Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Rate My Team Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,820 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Opinions Please?
    I don't think you've hurt yourself in the midfield/forwards are at all. You are in decent shape there I think. I'd probably prefer to have Valencia over Dempsey for consistency. I have both of them but I see Dempsey as droppable quite a lot whereas Valencia is undroppable. You will get great returns from Dempsey against weaker teams in home ties though.

Its your defense I don't like. No city defender is a huge mistake imo. Everytime they have a clean sheet you are losing out to most teams and they have more clean sheets than any other team in the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd be interested to here from you all on where you think I could improve:

Lindegaard Vorm

Evans / Assou-Ekotto / Caulker / Senderos / Simpson

Silva / Bale / Sessegnon / McClean / Valencia

Van Persie / Ba / Aguero

I had Kompany but got rid of him after his suspension, he'll be coming back in for Assou-Ekotto for the upcoming gameweek though as Spurs have tricky fixtures and City have a couple of nice ones.

My starting line-up usually/will look something like this with captaincy duties rotating between the 3 strikers:
    Vorm

Evans Kompany Simpson/Caulker

Silva Bale Sessegnon Valencia

Van Persie Ba Aguero

The main problem I have is I can't really drop one of the strikers and because of that I'm usually stuck with McClean on the bench as I struggle to drop anyone of the other 4 midfielders for him.

I'll probably get Rooney in for Aguero over the next 3 or 4 weeks too, meaning I'll stick with Vorm as #1 as I can't have more than 3 Man United players.

Any critique is much appreciated! Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd be interested to here from you all on where you think I could improve:

Lindegaard Vorm

Evans / Assou-Ekotto / Caulker / Senderos / Simpson

Silva / Bale / Sessegnon / McClean / Valencia

Van Persie / Ba / Aguero

I had Kompany but got rid of him after his suspension, he'll be coming back in for Assou-Ekotto for the upcoming gameweek though as Spurs have tricky fixtures and City have a couple of nice ones.

My starting line-up usually/will look something like this with captaincy duties rotating between the 3 strikers:
    Vorm

Evans Kompany Simpson/Caulker

Silva Bale Sessegnon Valencia

Van Persie Ba Aguero

The main problem I have is I can't really drop one of the strikers and because of that I'm usually stuck with McClean on the bench as I struggle to drop anyone of the other 4 midfielders for him.

I'll probably get Rooney in for Aguero over the next 3 or 4 weeks too, meaning I'll stick with Vorm as #1 as I can't have more than 3 Man United players.

Any critique is much appreciated! Cheers!

Thats a great team i don't see anything needing to be changed .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,

It's a pretty slow week ff wise. Here's my team for GW26.
    Krul
    Santon - Kompany - Huth*
    Bale - Silva - Dempsey - Sessegnon
    RVP - Aguero - Ba
    SUBS: Siggurdsson, Kelly, Taylor

*Now clearly Huth is still suspended, so I'm think Huth to Evans is a decent transfer this week? After gw27, Stokes fixtures go to the dogs.

Any other ideas? I think, given the fixtures, my starting XI picks itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

I haven't made my transfer yet but not sure if i will this is my team.

Sorensen

Simpson/Smalling/Richards

Sinclair/Bale/McClean/Valencia

RVP/Rooney/Aguero(c)

Subs; Vorm Surman,Kelly, J.Enrique

Only have 0.1 in the bank

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,

It's a pretty slow week ff wise. Here's my team for GW26.
    Krul
    Santon - Kompany - Huth*
    Bale - Silva - Dempsey - Sessegnon
    RVP - Aguero - Ba
    SUBS: Siggurdsson, Kelly, Taylor

*Now clearly Huth is still suspended, so I'm think Huth to Evans is a decent transfer this week? After gw27, Stokes fixtures go to the dogs.

Any other ideas? I think, given the fixtures, my starting XI picks itself?

I wouldn't pick Evans as MU have Jones, Nani and Young all back now + all forwards fit so Jones may be pushed back into CB. I would also avoid getting another Stoke defender as they have under-performed this year in defence(even though i have sorensen). Try to get a spuds defender + look at fixtures to see if a team has a group of easy home games. Team in relegation dog-fight often will be involved in tight matches so maybe it is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Vorm, Mignolet
    Kompany, Smalling, R Taylor, N Taylor, Shotton
    Bale, Silva, Valencia, McClean, Sigurdsson
    Rooney, Van Persie, Ba

1m in the bank, any suggestions on improving it ?

Opinions Please?

Good move getting shut of valencia! Know anyone else who is gonna get injured. Luckily i still haven't made transfer and 0.1 fall wouldn't affect me. Sometimes i take what managers such as saf and aw say as they can exaggerate esp. at this time of season but he could be out for 4 weeks. What do people think of david pizarro at man city. He looks a good player.

Good move getting shut of valencia! Know anyone else who is gonna get injured. Luckily i still haven't made transfer and 0.1 fall wouldn't affect me. Sometimes i take what managers such as saf and aw say as they can exaggerate esp. at this time of season but he could be out for 4 weeks. What do people think of david pizarro at man city. He looks a good player.

He won't play ahead of Barry or Yaya Toure

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Vorm, Mignolet
    Kompany, Smalling, R Taylor, N Taylor, Shotton
    Bale, Silva, Valencia, McClean, Sigurdsson
    Rooney, Van Persie, Ba

1m in the bank, any suggestions on improving it ?

Think you should get in Yaya Toure for Valencia but wait until next week to make transfer unless you are worried about price drop. Can see his experience being massive now + he is in his peak, + anxious to make up for acn.

• Advertisement

Here's my team

18c100a0.jpg

Thinking of replacing Bae with Lescott can't afford Kompany or Richards .

Bae is showing up as doubtful think that has made my mind up to bring in Lescott now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Would be looking to replace Valencia first if i were you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mine for the week.
    Bench is pretty useless if more than one player in the starting 11 doesn't play.
    Ignore the captain choice, that will be toyed with.
    6774380020_248b01dd0c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

There's a good chance BAE won't play, have you used your transfer for the week yet?

Also here's my team below. Im currently just shy of 1,500 points and 1,600th in the world. Broke into the top 1,000 for a few days but have had a few bad captain choices and have dropped a bit - 10 points more gained over the coming weeks should get me back.

25u74vd.jpg

Might change my keeper to avoid doubling up on Newcastle, but can't see this being a massive differential. Either could score 6 points or 0, not much between them. 8 players at home this week including 80% of my defence, hopefully this equates to a decent score!

I've a free transfer this week and was going to do Valencia but he hasn't dropped in price (YET!) and I can just about manage without him. Would like to see how bad his injury is before shipping him out. Will be easier to take him out after the weekends games anyway once I see how Aguero performs. He's on his last chance with me, just not worth the money despite being in the middle of perfect run of fixtures for a striker. He's looking most likely to get the armband this week though, at home to Blackburn is too good to miss. Note that Rooney has another mystery illness and may not even play!

So next week if Aguero underperforms and Valencia is looking like a long term injury, I'm contemplating taking out Aguero + Valencia for Rooney + Sigurdsson, leaving me about 2m in the bank.

The reason I want cash in reserve is that I plan to get in at least 1 Liverpool defender, possibly 2 from GW 30 onwards. They have a good run of fixtures and what now looks like 2 double GW's coming up and Jose Enrique's value is dropping fast...

Also one final point, what the f**k is going on with GW 29? Will need to prepare for this!

2lvd2jl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

hey lads I went from 14th to 4th in my league before christmas but since dropped to 6th and my teams going a bit stale it seems. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Goalies:Vorm,Ruddy
    Defenders:R Taylor, N Taylor, Baines, Enrique, Evans
    Midfield:Bale, Silva, Dyer,Sess,Chamberlain
    Forwards: Aguero, RVP, Fletcher
    I have 2.4 in the bank for GW27

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Untitled-2.png
    new to forum,
    any ideas on where to go with my team? iv dropped from 28,000th over all to 82,000th over the last 7 weeks.:eek:
    Team is pretty bland if im honest, a lot of popular choices. so i'm thinking I need some differentials as I cant make up ground if iv the same players as everyone else.

Edit: as if to prove my point just looked at "roryc's" team above, iv actually got all of his 1st 11 and also had valencia until last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

hey lads I went from 14th to 4th in my league before christmas but since dropped to 6th and my teams going a bit stale it seems. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Goalies:Vorm,Ruddy
    Defenders:R Taylor, N Taylor, Baines, Enrique, Evans
    Midfield:Bale, Silva, Dyer,Sess,Chamberlain
    Forwards: Aguero, RVP, Fletcher
    I have 2.4 in the bank for GW27

looks good overall, couple of things to think about though.

Fletchers place may not be nailed down. He missed out with illness last weekend and Doyle scored. Remains to be seen who will be Terry Connors preferred striker if both are fit, and id expect him to continue with the same 451 formation that McCarthy preferred.

Chamberlain is a player who's as likely to play 10 minutes as 90 IMO. A lot of options in the Arsenal attack, and i think he'll be used sparingly for the rest of the season.

Finally, Vorms clean sheets seem to have dried up, only one in the last 10 games. Il probably ship him out myself over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

gobo99 wrote: »
    new to forum,
    any ideas on where to go with my team? iv dropped from 28,000th over all to 82,000th over the last 7 weeks.:eek:
    Team is pretty bland if im honest, a lot of popular choices. so i'm thinking I need some differentials as I cant make up ground if iv the same players as everyone else.

Edit: as if to prove my point just looked at "roryc's" team above, iv actually got all of his 1st 11 and also had valencia until last weekend.

There's really nothing "wrong" with your team, to be honest. In fact, it's a great team. Maybe Mata isn't consistent enough to warrant spending 9.6 on him.

Now that he's back fit, I would look to Nani instead of Mata if I were you. Or Dempsey, then Rooney in for Aguero. United rarely go into the final stretch of a season without a good run... so at least one player of their going forward should do you well (and since everyone seems to be backing Valencia, Nani could be *somewhat* of a differential).

I know I probably need to get rid of Smalling and Sorenson, but I'm also interested in getting Rooney in after this GW, along with an attacking Liverpool player, so I'm not feeling too good at the moment. Oh an Toure was only supposed to be in for the Blackburn/Bolton games, so won't be keeping him either. Figured I'd stick my team up and see if anyone has any ideas.

HyZnR.png

• Advertisement

^^^^
    I got rid of Bae last week , You should have made bit on him an his fixtures aren't great next few weeks.

I got Lescott for him

carlcon wrote: »
    I know I probably need to get rid of Smalling and Sorenson, but I'm also interested in getting Rooney in after this GW, along with an attacking Liverpool player, so I'm not feeling too good at the moment. Oh an Toure was only supposed to be in for the Blackburn/Bolton games, so won't be keeping him either. Figured I'd stick my team up and see if anyone has any ideas.

HyZnR.png

I'd start thinking about getting rid of Taylor, and possibly Vorm. I made the point at Christmas that Swansea would not be as strong in the second half of the season - a view that was largely shot down iirc...

Bar his (lucky) assist three weeks ago - his first of the season - Taylor's points have been 1, 1, -1, 1, 1, 6, 2, 0, 1

And Vorm hasn't been much better, they've only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 10. And he seems to be ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Potential team for this weekend.

SORENSEN

ENRIQUE
    SENDEROS---LESCOTT

SESS----SILVA
    BALE---McCLEAN

BA
    RVP
    AGUERO cpt.

SUBS: VORM,SIGURDSSON,CAULKER,EVANS

I swapped out BAE for Lescott and I'm keeping funds for the possible reintroduction of Valencia next week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    I'd start thinking about getting rid of Taylor, and possibly Vorm. I made the point at Christmas that Swansea would not be as strong in the second half of the season - a view that was largely shot down iirc...

Bar his (lucky) assist three weeks ago - his first of the season - Taylor's points have been 1, 1, -1, 1, 1, 6, 2, 0, 1

And Vorm hasn't been much better, they've only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 10. And he seems to be ill.

That's my plan also. I've been in no rush to get rid of them as I have had better options over the last 3 weeks. I'm finding it very hard to use up one of my 2 free transfers so will probably get rid of N. Taylor for a 3.9-4.0 player with good fixtures. Any suggestions?

Fulham defenders - I have Kelly but he's down as a doubt. Senderos at 4.3 is a safe bet.

You also have Evans at United at 4.6 if you can afford him, although they have Spurs away next.

Shotton at Stoke could be a great shout, Norwich (H) next and only 4m, already a goal and assist to his name. Not guaranteed a start though...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    Fulham defenders - I have Kelly but he's down as a doubt. Senderos at 4.3 is a safe bet.

You also have Evans at United at 4.6 if you can afford him, although they have Spurs away next.

Shotton at Stoke could be a great shout, Norwich (H) next and only 4m, already a goal and assist to his name. Not guaranteed a start though...

Had Shotton before and it backfired,when he did play it was for 5 minutes or so.Evans is a regular now and moreso after Smallings injury last night,I've benched him though as Spurs will more than likely score against United (while conceding 4 I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tipperaryman

Team Currently:

Vorm, Krul
    P.Jones, BAE, Kelly, Simpson, Enrique
    Bale, Silva, Walters, Sinclair, Moses
    Van Persie (c) Ade , Welbeck

3rd out of 20 in my money league(H2H) basis.
    Playing a fella who has Aguero out next time which I am fearing.
    Whats yer suggestions sonsidering Ive 0.6 in the bank with 3 free transfers accumulated

? :confused: opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

You can only have 2 free transfers accumulated, not 3.

I'd go Evans in for Jones
    McLean in for Walters.

Will free up a lot of funds so you could upgrade Welbeck next week.

As Benimar said, you can only save up 2 transfers. If you were planning on having a 3rd next week, you won't. If you currently have 2 free tranfers, you can use one up now, and still have 2 next week, if that suits you.

Walters has to go, IMO. I'd also be looking for a better sub than Moses. McClean, Sigurdson and Pilkington are all decent choices, plus you'd free up some cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Team as of now.

Dunno what to do yet as its to early in the week will have a better idea when team news starts to come in 2morrw. I know Valencia Bale Vorm and Kelly are all some what doubtful at the mo.........

6944562771_c2b16f8348_b.jpg

Advertisement