Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

new series on US Netflix called "Awake"

Its very good, worth a watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Separate threads for film & TV
    Watch the original, "out of date in terms of some discoveries, but fantastic and not a "Hollywood" presentation like the new one, Sagan was brilliant, couldn't watch the new version.

The original Cosmos is one of the best shows ever. The new one isn't a scratch on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

ukoda wrote: »
    new series on US Netflix called "Awake"

Its very good, worth a watch
    It's such a shame that the American audience didn't take to it. It had such potential. Loved it.
    That show happened around the same time as another 1 season wonder called Terriers. Yet to see that one though up on Netflix.

It's such a shame that the American audience didn't take to it. It had such potential. Loved it.
    That show happened around the same time as another 1 season wonder called Terriers. Yet to see that one though up on Netflix.

Terriers has been on various Netflix regions for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Terriers has been on various Netflix regions for years.
    Suppose I never looked really, but never saw it over the years either. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Dark Knight Returns and American Beauty on the Canadian 'Flix too.

Apparently Gravity, Iron Man 3 and Deadwood (HBO series???) are coming to the Nordic Netflix this month too!

http://www.flixfilm.dk/nyt-pa-netflix-i-september/

Silver Lining Playbook, Killing Them Softly and Bad Grandpa coming to the US Netflix this Ming, amongst others: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/netflix-september-2014_n_5744388.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Started watching the French crime drama 'spiral' last night, pretty good, watched 3 eps in one sitting. I turned it on this evening and all bar the fourth season have been removed! Ffs, I wish they could post up how many days left if things are being taken down.

Started watching the French crime drama 'spiral' last night, pretty good, watched 3 eps in one sitting. I turned it on this evening and all bar the fourth season have been removed! Ffs, I wish they could post up how many days left if things are being taken down.

If a show is expiring soon or series going to be taken down it'll tell you when it's occurring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If a show is expiring soon or series going to be taken down it'll tell you when it's occurring.

Where does it show that? I didn't notice anything on the preview screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Best film I've seen in a while on Netflix or other. ....Hannah Arendt , not to be missed

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ah crap, watched the first 2 seasons a while back and was planning to get back into it :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

bloodsport added to us netflix

fighttastic

Dman001 wrote: »
    The Dark Knight Returns and American Beauty on the Canadian 'Flix too.

Apparently Gravity, Iron Man 3 and Deadwood (HBO series???) are coming to the Nordic Netflix this month too!

http://www.flixfilm.dk/nyt-pa-netflix-i-september/

Silver Lining Playbook, Killing Them Softly and Bad Grandpa coming to the US Netflix this Ming, amongst others: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/31/netflix-september-2014_n_5744388.html

gravity has been added to sky movies in the uk which normally means it starts hitting some netflix regions other than the uk and irish

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

woo-hoo all seasons of Californication up on US Netflix!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

delboy85 wrote: »
    "Happy Valley" added to Netflix Canada.
    Is that the recent BBC one? An amazing show, if so.
    delboy85 wrote: »
    Yep. Great show. Thought Sarah Lancashire was outstanding in it.

I would have passed this by if not for this thread.

Turned it on this morning 3 episodes in already will finish it today.

It really is good so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I would have passed this by if not for this thread.

Turned it on this morning 3 episodes in already will finish it today.

It really is good so far.

There was a thread for it in the TV section when it was airing on BBC and every week there were people reading the thread then going off to catch up and then watching "live" that week. A real word of mouth show.

There was a thread for it in the TV section when it was airing on BBC and every week there were people reading the thread then going off to catch up and then watching "live" that week. A real word of mouth show.

It really was amazing.

Give Sarah Lancashire the BAFA right now I don't think anyone can come close to her this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

The Adventures of TinTin Seasons 1-3 now on Netflix UK/Ireland

BwiyM1VCYAAigcp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Is there any place that gives a list of recent additions? Dont fancy spending half hour looking through the database, sifting through the usual stuff.

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is there any place that gives a list of recent additions? Dont fancy spending half hour looking through the database, sifting through the usual stuff.

http://netflix.maft.uk/ is good for the UK/Ireland Netflix. Tells you what's been added and what's due to expire and when.

• Advertisement

It really was amazing.

Give Sarah Lancashire the BAFA right now I don't think anyone can come close to her this year.

I thought Maxine Peake was very good in The Village last year and thought she may give Lancashire a run for her money but the new series of The Village hasn't been quite on par with last year, so yeah... give it to Lancashire now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Deco99 wrote: »

http://www.moreflicks.com

Often suggested here, because it's good. Has listing for newly arrived and also soon to depart for netflix and few other streaming services you can pick and choose from. Also tells you what region of netflix is showing each film/series.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deadwood seasons 1-3 will be added to the Danish site on the 15th :eek:

Gravity and Iron Man 3 also getting added in the next few weeks.

I just read they've already bought the rights to the Batman prequel tv series Gotham.= too.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Gravity and Iron Man 3 also getting added in the next few weeks.

I just read they've already bought the rights to the Batman prequel tv series Gotham.= too.

I think Deadwood (CBS) is like Rome (BBC) a co-production.

EDIT; Not CBS but Paramount Televison co-production.

From Wikipedia.
    All three seasons are available on DVD and Blu-ray. HBO was responsible for the North American releases, while Paramount Home Entertainment handled international distribution—the latter being a byproduct of CBS Studios International (the successor-in-interest to the television unit of Paramount Pictures) handling worldwide TV distribution for the series (as Paramount Television co-produced the series with HBO)

I think Deadwood (CBS)is like Rome (BBC) a co-production.

Yeah I was thinking it must be for them to get it. I'm delighted anyway as I've never actually seen it.

Yeah I was thinking it must be for them to get it. I'm delighted anyway as I've never actually seen it.

You are in for a treat then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I watched the first episode of Deadwood but never caught the rest so very happy about this.

The batman sequel prequel 'Gotham ' is coming to netflix 2015 , channel 5 nabbed the rights in the uk to show it on tv

http://deadline.com/2014/09/gotham-netflix-deal-826991/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sweeet, been meaning to rewatch it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The Dark Knight Rises is on the Canadian Netflix now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement