Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Just watched Get The Gringo on the US one I had thought Mel Gibson was past it with all the troubles he has been though in the last years but I really enjoyed the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    My pirating has reduced greatly since I started using it. Used to download 3 or 4 movies a month, in the last 4 months I'd say I've only downloaded 1. If it wasn't for the fact NF doesn't HBO stuff I probably wouldn't download at all and the new HBO stuff is on Sky Atlantic anyway. I'm quite happy to wait until next year to see Breaking Bad Season 5 rather than download it now. Hopefully they'll get it quicker than they got season 4.

I'd happily pay for legal downloads of stuff like Game of Thrones or BB every week, or like a once off payment for a season pass or something, I'm amazed more tv shows dont have it, its win win for the producers, people who are fans can see it without having to wait months or pirate. you can get HBO Go but you need to be a HBO customer to begin with, which defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is The Skin I Live In worth watching? I'm not a horror movie fan but the trailer was interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is The Skin I Live In worth watching? I'm not a horror movie fan but the trailer was interesting.

Posted about it the other day: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81125701&postcount=679

Full thread about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056273707

It's not really a horror, by the way. Melodramatic thriller, maybe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Skin I Live In was one of my favourite films of last year. In terms of genre, it's a bit of everything. Part sex thriller, part horror, part melodrama, part black comedy. The less you know about it in advance the better.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    Felt like some more time travel after Looper and had been meaning to watch it for quite a while anyway so I watched Timecrimes this evening.

Thought it was brilliant, knew next to nothing about it so had no idea where it was going. Everything seemingly fit together so well, it was so well thought out in the way
    everything the protagonist did played right into how everything played out earlier in the movie, like all the paradoxes were well in place before the film started if you get what I mean.
    It's nowhere near as much of a mind**** as Primer(which I must rewatch soon) but there's still plenty to chew on. Highly recommended.
    That stone cold hottie sure got the short end of the stick though :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    I'd happily pay for legal downloads of stuff like Game of Thrones or BB every week, or like a once off payment for a season pass or something, I'm amazed more tv shows dont have it, its win win for the producers, people who are fans can see it without having to wait months or pirate. you can get HBO Go but you need to be a HBO customer to begin with, which defeats the purpose.

HBO are bringing a streaming service to Europe, only scandinavia at first though but surely they intend to eventually be available in all of europe.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058484

HBO are bringing a streaming service to Europe, only scandinavia at first though but surely they intend to eventually be available in all of europe.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118058484

They have their multi year deal with Sky here though with Sky Atlantic not sure Sky will allow them to stream here while that deal is in place.

They have their multi year deal with Sky here though with Sky Atlantic not sure Sky will allow them to stream here while that deal is in place.

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just happened tonight. Can get in and browse everything on PS3 but when I try and play a programme/film it says:

"Netflix is not available in your location. For more information and assistance, visit support.netflix.com/en/node/277"

Anyone else?

• Advertisement

Just happened tonight. Can get in and browse everything on PS3 but when I try and play a programme/film it says:

"Netflix is not available in your location. For more information and assistance, visit support.netflix.com/en/node/277"

Anyone else?

working fine on Xbox and PC. Will check PS3 in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone else?

Mine is the same on Xbox. Only happened because it was fine around 10:30.

Seems to be happening elsewhere on all devices:

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/questions/560020-netflix-is-not-available-in-your-location

I deleted reinstalled and re- signed in, no luck.

came back for 20 secs then gone again.

Should add that I has to restart the app on the Xbox a few times before it signed in but that's not uncommon.

Seems to be back now, enjoy, all.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I think it was mentioned before but The Grey is a fantastic film!

Breaking Bad season 5 has been announced for the 1st of November. Delighted they managed to get it so quickly, though I would have to wait until april or May!

Watched a great and really well made documentary called Style Wars from 1983, its about the graffiti movement with a bit of b boy stuff thrown in, some great characters and amazing shots of how rundown NY was back then, thoroughly recommend it.

Breaking Bad season 5 has been announced for the 1st of November. Delighted they managed to get it so quickly, though I would have to wait until april or May!

No way! That is brilliant. I thought for sure like you we wouldn't get it till next May at the earliest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Obviously not on Irish Netflix though?! Just US?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

balfe1990 wrote: »

Just found the link!
    Brilliant news!

Sweden and Denmark now have a Netflix they also have a better catalogue :( Just shows what a strangle hold Sky has on the Market here and the UK. :(

balfe1990 wrote: »

Nope, I think the Irish one is actually getting it first this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Just signed up to Netflix yesterday as we got a new TV (Smart TV) and have it in-built. Very handy. Watched Two documentaries last night (Elmo: A puppeteers Story and Trekkies) At the minute I'm watching Bowling For Columbine. I was a bit hesitant about getting Netflix but I've been pleasantly surprised. Good selection of documentaries and movies to suit everyone's taste.

If anyone hasn't seen it, Bowling for Columbine is amazing at showing how stupid and trigger happy Americans really are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Sweden and Denmark now have a Netflix they also have a better catalogue :( Just shows what a strangle hold Sky has on the Market here and the UK. :(

A joke the way sky Ireland sewn up.. I remember a few years ago rte would have the sopranos and other hbo shows on as well as lost.. now there would'nt be a hope in hell of rte having those rights,

as far as netflixs goes it does'nt bother me, as I use the american version as well as the Irish one..

Watched "The Killer Inside Me" last night, excellent neo noir, Affleck and the guy who played his boss 'Bob" (Tom Bower) were fantastic, Hudson and Alba's characters on the other hand could have been played by any 2 bit actresses. Just two unbelievable bits though, wouldn't Alba's character have at least
    put her hands up in front of her face when she was attacked
    and there is no way that they would have let her
    walk over to him in the house on her own at the end
    . Plus you would have thought that would have been suspicious
    about all that gasoline smell
    . Overall though fantastic and it looked great, re the violence, Tarantino and Scorcese are 100 times worse for fetishising extreme violence, Winterbottom was showing the reality of what happens and it was only really 2 scenes out of a whole film.

I watched Punisher: Warzone lastnight, god it was awful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I watched Punisher: Warzone lastnight, god it was awful :D

but so hilariously violent :pac:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    but so hilariously violent :pac:

No doubt, as bad as it was I'd be lying if I didn't find it enjoyable on some level. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement