Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Separate threads for film & TV
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Really?

Doesnt do it on my tablet.

It's just some platforms it doesn't do it on my Apple tv or PS4.

I have read it does on Xbox and PS3. I have know Idea why it's not across them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

It does on somethings. If I watch on my laptop using chrome it does, The PS3 does as well I think.

This is called A/B testing. Some regions/platforms have different layouts. Then people at Netflix monitor usage and feedback to see what works best.

I would assume this particular feature may make them look bad - advertising them losing content. But as a user i would like to see it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's just some platforms it doesn't do it on my Apple tv or PS4.

I have read it does on Xbox and PS3. I have know Idea why it's not across them all.

never noticed it yet on ps3 and 360 where i do the majority of my viewing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just finished V on the Canadian Netflix. Another Sci-Fi I would recommend. Sadly it was cancelled so you have to be prepared for a cliff hanger ending.

Is it a re-make of the original or completely different? Can't you just go back and watch that?

sweetie wrote: »
    never noticed it yet on ps3 and 360 where i do the majority of my viewing

If you use My List or Queue the available until date is underneath the cover picture on my laptop using chrome.

I think as was said in a post above maybe they can't/don't want to give out to many details of when there contracts expire. This would give other companies time to get bids in against them for new contracts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Got any recommendations for some good Phycological Thrillers?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Got any recommendations for some good Phycological Thrillers?

Angel Heart is on Canada if you haven't seen it.

The Conversation is on US.

Angel Heart is on Canada if you haven't seen it.

Im on Irish

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Im on Irish

Shutter Island, House at the End of the Street & Flightplan.

If you type Psychological Thriller into the search box they will list off films and tv series.

Shutter Island, House at the End of the Street & Flightplan.

If you type Psychological Thriller into the search box they will list off films and tv series.

Seen them all think its time I switched to American, didn't know you could search movie types, nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Synode wrote: »
    Is it a re-make of the original or completely different? Can't you just go back and watch that?

Its different enough as far as I know, the Vs are up to something else in the new series.
    Will look into it and see just how different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I was hooked on the original as a kid. Loved it. Must go back and watch it again as I haven't seen it in years

Netflix Belgium starts on September 19th and it looks like a number of others regions will be coming along soon.

These include France, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg and Switzerland by the looks of it.

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/09/08/netflix-faces-headwinds-in-its-european-push/

These regions go live on Monday by all accounts I have read for those who are interested.

I wouldn't expect much on the German and French ones at first as those Countries already have huge pay tv deals in place already for American/reast of the world tv and movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

It does on somethings. If I watch on my laptop using chrome it does, The PS3 does as well I think.

I've never seen it on PS3.

Get rid of their algorithms and the category rubbish is what they need to do. And let me look through an a-z of films, directors, actors etc.

Non-English language titles in non-English speaking regions tend not to have English subs which is a bit lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've not seen it on PS3 in terms of a list of content about to go but I remember when I was watching Lost on the UK/Ireland store and they had lost the rights it would say 'available until.....' on the screen where you hit 'play'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've not seen it on PS3 in terms of a list of content about to go but I remember when I was watching Lost on the UK/Ireland store and they had lost the rights it would say 'available until.....' on the screen where you hit 'play'.

yea i was looking forward to watching lost and then it was gone. vanished in the middle of the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Roquentin wrote: »
    yea i was looking forward to watching lost and then it was gone. vanished in the middle of the night

Now isn't that ironic :rolleyes:

Now isn't that ironic :rolleyes:

yea i bet someone could get on some remote island somewhere, but not on netflix ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lost is gone!:eek:

Woah Netflix is really bleeding content lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Turtwig wrote: »
    Lost is gone!:eek:

Woah Netflix is really bleeding content lately.

or is it :)

• Advertisement

netflix is down

Roquentin wrote: »
    netflix is down

Working fine for me.

Working fine for me.

must be just mine. will refresh and see

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is arrested development any good?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The first three seasons are some of the funniest TV I've ever seen. The 4th season made by Netflix is decent enough but not up to the same standard.

epic. best comedy i have ever seen. thats comparing it with seinfeld, CYE, father ted, alan partridge and more

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The first three seasons are some of the funniest TV I've ever seen. The 4th season made by Netflix is decent enough but not up to the same standard.

the good thing is though there are lots of episodes in those three seasons

gob-bluth.jpg

9c4a81abc61cde3c07bf26ec85d3f0fb.jpg

final one

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's brilliant, it takes a few episodes to get into it but once you do it's hilarious from start to finish. Subtle (well not always) jokes and razor sharp comic timing from nearly all the cast.

• Advertisement

All 3 seasons of Deadwood are now up on Netflix Netherlands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement