Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby [Super 15] - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    So Tony McGahan is the new Rebels coach.

http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/News/ArticleDetails/tabid/270/ArticleID/9762/Default.aspx

Good choice, Hill did well but Rebels have to progress towards playoff contenders rather than being happy winning a few games a year. Whether McGahan can accomplish that in two years is another question, but I would be hopeful that the Rebels continue their upward trend.

Cheika v McGahan again too, surprised McGahan seemingly came off the much maligned wallaby coaching ticket smelling of roses

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

P_1 wrote: »
    Cheika v McGahan again too, surprised McGahan seemingly came off the much maligned wallaby coaching ticket smelling of roses

The defence was exceptional for the Wallabies in the 1st two tests, deserved to come out smell of roses

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Another good win for the 'Saders, another missed game cuz I'm in work. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

.ak wrote: »
    Another good win for the 'Saders, another missed game cuz I'm in work. :(

Crusaders had a lucky escape today and you didn't miss a classic by any means. 18-17 and my stream died and then the laptop....by the time I got back online it was 25-17 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Rebels v Highlanders is a very entertaining match so far, 7-7 after 10mins

• Advertisement

31-7 to the Highlanders, bonus point is wrapped up. Highlanders looking very good, still hard to understand why they have been so poor this year.

Rebels have staged a comeback, losing 28-34. 8 mins left for them to complete their comeback, they are dominant at this stage.

Rebels have scored in the corner, kick now to go ahead.

Woodward missed the kick, 33-34 to the Highlanders. 5 mins for the Rebels to find the winning score.

Highlanders get a penalty and go 33-37 ahead. Rebels have 2 and half minutes to score a try.

Sounds like a cracker...

• Advertisement

Rebels have scored, what a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Caught the second half. What a finish.

31-7 to the Highlanders, bonus point is wrapped up. Highlanders looking very good, still hard to understand why they have been so poor this year.
    Rebels have scored, what a game.

Some comeback!

Delve misses the conversion on his final game for the Rebels, Rebels win 38-37. Terrific 1st half for the Highlanders and a terrific 2nd half for the Rebels.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

31-7 to the Highlanders in the 1st half
    31-6 to the Rebels in the 2nd half

Sounds like an absolute belter

Delve misses the conversion on his final game for the Rebels, Rebels win 38-37. Terrific 1st half for the Highlanders and a terrific 2nd half for the Highlanders.

Dunno if they'd be thinking the same thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

I thought Delve was supposed to be doing well, can anyone tell me why he is being released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I thought Delve was supposed to be doing well, can anyone tell me why he is being released?

Rebels for the first 3 years were privately owned and were allowed greater financial backing to get them up on their feet. From next season I think they'll revert to being controlled by the ARU, so less money and I'll imagine the ARU will want Aussie players filling his position.

Has been great for them though. Wonder will he head back up north. He's only 30 I think so I doubt he'll retire.

There is an international marquee quota in Australia, Aussie sides are only allowed one international player. For the Rebels they were allowed to bring in 10 foreign imports on 2 year contracts, it was extended to 3 years for a number of players including Delve.

Delve is good enough to go back to Wales, but I imagine he might go to Japan to pick up a nice wage before retiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Crusaders missed the bonus point that would have put them ahead of the chiefs. Probably academic as the chiefs will surely get at least 1 point from their match with the blues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

For those wanting to keep an eye on future Irish personnel, GVDH and Kirchner are starting for their respective sides against one another tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Where is GVDH going?

He never got too much game time with the Stormers, but if we are losing Habana and him, wonder who will be our regular wings for next season, and their back-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jacovs wrote: »
    Where is GVDH going?

He never got too much game time with the Stormers, but if we are losing Habana and him, wonder who will be our regular wings for next season, and their back-ups.

Heavily believed to have signed for Munster, just not announced yet. Will be interesting to see how he goes as this will be his first start since March so has been hard to get a good look at him.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Anyone watch the rebels vs highlands? Incredible second half.

Must say JOC impressed at 10 when he came on, some smart touches. He benefited from a dominant pack. He did well to come back from a pretty tough week, it might be enough to attract some other offers apart from the Force.

Reds only just scraped it against the Waratahs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

That was a terrible game. How the Waratahs bottled it so many times at the end was amazing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Force surprisingly leading the Brumbies at HT.

The Force will be doing SA rugby a favour by beating the Brumbies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Just watching Blues v Chiefs highlights, bullshìt red card given out against the Blues.

And is Ben Tameifuna the new Ollie Le Roux?

Advertisement