Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

If I had Suarez, then I'd put it on him

You only really need a goal from him and it's a guaranteed 20 points for you (as long as he plays both games obv)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

After a lot of chopping and changing it looks like this will be my final team. Have 0.0 in the bank, so a bit wary of Kelly not playing as I'll only get 3.9 for him and will struggle getting a replacement as it stands.

On paper, I think I've one of the strongest possible teams going into this GW. Cue another implosion...

I'd like to fit Sigurdsson in, but who to drop?

2i1fc5k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You already have Sigurdsson. I'll be getting in Sig. But tbh I don't think Swanseas next 4 fixtures offer too much potential. I'll be waiting til after their away game to Spurs to get him in, probly for Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Swap Kompany to Lescott that might save you a bit .

manual_man wrote: »
    You already have Sigurdsson. I'll be getting in Sig. But tbh I don't think Swanseas next 4 fixtures offer too much potential. I'll be waiting til after their away game to Spurs to get him in, probly for Ireland

Fit Sigurdsson in to my first 11 obviously :)

• Advertisement

roryc wrote: »

Fit Sigurdsson in to my first 11 obviously :)

Oh well obviously :rolleyes:

lol. I wouldn't be banking on him getting more than 2 pts against City. I think he's better on your bench

lol. I wouldn't be banking on him getting more than 2 pts against City. I think he's better on your bench

I wouldn't be so sure. Swansea have been great at home all season, especially in defence (although as I suspected this would drop after xmas). But their attack has also been strong, even against the big clubs.

Gylfi has only played two 'top' clubs this season (both at home) - Arsenal and Chelsea... he bagged an assist in each. If Swansea score, its likely he'll be involved somehow, don't write him off just yet.

I wouldn't be so sure. Swansea have been great at home all season, especially in defence (although as I suspected this would drop after xmas). But their attack has also been strong, even against the big clubs.

Gylfi has only played two 'top' clubs this season (both at home) - Arsenal and Chelsea... he bagged an assist in each. If Swansea score, its likely he'll be involved somehow, don't write him off just yet.

In fairness tho Arsenal and Chelsea defense has been sh1te. I also think Swansea will miss Dyer big time, he's been one of the stars of their season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think it's crazy the amount of faith being invested in Suarez.. DGW or not... me thinks people will live to regret that.

I'd sooner go for Enrique as captain than him... more likely to score and get a clean sheet in the process.

I think it's crazy the amount of faith being invested in Suarez.. DGW or not... me thinks people will live to regret that.

I'd sooner go for Enrique as captain than him... more likely to score and get a clean sheet in the process.

Disagree, Suarez played brilliantly last game. And people have the easy option of being able to swap him out directly after the double GW if he doesn't perform.

I'm probably captaining him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Disagree, Suarez played brilliantly last game. And people have the easy option of being able to swap him out directly after the double GW if he doesn't perform.

He better perform,I've put aside my personal hatred for the guy to get him in,anyhow Liverpool don't have a lot of firepower (Carroll lol:pac: ) so he'll start both games plus I won't be at the loss of any cash if I sell him again.

Yet how much does he have to show for it?

Means nothing, its a safe gamble for the next GW and its cost me nothing to get him in. If it doesn't work I can pick whoever I want from the remaining strikers to transfer him out, even getting Ba back in if I want.

He's playing against Sunderland, who have just lost there main man in Sessegnon, and Everton which is always a big derby. He's already scored against BOTH of these clubs this season so no reason he won't perform against them again.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Suarez that highly, 6 goals for a striker is absolutely rubbish even despite missing 5 games, but his performance in the last game swung it for me. He would have had an assist had Kuyt scored the peno, he hit the post and had another shot saved after an amazing dribble through their defence.

I don't like the guy (not yet on a Terry-esque level but getting there) but FF ain't about picking your favourity players. At worst he scores 4 -6 points, the same as captaining Rooney/Van Persie and they get an assist. Or he could bang in a couple and suddenly you have a big differential on your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Hasn't Suarez pretty much had great games in most of his games this season for Liverpool? Isn't that the joke? He plays well quite often, and is obviously a good player, but just a terrible "end product" player, rendering him a really poor FF choice?

If you have a free transfer you don't need, then by all means get him in then ship him out after the DGW, but I've seen quite a few take points hits to get him in, which is just... mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    Hasn't Suarez pretty much had great games in most of his games this season for Liverpool? Isn't that the joke? He plays well quite often, and is obviously a good player, but just a terrible "end product" player, rendering him a really poor FF choice?

If you have a free transfer you don't need, then by all means get him in then ship him out after the DGW, but I've seen quite a few take points hits to get him in, which is just... mind-boggling.

I'd agree. If I bring him in, I know I'll be sending him straight back out. Good for the odd goal but he's not worth near the same price. People only have interest because of the DGW and, to be honest, sometimes a DGW can be misleading.

Look at the people who went for players like Jags or Drenthe earlier in the season for the last Everton DGW and got burned.

van Persie could knock in a hat trick against Newcastle and bag somebody 30 points as captain. Suarez could struggle to hit ten points even with a double gameweek knowing him.

Hitting the bar, just about missing out on assists and dribbling through the entire defence has been the story of his season so far. I'd also be adding Aguero to his stable at this point.

Until some end product is produced, not worth the outlay. If Bellamy was fit to start both games and Daglish would start him in both, I'd have him in my team in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Agree about Bellamy. I've always "loved to hate" him. Seems to really irritate defenders and get into their heads, while also producing an end product quite often.

But with Kenny in charge, he'll be lucky to total 70 minutes over the DGW, so I had to look elsewhere when dropping Ba.

Agree about Bellamy. I've always "loved to hate" him. Seems to really irritate defenders and get into their heads, while also producing an end product quite often.

But with Kenny in charge, he'll be lucky to total 70 minutes over the DGW, so I had to look elsewhere when dropping Ba.

Bellamy has bad knees that's why he doesn't play as much,if he was 100% he'd be first choice at Liverpool.

Yeh I've been happy enough to take the piss too, but like you say its not costing me anything so worth a pop. I wouldn't be taking a points hit to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zerks wrote: »
    Bellamy has bad knees that's why he doesn't play as much,if he was 100% he'd be first choice at Liverpool.

It's a real pity because he's basically Suarez but with an end product.

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's a real pity because he's basically Suarez but with an end product.

And isn't racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

My team below, comments appreciated, be nice....

195486.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

Deank wrote: »

195486.JPG

leaky defence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭pah

195486.JPG

There's a bit of a question mark about your team.

195486.JPG

Good team all round! The opposition won't see them coming
    Means nothing, its a safe gamble for the next GW and its cost me nothing to get him in. If it doesn't work I can pick whoever I want from the remaining strikers to transfer him out, even getting Ba back in if I want.

He's playing against Sunderland, who have just lost there main man in Sessegnon, and Everton which is always a big derby. He's already scored against BOTH of these clubs this season so no reason he won't perform against them again.

Don't get me wrong, I don't rate Suarez that highly, 6 goals for a striker is absolutely rubbish even despite missing 5 games, but his performance in the last game swung it for me. He would have had an assist had Kuyt scored the peno, he hit the post and had another shot saved after an amazing dribble through their defence.

I don't like the guy (not yet on a Terry-esque level but getting there) but FF ain't about picking your favourity players. At worst he scores 4 -6 points, the same as captaining Rooney/Van Persie and they get an assist. Or he could bang in a couple and suddenly you have a big differential on your hands.

Fair enough, we'll see, hope it works out anyway, guess if he does score it will be worth yours and other peoples while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I would not put too much faith in any Arsenal player this week-end. After their heroic (unfortunately) failure yesterday, they were completely worn out. Plus the disappointment of the "all that for nothing" feeling (even though you could argue that such a performance should boost them). So I would not be surprised to see them struggle big time against Newcastle (even if the Toons are not in good form at the moment).

As for Suarez... He'll be my gamble this week. Hopefully I'll make a little cash profit out of him too which could help me get either Rooney or Nani next week for the remainder of the season.

pah wrote: »
    There's a bit of a question mark about your team.
    And what question mark would that be, the defense is a bit weak, and i will strengthen that over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

And what question mark would that be, the defense is a bit weak, and i will strengthen that over the coming weeks.

I cant see your team :confused:

Dempsey wrote: »
    I cant see your team :confused:

Post #142

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Em, i think it might be referring to the question mark above Bogdan?? I sincerely hope not. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Post #142

I know thats the post where you posted it but the screenshot isnt showing for me

Advertisement