Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

Does anyone have that site which has the full listings of the IRL Netflix catalogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Does anyone have that site which has the full listings of the IRL Netflix catalogue?

There was one with UK/Irl listings but its offline now.

Season 4 of Breaking bad was added to the US netflix today!!!

Looking forward to watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

season 4 breaking bad added today

thats made my day.. tryed to continue watching after season 3 on link but some were poor quality links so i just left it..

gonna get stuck into it next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Separate threads for film & TV
    was going to wait myself but it became a matter of sanity almost to be up to date before the new series came out :D had to watch the dodgy links...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

its been months since i watched it.. so gonna need a recap.. i watched the first 3 episoes of season 4 but got pished off buffering them so gonna watch them again...
    cant wait for a breaking bad marathon next weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭akaspike

Watched Dreams of a Life tonight. Interesting yet sad documentary about how one lady had died in London and no one had discovered her body (in her flat) until 3 years later http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1819513/
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec/15/dreams-of-a-life-film-review

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I like killing flies is a nice little documentary on US Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

For anybody that has an LG smart Tv there is a new update this morning and it adds the Netflix app to the premium content :)

If i signed up to Netflix and i move to the US , will my US IP address automatically kick me into the US Netflix ?? Because it sounds alot better and probably worth moving for .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

If i signed up to Netflix and i move to the US , will my US IP address automatically kick me into the US Netflix ?? Because it sounds alot better and probably worth moving for .

Yeah. It checks your IP to see where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Season 4 of Breaking bad was added to the US netflix today!!!

Looking forward to watching it.

the end of the season is absolutely phenomenal, jaw dropping television. and season 5 started Sunday night, welcome back Mr White :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

krudler wrote: »
    the end of the season is absolutely phenomenal, jaw dropping television. and season 5 started Sunday night, welcome back Mr White :D

Thinking about starting to watch this, is it worth the effort >?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Patsy fyre wrote: »

I started season 1 ages ago and not finished it yet, started watching it again today though, seems to be picking up now. Its very very very good, I think you just have to give it a few episodes to properly get into it. Its always the case with TV shows like this I find.

Patsy fyre wrote: »

its not an instantly rewarding show it takes a few eps to build up, its slow in places and very character driven but is very dark humour at times, its worth the effort though, once events are set in place and by the time it gets to season 3/4 its riveting stuff. I'm not exaggerating when I say season 4 has one of the best season finales of a tv show ever. ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

a bunch of lads i know, who are very much into their tv and movies like me, say breaking bad is absolute must see tv. admittedly, they say it takes a little while to get into. i literally started episode 1, season 1 today. may watch 2 eps later to get things moving

a bunch of lads i know, who are very much into their tv and movies like me, say breaking bad is absolute must see tv. admittedly, they say it takes a little while to get into. i literally started episode 1, season 1 today. may watch 2 eps later to get things moving

It does, give it the first few eps at least, but once the characters are set and the premise starts evolving its really rewarding, its not without its lulls but when sh1t hits the fan its really nail biting stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

watched three more episodes today, one left in season 1 now. Think I'm starting to get hooked. He's like a super-hero, and his powers are chemistry.
    Fulminated mercury
    :D

Mickeroo wrote: »
    watched three more episodes today, one left in season 1 now. Think I'm starting to get hooked. He's like a super-hero, and his powers are chemistry.
    Fulminated mercury

it just gets better and better as it goes on, keep with it. you'll thank me once you see season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Fulminated mercury

it just gets better and better as it goes on, keep with it. you'll thank me once you see season 4.

He won't i'm wrecked today after watching 10 episodes last night !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh how how I wish I had all of Breaking Bad to re-experience. It's very good, smart television for the first two seasons, but in season three it will blow your ****ing mind.

I just noticed Tran Anh Hung's visually potent but emotionally removed adaptation of Norwegian Wood is up in the US. It's a disappointing adaptation, but has some of the finest, most hypnotic cinematography of recent years. Story of the lucky fellow torn between the quirky, unreasonably gorgeous Kiko Mizuhara and Hollywood favourite / manic depressive Rinko Kikuchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

right, 2 episodes into breaking bad season 1. quite gripping so far, particularly the pilot. i reckon by this time next week ill nearly be done with season 2!

Oh how how I wish I had all of Breaking Bad to re-experience. It's very good, smart television for the first two seasons, but in season three it will blow your ****ing mind.

and then it gets better, its going to be a looong wait between episodes watching it week to week now that season 5 is back, I prefer to plough through stuff at my own pace, this one episode at a time thing is torture. :pac:

and then it gets better, its going to be a looong wait between episodes watching it week to week now that season 5 is back, I prefer to plough through stuff at my own pace, this one episode at a time thing is torture. :pac:

Yeah, did that for the first time in years with Game of Thrones Season 2. The wait between episodes is a sickener!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Witness to Jonestown

This is on US Netflix and is about the mass suicide by Jim Jones cult. The final half hour is simply stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Just about to start watching boys in da hood,

On a side note does anyone have a roku box? Thinking about purchasing one for Netflix as its only 50 pounds on amazon for the lt, with a simple interface

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

shortys94 wrote: »
    On a side note does anyone have a roku box? Thinking about purchasing one for Netflix as its only 50 pounds on amazon for the lt, with a simple interface
    I have one but to be honest I dont use it at all as its fairly inconvenient to set up the US version on and you can’t really switch between the US & Irish versions so I just stick with the PS3. Also, I dont think the search on it is as good as other players as you cant seem to search by an actors name. Oh, and for TV series rather than showing you say Season 02 and then listing the episodes for just that season it shows every episode of every season in one long list so thats kinda crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

JohnK wrote: »
    I have one but to be honest I dont use it at all as its fairly inconvenient to set up the US version on and you can’t really switch between the US & Irish versions so I just stick with the PS3. Also, I dont think the search on it is as good as other players as you cant seem to search by an actors name. Oh, and for TV series rather than showing you say Season 02 and then listing the episodes for just that season it shows every episode of every season in one long list so thats kinda crap.

That would be an ecumenical matter.

I've read good reviews of the Ruko, are they your only issues? As the interchange between US and Irish is not an issue for me, I would just stick with US, and I use www.instantwatcher.com for browsing....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Honestly, how many times do we have to say it :confused: No discussion of how to do regional workarounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I'm sure this has been asked over & over again about their lack of content in different genres etc...

I'm in my first day of the free month & first impressions are pretty good, but a lack in Live Music concerts has annoyed me.

I wonder will they improve on this in the future?

Thoughts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement