Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 13 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options

Comments

jamescd wrote: »
    I've suffered my only defeat against you.

So look out you ! :D

I can be really good sometimes, but when I concede a few I tend to hit the self destruct button.

Also, I'm devastated I lost Taiwo in the update.

Just saw the fixtures there and I'm playing Chelsea twice this gameweek, that a mistake or?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Nope I'm playing Spurs twice this week as well. That's just the way the fixtures are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ok will be on tonight if Man u, Milan or Arsenal are about for a game 3 big games for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Nope I'm playing Spurs twice this week as well. That's just the way the fixtures are

You around now mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

haha! That keano doesn't half love himself!

Here's his match review of when he hammered me.

'Dominated throughout and won very comfortably. Not sure how he managed to find two goals however. Three of my goals were pretty sensational I felt. Opener was an incredible volley on the turn from Nesta after a corner was whipped in. Then I fired a thunderbolt of a free all of 35 yards plus, around his wall and into the top corner beating Casillas. Little later a swift counter attack was finished with a delicate chip over his 'keeper. Also scored a penalty with Abiatti when he hacked me down from behind when I was through one on one with Ibhra.

Good game anyway, rain was a little annoying but I'm back to my best I feel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

rondeco wrote: »

'Dominated throughout and won very comfortably. Not sure how he managed to find two goals however. Three of my goals were pretty sensational I felt. Opener was an incredible volley on the turn from Nesta after a corner was whipped in. Then I fired a thunderbolt of a free all of 35 yards plus, around his wall and into the top corner beating Casillas. Little later a swift counter attack was finished with a delicate chip over his 'keeper. Also scored a penalty with Abiatti when he hacked me down from behind when I was through one on one with Ibhra.

Good game anyway, rain was a little annoying but I'm back to my best I feel now.

Lmao there's no need of that, when it comes to a hammering, nobody cares about what happened in the game... I only like reading the descriptions when it's a close match :) See can I learn something about the opponent haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

rondeco wrote: »

:confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Arsenal in the Championship on now for a bit.

Spurs, Real Madrid, Napoli and Dortmund to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Inter in championship on now

Have to play Barca, Bayern and Man City this gameweek if you're about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

AAAAAhhh begining to curse myself every week im the same play one fantastic game and then even out with a junior soccer performance this Dortmund side will be the death of me im calling Man City for next season lol :P

GG JamesUCD, well played, you deserved the first win. Match report was spot on. Defending against Augero is tough work, handled it much better in second match. Joe hart was a savior in the second match. Well done mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

GG JamesUCD, well played, you deserved the first win. Match report was spot on. Defending against Augero is tough work, handled it much better in second match. Joe hart was a savior in the second match. Well done mate.

Cheere mate. Joe Hart was man of the match in the 2nd one even though Aguero scored a hat-trick, that says it all ! You definitely deserved at least a point in that one

Cheere mate. Joe Hart was man of the match in the 2nd one even though Aguero scored a hat-trick, that says it all ! You definitely deserved at least a point in that one

Aye felt I deserved a point to, but I can see you winning the league anyway says considering the 4-0 win, which could of gone a very different way you seem to be getting the results

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Word has it Mr Moon was last seen in Cambodia avoiding our game. He didn't want to play me last week with my superb 12 goals scored, 3 against stats so hopefully he'll turn up this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

I have lost all ability to play fifa 12. I lost 3 games in a row now and gave 2 of them their first wins, and on online h2h I've lost something like 10 times in 12 games. I can't score or defend against people who are good or people who are bad.

I've just lost it! I think it's mental as I was playing well before!

Need a sports physiatrist. :D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Cjayses

Inter in the premiership on for a couple of hours!

looking for man utd in the championship lads.... never really see him on though :-/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hes on practically every night, hes on right now. Have you added him on your friends list?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lemlin wrote: »
    Word has it Mr Moon was last seen in Cambodia avoiding our game. He didn't want to play me last week with my superb 12 goals scored, 3 against stats so hopefully he'll turn up this week :D

Ha, can't believe you got a draw just as I'd won the game :(

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Ha, can't believe you got a draw just as I'd won the game :(

A draw was deserved but I thought I could of grabbed it at the end. The ref blew just when Aguero was taking off down the left wing :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lemlin wrote: »
    A draw was deserved but I thought I could of grabbed it at the end. The ref blew just when Aguero was taking off down the left wing :eek:

He should've blew up before you got to my box to win a peno :p

Axwell wrote: »
    Hes on practically every night, hes on right now. Have you added him on your friends list?

Yep, he's on my friends list. I'll try again later tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

To anyone looking to play me (Liverpool) I should be on again tomorrow night... had a busy week... so haven't had a chance to be on :)

Milan in the premiership just about to get on now, I have Chelsea, Man Utd, Villareal and Real Madrid to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Keano! wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: 4
    RESULT: AC Milan (Keano!) 3-6 Man Utd (Dufflecoatsunri)

Properly pissed off about that game to be honest really. Basically, four pretty petty goals from United. His first, stood on my defender at a kick-out and as the keeper took a quick one, he tapped it in (which as posted here recently was frowned upon). Second goal just one of those things, keeper scrambles it off the line and he bundles it in, just. Third goal, he hit the post, rebound falls for a tap-in. Fourth was the worst, runs across my keeper taking a kick from his hands, ball falls to him, and he has an open net. Rest were fine goals. But in general, trying to square across the box on attacks for simple goals, slide tackles all over the shop.

Mega rant but it's frustrating when I never felt like I was out of depth at all. Hit the crossbar 3 times too which continues my tradition of woodwork hitting.

/rant

Glad to see you took it so well.

Slide tackles, yes, there was plenty but no fouls and no cards, so please explain the problem here.

As for getting tap ins, I was shooting and your keeper was making great saves, its unlucky when they fall to the opponent.

You threw one ball out straight to my attacker and I scored, am I supposed to give it back to you? You made a mistake and were duly punished, dont see a problem with what I did.

Another, you attempted to kick the ball out as Hernandez was leaving the box and it hit him and I scored. If I had intentionally blocked you, I would be in the wrong but I did not and I took the gift of a goal. If this is against the rules, I was not aware.

4 PETTY goals you said. 2 MISTAKES by you which I capitalised on, but how were my other goals PETTY?? Because I scored and you didnt clear the ball???????????

You said "But in general, trying to square across the box on attacks for simple goals" - Is there now a requirement that all goals have to be crackers hit from outside the box?? Again, not aware of this. My objective was to get the ball over the line more times than you. Objective achieved.

If I had of known about this "Hit the crossbar 3 times too which continues my tradition of woodwork hitting." I would have made sure I had wider goal posts put in for you to avoid you getting so annoyed... :o)

No rules broken as far as I am concerned and for a good player like yourself, learning to lose might be something you could work on.

I would also like to inform anyone reading that the score was 6-1after 88 minutes so it was not like the game was on a knife edge.

/RANT :o)

Sync wrote: »
    To anyone looking to play me (Liverpool) I should be on again tomorrow night... had a busy week... so haven't had a chance to be on :)

I've got you this week and was on around ten last night. I'll be on tonight around ten again.

Axwell/Mr Moon, can anything be worked out for me while I'm away? I'm away from March 31st to April 14th so pretty much two weeks.

I'm up to date with my games to date. Just have Liverpool to play this week.

Glad to see you took it so well.

Slide tackles, yes, there was plenty but no fouls and no cards, so please explain the problem here.

Ruins the aspect of the game, everyone can see that. Not saying there shouldn't be any, but every time I turn a slide comes in etc.

As for getting tap ins, I was shooting and your keeper was making great saves, its unlucky when they fall to the opponent.

You threw one ball out straight to my attacker and I scored, am I supposed to give it back to you? You made a mistake and were duly punished, dont see a problem with what I did.

It was said here recently by one of the mods that scoring those goals were frowned upon. Quickly skipping replays, hit the pass button and then you have an open goal. Fairly unsporting if you ask me, same as squaring across the box for noob goals I reckon.

Another, you attempted to kick the ball out as Hernandez was leaving the box and it hit him and I scored. If I had intentionally blocked you, I would be in the wrong but I did not and I took the gift of a goal. If this is against the rules, I was not aware.

Ball hadn't left the keeper, you run across me, knock it out of my control and have an open goal. It's a glitch which some people exploit. Not allowed in reality. Seen many players attempt it, Henry, Solskjaer and all blown up for a foul on the 'keeper.

4 PETTY goals you said. 2 MISTAKES by you which I capitalised on, but how were my other goals PETTY?? Because I scored and you didnt clear the ball???????????

1 which should have been disallowed, 1 which was fairly unsporting, 1 because my 'keeper decides to palm it rather than catch and then a rebound off the post. 4 pretty frustrating goals to concede.

You said "But in general, trying to square across the box on attacks for simple goals" - Is there now a requirement that all goals have to be crackers hit from outside the box?? Again, not aware of this. My objective was to get the ball over the line more times than you. Objective achieved.

Like I mentioned above, two players bearing down on the goal, have the ability to stick it past the 'keeper rather than squaring it. Gladly though I prevented you scoring any of these when you could easily have bent it around the 'keeper.

If I had of known about this "Hit the crossbar 3 times too which continues my tradition of woodwork hitting." I would have made sure I had wider goal posts put in for you to avoid you getting so annoyed... :o)

Hardly you're fault I hit the bar three times. Where did I say it was?? :confused: Three unlucky moments for me, happens.

No rules broken as far as I am concerned and for a good player like yourself, learning to lose might be something you could work on.

I'm able to take a beating but when you score two goals which are so frustrating

I would also like to inform anyone reading that the score was 6-1after 88 minutes so it was not like the game was on a knife edge.

1. Does it matter when you score? Be it 1st minute (where I missed a sitter) or the last minute.

2. Whereas you may have won the game ignoring the unfair goals, 6-1 would have been such an unfair scoreline for the chances and play I had, think you'd even admit that.

/RANT :o)

. . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

You are allowed to block the GK from kickouts??!!

Had to check the rules myself as I couldnt believe this, every league ive played in on loads of other sites there is a rule in place to stop this from happening. If I did it even accidentally I would score an OG...every time. Good Manners. Just shows the lack of foresight really.

Feel sorry for Keano, the scoreline would only have been changed by one goal but we all know that fifa momentum may have changed had that goal not gone in.

Fingers crossed next year the rules will be changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I've had loads of goals scored on my when the keeper has passed to an attacker standing in front of the keeper didnt realise there was any rule against that just thought it was your own fault if you risked it instead of taking a long kick out.

tbh I dont see anything wrong with what dufflecoat did.

Advertisement