Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rugby [Super 15] - General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

It was a great game - especially the final Crusaders score - and a far from cry from the dirge fest between the Aussies and the Lions. Lost money on it but somethings never change. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

If the Sharks can keep winning the Cheetahs can earn a playoff spot today with a win. Who are you up for Jacovs?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Ali Williams is such a hinderance to the Blues! He gives away too many pens, makes to many errors and has little influence on positive play. Are very lucky Lambie was majorly off form with the boot today! Blues up by 3 with 4 to go

He should have been penalised there too. Comical though, Deysel running around topless.

Unbelievable finish. The Sharks grab it right at the death after furious defense by the Blues. Blues only take 1 point from the game and the Cheetahs are 1 win from the playoffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Unbelievable finish. The Sharks grab it right at the death after furious defense by the Blues. Blues only take 1 point from the game and the Cheetahs are 1 win from the playoffs.

Cheetahs beat Stormers and you've earned yourself a knockout spot! Good luck!

Ref a bit picky at scrum time so far. Stormers definitely the favourites.

Ref a bit picky at scrum time so far. Stormers definitely the favourites.

Better luck next-time!

Looks like the 6th spot is still open for grabs.

Absolute disaster for the Cheetahs. So so poor at the set piece. Hardly had one good opportunity for the backs to play some rugby. A win against the Blues still sees us in, or a final week Blues loss.

Absolute disaster for the Cheetahs. So so poor at the set piece. Hardly had one good opportunity for the backs to play some rugby. A win against the Blues still sees us in, or a final week Blues loss.

Looks like you have to beat the Blues, and then it's out of your hands with the bye. If the Cheetahs can't make it, I'd like to see the Tahs there - love watching Folau play!

• Advertisement

Looks like you have to beat the Blues, and then it's out of your hands with the bye. If the Cheetahs can't make it, I'd like to see the Tahs there - love watching Folau play!

Waratahs have one game left to play and are already 2 points behind us, they're eliminated because of our 4 points from the bye. The Sharks can technically qualify but they'll have to win at Loftus. Even if we lose to the Blues they're underdogs against the Chiefs in the last round so we should go back ahead. Stormers could also make it if they pick up a bonus point or 2.

Waratahs have one game left to play and are already 2 points behind us, they're eliminated because of our 4 points from the bye. The Sharks can technically qualify but they'll have to win at Loftus. Even if we lose to the Blues they're underdogs against the Chiefs in the last round so we should go back ahead.

Cheers! Blues don't deserve to be there - it's been a good opening season for Sir JK, in that he's restored some pride, but they have definitely been middle-of-table stuff most of the season. Losing Rene Ranger for next season is a massive loss. Rumour has it that Dagg is on the move, maybe he's going to the Blues, although I'd rather suspect Hurricanes, given he's from Hawke's Bay.

Yeah in truth the Cheetahs should not have to worry about permutations and should go out and hockey the Blues. They have turned in some woeful performances recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Jacovs

If the Sharks can keep winning the Cheetahs can earn a playoff spot today with a win. Who are you up for Jacovs?
    Was busy in work and didnt even have time to follow the score on my phone.
    I know a win wouldve meant the Stormers still have a chance, but its still only a very slight chance. Id rather be sure the Cheetahs get in for sure though.
    But thats that then.
    Still hope the Cheetahs make it, but then they better make it to the semi finals at least.
    My family text me to say they were at Newlands in a private suite for the game. Mustve been nice.

Highlights of the Highlanders vs Crusaders game below. What a cracker! Dan Carter has really hit top form again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

That first try OMGGGG

Jacovs wrote: »
    Was busy in work and didnt even have time to follow the score on my phone.
    I know a win wouldve meant the Stormers still have a chance, but its still only a very slight chance. Id rather be sure the Cheetahs get in for sure though.
    But thats that then.
    Still hope the Cheetahs make it, but then they better make it to the semi finals at least.
    My family text me to say they were at Newlands in a private suite for the game. Mustve been nice.

Either vintage Stormers or pre-2013 Cheetahs, not sure which one turned up today. Kolisi had a great game and just about everything clicked for the Stormers. Cheetahs played horribly. Strauss was woeful throwing in, the all springbok squad front row of the Cheetahs was shoved back, and it seemed at times the forwards simply forgot about clearing out rucks. I think it's a little unjust the Cheetahs may make the playoffs, with any sort of form the Sharks and Stormers are better teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not Playing Tiddlywinks Vinny

Devastating news from Crusaders camp, Robbie Freuan is set to undergo more heart surgery. He requires a valve replacement. His cardiac function has deteriorated over the last 6 months. Could this be the end of a wonderfully gifted athlete?

Devastating news from Crusaders camp, Robbie Freuan is set to undergo more heart surgery. He requires a valve replacement. His cardiac function has deteriorated over the last 6 months. Could this be the end of a wonderfully gifted athlete?

Nah, he'll be back. His form had withered in recent times, so I hope the surgery will eventually see him back to his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Either vintage Stormers or pre-2013 Cheetahs, not sure which one turned up today. Kolisi had a great game and just about everything clicked for the Stormers. Cheetahs played horribly. Strauss was woeful throwing in, the all springbok squad front row of the Cheetahs was shoved back, and it seemed at times the forwards simply forgot about clearing out rucks. I think it's a little unjust the Cheetahs may make the playoffs, with any sort of form the Sharks and Stormers are better teams.
    Maybe its because the Cheetahs has an all Bok front row now. They played super rugby, went straight into the internationals and now back to super rugby, no break. The Stormers rested most of their players.
    The Stormers and Sharks have had plenty of chances in the play-offs. It looks like the Cheetahs have hit their slump at the wrong time, but they deserve a shot at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

terribly unfortunate news about fruean

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

I have always been a fan of the Crusader war machine despite living in Blues/Chiefs territory. If they win this weekend vs the chiefs they should go on to win. Especially with Dagg & Carter in form and a replenished Ritchie maybe and Read leading the pack with the Crockett/Franks brothers Romano. It is quite a disgustingly good side, the main reason for a mixed season being the average players in 9,11,12,13,14 (maybe Crotty the exception) but Dan Carter can carry the backline himself when on form.

Going to be a thrilling finish, can easily see the Bulls pulling it off aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Highlights of the Highlanders vs Crusaders game below. What a cracker! Dan Carter has really hit top form again. :D

Wow. Some of the best tries I've seen in XV all season. Shame it was a bit one sided.

Another cracking game going on between Crusaders and Chiefs. Crusaders leading 19-8 at the break. :D

Dagg and Read in for tries within 5 mins of restart. Score now 31-8 and Crusaders only need one more try for bonus point.

Carter has become first Super Rugby player to reach 1,500 points. :D

Crotty in for the bonus point try 36-8. Chiefs are in tatters. :D

Bleyendaal in for Crusaders 5th try which Dan Carter converts and 43-15 is the Full Time score. Magic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Why are the Crusaders always playing when I'm in work? :(

.ak wrote: »
    Why are the Crusaders always playing when I'm in work? :(

+1

• Advertisement

Bleyendaal in for Crusaders 5th try which Dan Carter converts and 43-15 is the Full Time score. Magic!!!

Yeah, Crusaders were fab, Dagg, Carter, Whitelock, Read outstanding, but the whole team stepped up. Still might have to fancy the Bulls for the title, as they seem destined now to get home advantage.

Should be a cracking knockout series.

Advertisement