Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Don't know if its just coincidence but I got the Xbox dashboard update earlier on and Netflix has worked perfectly since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Skin I live In.

Not sure what to make of it, strange, unsettling, downright disturbing, but compelling and well made with a fine performance from Antionio Bandaras.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone else getting a lot of Node/227 errors lately, any idea what's causing it, can't watch anything right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Anyone else getting a lot of Node/227 errors lately, any idea what's causing it, can't watch anything right now.

From what I am reading online Netflix are trying to find ways to stop people using US ip address's from outside the US this is what is causing the Node 227 and also the downtime Netflix has been having this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

From what I am reading online Netflix are trying to find ways to stop people using US ip address's from outside the US this is what is causing the Node 227 and also the downtime Netflix has been having this week..

*snip* I keep hitting refresh and it's finally after letting me in to watch the lazarus project.
    This problem is worse on my computer than my revue, the revue nearly always works I was using it earlier.
    Hopefully they don't find a way to stop us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Twas a good ride while it lasted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: OK everyone, enough is enough. No more discussion about regional workarounds or the technical issues related to regional workarounds. If you're having problems, I'm sure your service provider will keep you updated on what's happening. Recommendations only from here on in, as is this thread's main purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Mod note: OK everyone, enough is enough. No more discussion about regional workarounds or the technical issues related to regional workarounds. If you're having problems, I'm sure your service provider will keep you updated on what's happening. Recommendations only from here on in, as is this thread's main purpose.

Any chance of seperating the thread into Ireland Netflix recommendations versus US recommendations?

Nothing worse than somebody recommending something, checking Netflix site and finding out it's US only.

It's a great thread otherwise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Any chance of seperating the thread into Ireland Netflix recommendations versus US recommendations?

Nothing worse than somebody recommending something, checking Netflix site and finding out it's US only.

It's a great thread otherwise :)

Agreed, so annoying

Temaz wrote: »
    Agreed, so annoying

Except people say which one its on all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think the point is people don't want to see recommendations that can't get. Telling them where it is, doesn't really help.

I don't watch much TV so I've not seen much of whats on the Irish Netflix. How often does it get updated? For me theres a ton of stuff to watch. Enjoyed watching, Dune in HD the other night. Theres also a series the children of Dune, but lost interest in that after 10 mins.

Started watching Outnumbered which was funny until I realised it was so close to my own existence that it stopped being funny. Recovered with some Red Dwarf.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    As long as someone says which one it's on i don't see the problem, what if they put it as the post title like I have just done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats a call for the mod.

I watched this, which was interesting. But I've been there years ago which is why I had an interest in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Island_President

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We've had the same discussion before, and given there's already quite a bit of overlap between this and the 'what have you watched recently' thread, another thread would be one too many.

As long as people specify what region the recommendation they're referring to is on, I don't think there's any major problem. Sure there's always plenty of other ways to track down a film if it sounds like your cup of tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭bajer100

Is Modern Family available on the American Netflix? I can see the first two seasons on the Irish Netflix, but not on the American Netflix. But a friend of mine swears that she has been watching Modern Family on the US Netflix!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

bajer100 wrote: »
    Is Modern Family available on the American Netflix? I can see the first two seasons on the Irish Netflix, but not on the American Netflix. But a friend of mine swears that she has been watching Modern Family on the US Netflix!

No Modern Family showing when I search American Netflix.

The excellent silent homage "The Artist" on US Netflix now. :cool:

The Artist now added to US Netflix.

adox wrote: »
    The Artist now added to US Netflix.

Old news mate :D

Old news mate :D

Oh crap is it?;)

Instantwatcher has it as been added today. :o

Edit: Just saw your post that schnuck in before mine!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Stuck on "Whatever Works" (on Netflix Canada) the Woody Allen film with Larry David, truly appalling, I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes, its like a first time film maker made a film with all the Woody Allen archetypes and cliches in it, also Davids acting (and I love Curb) is appalling, avoid at all costs. Instead I watched the brilliant "Breach" (Netflix Canada) with the always excellent Chris Cooper as a traitorous FBI agent in a film based on the true story of the most damaging spy in US History who was caught in 2001, thoroughly recommend it.

Delighted to see the great Hirokazu Koreeda's (After Life, Still Walking, Nobody Knows) latest film I Wish has been added to US Netflix. I've been looking forward to seeing it for months, but there's still no sign of an Irish release. I am very much looking forward to checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mirror Mirror is on US Netflix now. I refuse to watch anything with Julia Roberts in it but someone on here might like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bringthethunder

Nighty Night is a real funny British sitcom, well worth a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Is there a thread for technical difficulties? I can't connect to Netflix us on ps3 right now..... Tates to try again or return to xmb

shortys94 wrote: »
    Is there a thread for technical difficulties? I can't connect to Netflix us on ps3 right now..... Tates to try again or return to xmb

Uninstall and re- install it if you are having problems.

Monsieur Lazhar, one of this year's best films, has been added to Netflix US. A clever, unusual subversion of the tired old 'inspirational teacher' subgenre.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Monsieur Lazhar, one of this year's best films, has been added to Netflix US. A clever, unusual subversion of the tired old 'inspirational teacher' subgenre.

Local film club had a screening a month ago, missed it due to flu. Looking forward to seeing it now.

Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil is on Irish Netflix now, just in time for Holloween. Very funny movie, don't watch the trailer though as it spoils all the gags.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil is on Irish Netflix now, just in time for Holloween. Very funny movie, don't watch the trailer though as it spoils all the gags.

It's a great laugh. Really enjoyed it.

Also a heads up for Breaking Bad season 5 available on Irish Netflix from tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement