Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,294 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't know how long it's been there, and it's been on the US one for a while, but the absolutely brilliant Holy Motors is buried in the foreign film section on the Irish store, complete with Artificial Eye's amusingly awful cover art (seemingly to trick Kylie Minogue enthusiasts into watching it :pac:)

Watched HM over Xmas, wasn't my cup of tea to be honest.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Lelantos wrote: »
    How did i never come to watch Firefly before now?! Does anyone know if the movie Serendipity appears on Irish Netflix at times? Doesn't seem to be there at the moment

Serendipity is a crappy rom com with John Cusack, I think you mean Serenity :D

It's not on the Irish Netflix, might be on the American one though I'm not sure. The blu ray is pretty cheap online though and you won't regret it, it's a real emotional rollercoaster after watching the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Serendipity is a crappy rom com with John Cusack, I think you mean Serenity :D

It's not on the Irish Netflix, might be on the American one though I'm not sure. The blu ray is pretty cheap online though and you won't regret it, it's a real emotional rollercoaster after watching the series.

Lol, I should watch my auto correct more closely, thanks for that, must try & pick it up somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hit and Run is a pretty funny movie with a good soundtrack, surprised me..there's even a reward for watching the closing credits ; )

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lelantos wrote: »
    Lol, I should watch my auto correct more closely, thanks for that, must try & pick it up somewhere

I just check there and it's definitely on US netflix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Really think they should be having a bigger selection of classic and foreign classic movies,

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Really think they should be having a bigger selection of classic and foreign classic movies,

Indeed,it'd be nice having HD versions of older movies, probably all down to do with the licensing though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Watched "Elite Squad: Enemy Within" the other day, spotted it on the Irish store. Fantastic Brazillian crime film, best thing I have seen in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Choochtown

2 recommendations from me for Irish Netflix:

Little White Lies: A French movie about a group of friends. Manages to be both funny and poignant. The opening scene is a brilliant piece of filmatography that appears to have been done in 1 shot. My favourite Netflix movie to date.

Underbelly: Australian gangster series based on a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Choochtown wrote: »
    2 recommendations from me for Irish Netflix:

Little White Lies: A French movie about a group of friends. Manages to be both funny and poignant. The opening scene is a brilliant piece of filmatography that appears to have been done in 1 shot. My favourite Netflix movie to date.

Underbelly: Australian gangster series based on a true story.

You should check out the brilliant Australian crime drama also based on a true story so, called "Animal Kingdom".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

You should check out the brilliant Australian crime drama also based on a true story so, called "Animal Kingdom".
    Yeah, that's a great film, I'd recommend it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Can't find that. Is it on Irish Netflix or another region?

It's not on any of them afaik.

Sorry, I meant in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I see the french ART film "Holy Motors" has been added to Irish Region.

90% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/holy_motors/

DominoDub wrote: »
    I see the french ART film "Holy Motors" has been added to Irish Region.

90% http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/holy_motors/

I finally got around to watching that last night. Intriguing. Worth a viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I finally got around to watching that last night. Intriguing. Worth a viewing.

Saw it about 3 months back, then went to Paris and saw a beggar identical to M. Oscars first character with the short crutch and her head bent over and arm outstretched with the cup - freaky, but I guess the director/writer must have seen her too.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Watched "Elite Squad: Enemy Within" the other day, spotted it on the Irish store. Fantastic Brazillian crime film, best thing I have seen in months.

Great film, enemy within is the second film though. The first one isn't on Netflix unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

The second season of The Killing (Danish version) has been added to the Irish catalogue. The wrong time of year for it but looking forward to seeing what happens next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

CSI:NY Season 1-8 has been added to US Netflix for anyone into psychologically abusing themselves with awful writing......

The Truman Show which is in my top 3 Carrey films has been added and Jim Sheridan's The Boxer starring Daniel Day Lewis. Haven't seen The Boxer but it sounds relatively good and Truman is somewhat of a classic.

• Advertisement

Netflix Ireland is finally beginning to rock, they've added really good stuff like "Battlestar" and (Danish) "The Killing" plus gems like " Run Lola Run" recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Like Documentaries??

The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters on the Irish 'Flix..... Billy Mitchell must go down as the biggest egotistical idiot ever captured on Film.

Cringing but an absolute must-watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia is worth a watch. ( US netflix)
    Found it shockingly entertaining, alot of WTF moments.

Withnail And I, on US Netflix. I've seen it a load of times down the years, but when I discovered it and pressed play, I couldn't stop watching it. A joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

Some suggest a good action/thriller on Irish Netflix for me to watch tonight??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    Some suggest a good action/thriller on Irish Netflix for me to watch tonight??

Cape Fear with Robert De Niro and Nick Nolte. A few years old now but still brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ryaner1979

moz wrote: »
    Cape Fear with Robert De Niro and Nick Nolte. A few years old now but still brilliant.

Great film but have seen it a few times. Anyone anything else for me??

ryaner1979 wrote: »
    Great film but have seen it a few times. Anyone anything else for me??

If you don't mind subtitles give Headhunters a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

The US netflix seems to be acting up again, whenever I go to play something I get the message "This title is not available to watch instantly".

• Advertisement

The US netflix seems to be acting up again, whenever I go to play something I get the message "This title is not available to watch instantly".

Canadian one working fine for me at the moment.

The Sessions has been added to the Canadian site, could be on the US one too but I've not checked (EDIT: looked it up on moreflicks and it's only on the canadian one). Great film with a brilliant performance by John Hawkes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement