 app or the normal desktop version.:confused:

I have it tonight on Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Have My List on the Windows 7 desktop version (Irish Netflix). i'm only on a free trial. Doesn't seem to appear on the US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

My list is working now on PC. Haven't noticed it on Xbox or smart devices yet though. Makes things handy for sure.

Also spotted Sinister hitting the Irish Netflix. Been looking forward to watching that for awhile. Added to "My List" now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Might there be problems using the list feature if you're watching content from multiple regional versions of Netflix? And obviously I mean if you watch the Irish version here at home, and a foreign version whilst travelling in that country.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

on the ps3, how does the my list thing actually work? its on mine but how do you add stuff to it? theres no option to when i open a video its just gives the standard play/resume/rate stuff

• Advertisement

Might there be problems using the list feature if you're watching content from multiple regional versions of Netflix? And obviously I mean if you watch the Irish version here at home, and a foreign version whilst travelling in that country.

It should just give you a separate list for each region but I've had problems with it in that I can make lists for any region on PS3 but regions other then UK/Ireland I cannot remove from list, only add to list and the list doesn't appear and there's no sign of any list functionality on the website. Works perfectly on both devices when keeping to the IE/UK catalogue though. Might start working properly between regions though now that it's been rolled out properly.
    on the ps3, how does the my list thing actually work? its on mine but how do you add stuff to it? theres no option to when i open a video its just gives the standard play/resume/rate stuff

Dunno what the story there is, you should have an option to "Add to List". Maybe they just haven't rolled it out to you yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

My List and the different users accounts working here on the Wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

2012 Dredd is on Flix US now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My International passport is being declined alot lately on ps3 luckily its still working on airxbox and wii airlines :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Watched it last night. Thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

If you enjoyed that make sure you watch the movie it was based on " the raid "

osheen wrote: »

Actually the script for Freed was written before that of The Raid and both films were in production at the sane time. Had Freed got released when it was supposed to, it would have been out before The Raid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

osheen wrote: »

I hope this isn't the legacy for Dredd: that it'll be falsely known as the film that copied The Raid, when in fact it was the comic adaptation that came first (it just got swallowed in development hell)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah ya beat me to it , they just happen to come out around the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Brilliant film - good to see the 2000AD artwork and ideas getting a serious release.

As Darko previously posted, if you liked it, be sure to have a look at the fan-film, Judge Minty (youtube, vimeo). The Cursed Earth never looked so good. :D Great stuff, a lot of work gone into it and released free! Worth supporting / sharing if you're a fan I think.

judge-minty.jpg?w=627&h=391

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement