Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 13 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

I've had loads of goals scored on my when the keeper has passed to an attacker standing in front of the keeper didnt realise there was any rule against that just thought it was your own fault if you risked it instead of taking a long kick out.

tbh I dont see anything wrong with what dufflecoat did.

Im talking about the one where dufflecoat ran across the gk when taking a kick from his hands...thats poor form. Dont think ive seen the AI run across the GK so I can only assume it was manually controlled.

Also with the ones where someone hits it short...sometimes it can be someone skipping the replays....happens a LOT. When Hokem, Parawind, Cashel play we always give the ball back to the other player if he does this because as decent players its normally just a misclick as its a silly thing to do for 90% of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I don't see a problem with scoring from a keeper's attempted short pass. If the pass is successful it's a handy way of retaining possession and building from the back, rather than just booting it downfield. So it makes sense that there's an element of risk to it and I always try and make sure the coast is clear before attempting it. Of course I've let in countless goals this way over the years :)

I don't agree with blocking the keeper though, and that is against the rules I think. Even if Duffle didnt mean to do it, I think the fair thing would have been to score an OG, he was a few goals in front at that stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I agree with osh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

The one with the 'keeper kicking it out short doesn't break rules as far as I'm concerned. But when I get it as the attacker from someone else, I try to run it to the corner area, or up the field, so I keep possession, but give him time to reset after the mess up. As mentioned above, more of a good gesture I reckon.

But the running across the 'keeper one is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

Axwell also said on the matter,
    Just a note to everyone in the league - moving a player in front of the goalkeeper during a kick out hoping to block the ball down and get a cheap goal isn't sporting play. Anyone found trying to score goals from it will be sent packing from the league quicker than you can Andre Villas-Boas.

Very much looking forward to this rematch!!

Edit: Ah ****! Gotta play unbeaten Liverpool twice this gameweek :-P

Good to see fixtures out sooner too! :D

Axwell Quote:

Anyone found trying to score goals from it will be sent packing from the league quicker than you can Andre Villas-Boas.

Andre Villas-Boas :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Chelsea twice this week for me

Hope you're still off form :D

Should be on and off this evening if you're about

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I'm Liverpool, coming online now for a bit... will be back tonight around 11 too :)

As for this whole goal scoring fiasco, just don't play a short kick-out and everyone wins? *except for the loser of the match :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Still to play Dufflecoat this week im assuming he's man united il be on about 10 or so tonight :D Dortmund here

Also if Athletico are around got you twice this week ,and Barca my 1st return game up for all these tonight who ever is on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Laggy game, beat him first time round 5-0...this game it was laggy and I lost 3-2...pretty much the reason way I lost. Couldnt get 4 passes in row or defend (considering I dont hold A like most people, holding LT and trying to defend in lag is nigh on impossible).

1) It was a bit laggy for me too.

2) I was stoned in the first game, didn't make an excuse about it

3) You had 2 shots and scored 2 goals.

• Advertisement

2) I was stoned in the first game, didn't make an excuse about it

:P

You should have said, I msgd you and got no reply so I presumed you were fine with it. Lag affects those of us who dont LB and Y a lot more than those who do ;)

2) I was stoned in the first game, didn't make an excuse about it - Like someone forced you to take illegal substances ;)

Yeah creating more was the problem with the bad lag

Keano! wrote: »
    :P

I only brought it up there as he brought the result up implying that he was expecting the same walk over again. In the match report I simply said no excuses as it was the exact same lag as this game. But then again nobody complains of lag when they win ey? :P

I only brought it up there as he brought the result up implying that he was expecting the same walk over again. In the match report I simply said no excuses as it was the exact same lag as this game. But then again nobody complains of lag when they win ey? :P

I do believe it was 0-0 when I 'complained' of the lag ;)

You should have said, I msgd you and got no reply so I presumed you were fine with it. Lag affects those of us who dont LB and Y a lot more than those who do ;)

2) I was stoned in the first game, didn't make an excuse about it - Like someone forced you to take illegal substances ;)

Yeah creating more was the problem with the bad lag

I didn't reply as It was the same as the first game mate, so i just figured our connections didn't like each other..

And ehmm... doctors advice to take it. cough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've got you this week and was on around ten last night. I'll be on tonight around ten again.

Axwell/Mr Moon, can anything be worked out for me while I'm away? I'm away from March 31st to April 14th so pretty much two weeks.

I'm up to date with my games to date. Just have Liverpool to play this week.

Yeah, fire ahead and play them. Just let the guy your playing know what the deal is.

As far as this goal Duffle scored, it sounds to me as if he was taking a quick kick out and the ball hit his player as he was running away, ball bounced off him and he tapped it in, the rule we have is that he can't stand in front of the keeper waiting to kick the ball, if this happens anyone just save the replay and we'll know for sure then.

End of chat on this, anyone else want to talk about it can bring it to PM

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im away till Tuesday night if anyones looking to play me.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

I'm unavailable until at least sunday night. Sorry about this.

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 4
    RESULT: Chelsea (youreadthis) 3 - 0 Bayern Munich (Mr Moon)

Great win. I set up to sit deep and counter and worked well. It's a bit strange he's blamed lag for all 3 goals, one was a cross and a header in, which is just luck, my player was in the right place to header in that's all, could have happened in zero lag. First goal was just a counter goal when I went clean through and the formation I used means you get at least 1 or 2 1v1's in a game. Also it was Sturridge who's lightening anyway. The only way to defend it properly is to sit deep which he didn't. Third goal I countered up the left wing and put in a low cross for Frank to superbly finish. There were no defenders near him as it was a fast counter attack.

It's not like my players scored by vanishing and lagging past challenges in the penalty area past defenders with lead boots.

Also his passing stats were better than mine and he created some ok chances too so couldn't be that bad tbh. Bit rude to just blame lag when you've been outplayed and lost your first game.

My passing stats are always going to be good, it's a big part of how I play. The lag meant that I couldn't make that killer pass to create that chance I need.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to my game against Cjaysus, he beat me in the first game in the 90th minute really need a win from this game!

Are we able to play the games against others in the league that we are due to play or do we have to wait for the fixtures?

Else it's a weeks wait till my next League game :o

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

After this weekend I won't be around until Easter Monday

Can I play the fixtures for the next 2 gameweeks?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Keano! wrote: »
    Are we able to play the games against others in the league that we are due to play or do we have to wait for the fixtures?

Else it's a weeks wait till my next League game :o

You wait for the fixtures as has been clearly stated unless there is a specific reason such as being away on holidays.

Town Man wrote: »
    After this weekend I won't be around until Easter Monday

Can I play the fixtures for the next 2 gameweeks?

Yes, this weeks and next weeks. Just let the person you are playing know you have permission and make sure to post the results up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah, fire ahead and play them. Just let the guy your playing know what the deal is.

Can you let me know who I'm due to play over the next two gameweeks? I'll only play people I'd have fixtures against over the next two gameweeks while I'm away. I'm back on 15th so its only 2 weeks I'm missing.

I also have Madrid (Rondeco) and Liverpool (Sync) to play. Sync we haven't played last week's game and Rondeco is this week's.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Can you let me know who I'm due to play over the next two gameweeks? I'll only play people I'd have fixtures against over the next two gameweeks while I'm away. I'm back on 15th so its only 2 weeks I'm missing.

I also have Madrid (Rondeco) and Liverpool (Sync) to play. Sync we haven't played last week's game and Rondeco is this week's.

http://boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com/

Whatever you have left from this week then

30th March:
    Napoli
    Borrusia Dortmund
    Man United

6th April :
    AC Milan
    Arsenal
    Atletico Madrid

I'm available to play you most night lemlin just message me if you see me on

I'm available to play you most night lemlin just message me if you see me on

I should be on tonight. I had hoped to get on last night but didn't get a chance. I'm away from Saturday for the two weeks so want to try and fit in as many games as I can this week.

Anyone I don't get playing, I'll ensure I play when I get back after the weekend of the 14th/15th.

• Advertisement

Was on a few times last night and nobody seemed to be on. Brianregan09 was online but watching Netflix.

I have to play:

Liverpool (GW 4)
    Madrid (GW5)

and then to get ahead on fixtures before I go:

30th March:
    Napoli
    Borrusia Dortmund
    Man United

6th April :
    AC Milan
    Arsenal
    Atletico Madrid

I'll try and get online tonight but tonight and tomorrow night will be my last night's as I've the pub Friday night, the wedding Saturday and then away for two weeks.

If I don't get playing people, I'll catch up when I get back the week of the 15th of April.

Advertisement