Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll show you mine, mark 2 - No quoting pictures!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

innad wrote: »
    Crappy phone pic, but here's my latest addition, Anaesthesia from one of my favourite books, Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere :D
    By Paul Aherne

Here, let me help you get that up...

244876.JPG

Very nice BTW. Nice colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Crappy phone pic, but here's my latest addition, Anaesthesia from one of my favourite books, Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere :D
    By Paul Aherne

LOVE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

By Paul Aherne

Gorgeous. I'm absolutely loving all the characterised portraits coming from Paul and Anto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

By Paul Aherne

C'mon now, let's be having the dragon tattoo before it starts feeling left out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

By Paul Aherne

That is brilliant, I love the sadness in her eyes! Not that I love sadness, I just like the way the tattoo captures it... You get what I mean!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

murfinho wrote: »
    That is brilliant, I love the sadness in her eyes! Not that I love sadness, I just like the way the tattoo captures it... You get what I mean!! :D

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone, and thank you Please Kill Me for the help in posting the pic, I will get the hang of it eventually! :)

I did want to put up the dragon, but it's surprisingly difficult to take a photograph of something on one's own back :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I did want to put up the dragon, but it's surprisingly difficult to take a photograph of something on one's own back :confused:

Mirrors are your friend.......lots of mirrors....a MAZE of mirrors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭baron von something

very nice innad.i love neil gaimans work.on a side note a radio dramatization of neverwhere is starting tomorrow on bbc radio 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Simple but I do love it, was a nice way to ease myself into it I suppose :)

Tattoo_zps91d44fb4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

Here's my latest work - horizontal eyebrow piercings and 4mm conch

75023_511227515585219_1877386801_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Posted in another thread but i'll stick it here, my latest one, again the angle is off as i'm taking the pic with one hand over my shoulder, pic doesn't do it any justice really. Looks sweet when looking straight at it.

43051477134eab0f1363636532_zpsc3341e58.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Had this done yesterday in HolyShow (Navan), still about an hour of touching up to do

2013-03-21_23-27-07_1_zps356852a3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Auntie Psychotic

My 4th tattoo :) I really really love it :)

Each of the hearts is for a different friend who have always been there for me.

Done by Eamonn in Screwloose Nenagh

5mniEB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Got this yesterday from Sean in Zulu Tattoo. Been going to Zulu for 10 years now, proud to wear the shop logo. Huge respect to Sean and everyone at the shop
    20130324_094107_zpsf1a63e57.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

My second and third tattoo's:

8587026562_b5acff9f32_n.jpg

8587031968_19b7696875_n.jpg

Onto the fourth now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsHarlotDeVille

Perfume bottle.Start of my sleeve.
    Rob Mulligan,Colourworks Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Perfume bottle.Start of my sleeve.
    Rob Mulligan,Colourworks Temple Bar

Is that a white tattoo above it?

Swallow on stomach by Michele Prezioso

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Is that a white tattoo above it?

Yes,I have white butterflies on each arm.Done by Mono,8 years ago!

Matryoshka doll on thigh,by Tallulah Belle (London) at Dublin Convention '12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

This is my first tattoo that was finished last week by Kris at wildcat ink. Besides being really pretty and well done it is covering a huge scar(hip bone to hip bone) and at least half a dozen ugly strech marks and for that alone I will be eternally grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Garynev

Tattoo on left arm the day i got it done (2011)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Got this done today in Three Tides Tattoo, Osaka.

Hiroshi was the artist, and it was about 6 hours.

Frickin delighted!

(B + W to save all the bloooood :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Here's my sleeve I got done by Ross Daly from The Holy Cow in Midleton, Cork. Got it finished at the recent Cork Tattoo show where it won best big piece and best in show :D In and around 30 hours done already and I'm thinking of adding more. Hope yaw'll like :)

Also, credit to DixieGirls Tattoo Community for the pictures. Taking photo's of your own arm is surprisingly difficult :/

150483_386158001491196_150843716_n.jpg577798_386157978157865_1380000827_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Thought I had posted this before, obviously not. My first and to date, only tattoo. Got it done in Family Tattoo in Chicago, March 2011.

5j1el.jpg

I know dragons are somewhat common but I was born on the 17th Feb which started the Chinese year of the Dragon in '88 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The results of today's work (as usual my self photographing skills are abysmal)

2sEQe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Nice one mate. What's the full quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Dercola wrote: »
    Here's my sleeve I got done by Ross Daly from The Holy Cow in Midleton, Cork. Got it finished at the recent Cork Tattoo show where it won best big piece and best in show :D In and around 30 hours done already and I'm thinking of adding more. Hope yaw'll like :)

Also, credit to DixieGirls Tattoo Community for the pictures. Taking photo's of your own arm is surprisingly difficult :/

Congratulations, was this your own idea or the artist's? Or a collaboration?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nice one mate. What's the full quote?

Cheers man.

It's that John Stuart Mill quote I was on about a few weeks back. "Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign".

One more piece and the right arm will be finished for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

P_1 wrote: »
    Cheers man.

It's that John Stuart Mill quote I was on about a few weeks back. "Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign".

One more piece and the right arm will be finished for now.

Great quote!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement