Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 13 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I didn't disconnect and I refuse to confirm a 0-3? The final whistle blew at the half way line and I was in a rush as I had a few things to do before MOTD. I quit after the final whistle blew meaning it wasn't a DC and I just turned my Xbox off.

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 3
    RESULT: Spurs (Shanooo92) 2 - 3 Barcelona (Parawind)

Was the correct result. Insulted that you tried to claim a DC after final whistle blew to get a +3 goal difference.

Well the whistle never blew and the game registered as a 3-0, which is what happens when you disconnect before the final whistle(check the results). I don't care about goal difference, i was simply following the rules. This has also been a problem in past seasons with people disconnecting at the end of games when they are frustrated as an attempt to annoy their oponents. The reason we play in this league is to avoid these type of things that are all too common in ranked matches.

See Here:
    1) Disconnections:
    No player is allowed to intentionally disconnect for any reason. Any disconnections during a league game must be made known to the league co-ordinators. However, accidental disconnections do occur and the rules have been written to take this into account. If a player disconnects while they are winning, a rematch is immediately scheduled. However, if a player disconnects while drawing or losing the game, a walkover is awarded to the other player. Each player is responsible for their own connection. These rules are final and the cause of the disconnect is irrelevant once it occurs, no exceptions will be given so do not contact players directly looking for a rematch.

Ask anyone on here, i am a very fair player. I play by the rules and simply expect my oponents too aswell.
    Never so pissed off at a fúcking result in my life. Ugh robbed.

Frankly i was insulted that you didn't have the time to finish the game but did manage to find time to get on here and make that post. Can't have been in that much of a rush. :rolleyes:

Treble11 beat me 3-0 earlier on and while i was annoyed at losing, i played to the very end and didn't come on here bitching about losing. Sometimes games go against you and you might feel aggrieved but as they say thats football.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Any tips on defending lads? Im getting a good few goals myself but my leakage of easy goals is killing me! Any tips would be much appreciated!

Hold A. Simple as :P

Also, try to block off passes and don't dive in loads!

Alternatively ask BassmanMurph for some tips. I don't see anyone scoring more than 1 or 2 goals against him this season! Defends like the AI :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Cjayses wrote: »
    Alternatively ask BassmanMurph for some tips. I don't see anyone scoring more than 1 or 2 goals against him this season! Defends like the AI pacman.gif

I don't mean to brag but
    jamescd wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: Gameweek 2
    RESULT: Manchester City (jamescd) 4 - 1 Arsenal (Moiph)

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Oh wait... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Parawind wrote: »
    Well the whistle never blew and the game registered as a 3-0, which is what happens when you disconnect before the final whistle(check the results). I don't care about goal difference, i was simply following the rules. This has also been a problem in past seasons with people disconnecting at the end of games when they are frustrated as an attempt to annoy their oponents. The reason we play in this league is to avoid these type of things that are all too common in ranked matches.

See Here:

Ask anyone on here, i am a very fair player. I play by the rules and simply expect my oponents too aswell.

Frankly i was insulted that you didn't have the time to finish the game but did manage to find time to get on here and make that post. Can't have been in that much of a rush. :rolleyes:

Treble11 beat me 3-0 earlier on and while i was annoyed at losing, i played to the very end and didn't come on here bitching about losing. Sometimes games go against you and you might feel aggrieved but as they say thats football.

The game probably registered as 3-0 because I didn't go through the stats or whatever, but fine have it your way. We both know I should of won that but Hey that's life, C'est la vie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

The game probably registered as 3-0 because I didn't go through the stats or whatever, but fine have it your way. We both know I should of won that but Hey that's life, C'est la vie.

Well don't worry you'll have your chance to put it right later in the season.

Villareal, Real Madrid or Juve on at any time today?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Parawind wrote: »
    Well don't worry you'll have your chance to put it right later in the season.

I'll look forward to it mate

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Another game, another defeat. (sigh)

Can't buy a win with Atl Madrid. Players are just so sloooow its ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Looking for Real Madrid in Championship.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zefer wrote: »
    Another game, another defeat. (sigh)

Can't buy a win with Atl Madrid. Players are just so sloooow its ridiculous

I've to play you this week with City. I'm round most evenings around 9-10. Any idea when you'll be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've to play you this week with City. I'm round most evenings around 9-10. Any idea when you'll be on?

I should be on tonight about 10 to give you 3 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I'll be on in the afternoon for an hour. Real Madrid in championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Has anyone ever played Dufflecoatxbox in the championship? hes man utd doesnt seem to be around

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hes on pretty much every night...

rondeco wrote: »
    I'll be on in the afternoon for an hour. Real Madrid in championship

Be on anytime tonight from 10ish onwards?

I'm Milan. Away most of Saturday and Sunday but I'm off work on the Thursday if you're a round? Other than that I can only do nights.

I'm Milan in the premiership, will be going on now, need to play Real Madrid and Villareal.

@rondeco: I've added you on xbox. What times are you on? I'll be away most of the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Bayern Munich on tonight if Liverpool, Man City or Barcelona are on in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

should be on tonight alright, barcelona in the championship

• Advertisement

rondeco was online, but when i went on he went off a few seconds later... :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Two lads i've to play were on but went off pretty soon afterwards.

i won't be around till about 2 tomorrow lunchtime and i'll be away saturday and sunday then. game will probably back log a while by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Two lads i've to play were on but went off pretty soon afterwards.

I was on last night between ten and eleven and played 2 of my 3 matches but must of missed you. I won't be on tonight and wouldn't imagine I'll be on tomorrow (unless its early in the morning) but I'm on most week nights around 9 or ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So lads come on wheres the banter who's gonna win the league ?? Is there anyone in particular you're looking forward to getting another crack at !

Games too strung out for me. I can understand why at times but I haven't played a league game since last weekend I think. Doesn't do anything for that 'excitement' unfortunately.

So lads come on wheres the banter who's gonna win the league ?? Is there anyone in particular you're looking forward to getting another crack at !

I'm going to destroy Mister Robinson in our rematch, because, and I can't confirm this, he has a romantic abnormality that must be hidden from the public eye at all times, something to do with fish.

Anyway, I will try to avenge all of my defeats, which are many. So look out! Eh... Everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I'm playing dire at the moment, on h2h too, had to drop to using 4 star teams. I just can't cope with playing Ibra, Messi, Ronaldo every game. Chelsea are dire for a 5 star team. There are 3 star teams with more movement!

Shame I can't do the same here! Palmero ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Same still no game for me since last friday so when the fixtures do come out im bursting to play lol , There is 2 games i didn't win in my 1st round of games so far im mad to play against again !! Can't be saying who though lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Sacramento wrote: »
    I'm going to destroy Mister Robinson in our rematch, because, and I can't confirm this, he has a romantic abnormality that must be hidden from the public eye at all times, something to do with fish.

Anyway, I will try to avenge all of my defeats, which are many. So look out! Eh... Everyone.

I've suffered my only defeat against you.

So look out you ! :D

Advertisement