Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll show you mine, mark 2 - No quoting pictures!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Second session done on my back, will get a pic up when I can.
    Deffo hit some very tender areas today :D

3-4 more sessions left still.

Here's a quick pic, took it last night, stuck a filter on it just to get it a bit clearer as the light was terrible.
    Starting to take a bit more shape, I've a very big back to fill given that I'm 6'8" :D
    Small spot on the pagoda not filled in cos had a small spot there :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

niallam wrote: »
    Here's a quick pic, took it last night, stuck a filter on it just to get it a bit clearer as the light was terrible.
    Starting to take a bit more shape, I've a very big back to fill given that I'm 6'8" :D
    Small spot on the pagoda not filled in cos had a small spot there :D lol

its looking good so far. whos doing it for you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That's looking great. Back sucks though ouch.

D3PO wrote: »

its looking good so far. whos doing it for you ?

A girl in Kells called Ami, still more mountains, few cranes (not the 200ft metal sort) and the lower stuff then, bridge, water etc etc to finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

niallam wrote: »
    A girl in Kells called Ami, still more mountains, few cranes (not the 200ft metal sort) and the lower stuff then, bridge, water etc etc to finish.

Don't know how, but I've heard of her. Good work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

photo-3_zps9c9f23c4.jpg

Ching from East Tattoo, was up in White Dragon again for a great days tattooing.

Thats one side done, my god it killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

That is just beautiful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Been meaning to put up a healed photo for a while, since I was quite bruised and angry looking in the last one. So here it is:

602697_10151319027087546_139247262_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Got this yesterday, from Anto in Spilled Ink:

601059_426382234114355_23008448_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Nicker

Relatively new here but here's mine.

Got it when I was living in Ibiza, Spain last summer, kinda translates as no worries. I love it and am craving another one but want to wait till I feel it's just right and something i really want.

Guy called Neil Ahern did it, really awesome studio and amazing portfolio, goes down as one of the most interesting people I've ever met. I find since I got it done I'm fascinated my tattoo artists!

558745_462507607114660_1609799111_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

My first tattoo. Done by Fenix in Spisska Nova Ves, Slovakia.

The Lion reperesents my son, and the butterfly represents my daughter. Got it done on Thursday, so still in healing phase. Sitting just at my right shoulder blade, it hurt like hell, but im delighted with it, it was well worth the pain.

http://imageshack.us/a/img254/5230/img0147qe.jpg

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭innad

Most of mine :)
    12 year old dragon on my lower back not pictured

innad wrote: »

"Most"????? You have many more? Nice ones though.

this is a tattoo forum, right?! Ha ha, what can I say, I like tattoos. My first tattoo, a dragon on my back that I don't have a photo of, isn't pictured, as well as a disaster on my wrist that I need to get lasered at some stage :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

this is a tattoo forum, right?! Ha ha, what can I say, I like tattoos. My first tattoo, a dragon on my back that I don't have a photo of, isn't pictured, as well as a disaster on my wrist that I need to get lasered at some stage :/

Lasering is a right pain in the hole, I think of it as a lesson learned though :).

Lasering is a right pain in the hole, I think of it as a lesson learned though :).

Have you had it done? Where did you go if you don't mind me asking? trying to figure out where to go at the moment. Been meaning to do it for about 6 years :(
    Definitely a lesson learned!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have you had it done? Where did you go if you don't mind me asking? trying to figure out where to go at the moment. Been meaning to do it for about 6 years :(

I replied here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83599151#post83599151

We don't want to be dragging this thread off topic :).

Dublin Ink are doing it AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Wow, they're beautiful. I've got some questions about significance (presuming the ones I'm referring to aren't just aesthetic). If you don't want to answer them that's fine.

Is the bird twitter related? I couldn't help notice the legs are a #.

What's the meaning behind half blood? I'm guessing it's Harry Potter reference (sorry if it's not!) but I also notice your witch tattoo which makes me think you may be wiccan (again sorry if I've got it wrong). Is it in relation to that in any way?

Once again feel free to not answer, I'm just being awful nosy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 niclochlainn

Got this done in Dublin Ink last week, my first tattoo! Delighted with it :)

Is the bird twitter related? I couldn't help notice the legs are a #.

What's the meaning behind half blood? I'm guessing it's Harry Potter reference (sorry if it's not!) but I also notice your witch tattoo which makes me think you may be wiccan (again sorry if I've got it wrong). Is it in relation to that in any way?

Once again feel free to not answer, I'm just being awful nosy.

Not at all, I should've probably included some of this info in the post, sorry, I'm new! The bird is made up of musical notation, so yes you're right the feet are #, but it's the sharp sign rather than a hashtag. Although I do think of him as my tweetie bird for that reason :) I'm really ashamed to admit that I didn't come up with the design, I found it on google when I was looking for music tattoo ideas. I wouldn't do that again, but at the time I thought it was such a small piece, and such a great idea, and I hadn't even considered that it may have been a custom piece, I was quite stupid as regards tattoo flash etc.. please don't hate me :(

Half blood is indeed a Harry Potter reference. Also I'm half German half Irish, and moved here with my mum when I was 11. So I kind of grew up feeling like a half blood, and spent most of my teenage years feeling like I didn't belong in either country. So it seemed an appropriate tattoo ;)

As far as the witch goes I'm a non-practicing Wiccan, if that makes sense. I have always felt a great affinity to it, and the Wiccan rede is pretty much what I try to live by anyway. I love my witch tattoo :)

Sorry this has got a bit long! The initials are both my parents' initials in old German script in a heart on my sleeve, the birdcage is based on my favourite Tori Amos lyrics. The dragon-type thing is a jabberwocky, for my dad who used to tell me stories about it when I was little.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

tatt_zps75b1a978.jpg

Got this a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That just looks class man

The latest addition...Billy from the Saw movies. The light isn't great so the pic doesn't show how good it actually is!! He's wedged in nicely between Mike Myers and Chucky. Just over 4 hours to do. Well chuffed. Back down in 2 weeks... :D

244785.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

The latest addition...Billy from the Saw movies. The light isn't great so the pic doesn't show how good it actually is!! He's wedged in nicely between Mike Myers and Chucky. Just over 4 hours to do. Well chuffed. Back down in 2 weeks... :D
    Love it, and those movies. I'm getting him on my chest somewhere, was committed to black and grey........at last until i seen those colours. Damn nice work PKM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Well chuffed. Back down in 2 weeks... :D

It's coming together nicely. What's next? :)

It's coming together nicely. What's next? :)

I have Hellraiser and Freddy Kreuger that are a few years old, so he's gonna freshen them up and add some colour to blend them in a bit. Either that or Hannibal Lecter. :D

I have Hellraiser and Freddy Kreuger that are a few years old, so he's gonna freshen them up and add some colour to blend them in a bit. Either that or Hannibal Lecter. :D

I'm such a chicken when it comes to horror movies, I'm even scared of the tattoo :eek: that's a compliment!

• Advertisement

Crappy phone pic, but here's my latest addition, Anaesthesia from one of my favourite books, Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere :D
    By Paul Aherne

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement